Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2014, 06:31 PM

362 posts, read 542,199 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jw2 View Post
This is going to sound stupid and don't take offense, it has happened. Did you, by chance, put both plates on the back? They are not very thick and when you pull them from the envelope, they can feel like just one. Like two crisp dollar bills.
That's exactly what happened to me! A motorcycle cop at LAX pointed it out to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2014, 09:26 PM

8,267 posts, read 13,369,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kate2014 View Post
You were right! They were stuck together! Omg I feel so stupid now lol. Thank you so much!!! So happy I don't have to pay for a duplicate. I'm just going to pay the ticket because I don't want to have to deal with going to court, it was only $25. Thanks again!!
It is up to you but you could simply ask for a trial by written declaration. Then fill the form and for your reasons simply state what happened, that the plates were stuck together and that being from FL where they only use a single plate in the back, you didn't realize that the front plate was missing and later on by advice of people, you checked and found out that the plates were stuck together and that you screwed both of them in the back. Take a picture of both the front and the rear plates showing the correction and good chance they will dismiss it. There is always some stupid administration fee they deduct so not sure if it is really worth the haggle or the hassle.how it was (re-do the silly mistake if you will), then correct the plates and take a picture of the if I were Ask for appeal by written declaration.

Welcome to CA!
Every donation helps with the financial mess it is currently in (though it is seemingly beyond help):
State of California Debt Clock

Old 02-03-2014, 10:23 PM

2,410 posts, read 4,436,557 times
Just a couple of points.

First, if you had received only one plate, there is no fee for a duplicate set. When you fill out the form, you check the box that says "not received" and the fee is waived.

Second, there are a variety of "fix-it" tickets that DMV has the authority to sign off on. Not sure about this one, but it wouldn't hurt to check.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles