U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-14-2016, 02:06 PM

496 posts, read 461,255 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiolibre99 View Post
Big Bear is that nice? That's great news cus I wanted to either go there or just take the drive up to Mammoth to get some beautiful scenery. Rank 'em please; big bear, mammoth, Julian, Tahoe
Wellll in terms of full access to great skiing/snowboarding, I would say mammoth! (Only been to Tahoe once but have been to mammoth like twice a year for 20 years. Then comes big bear and all the other resorts (snow valley, snow summit, mountain high) and then Julian just for the fact that it does not offer winter sports.
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2016, 02:16 PM

Bottom line is San Diego boosters tend to be veryyyyy defensive about their city. (More often than not) Y'all come on an LA forum to spout about SD is superior because of Julian (sorry that is just so laughable to me) ooooo and the fact that u have comic-con, which is a convention that happens ONCE a year, that is set to move from San Diego anyway. WOW.

I do not understand whyyyy SD residents continue to feel "insecure" about their city...well maybe I know why lol. (Cuz of the neighbor to the north) lol

I am just soooo TIRED of SD residents/boosters comparisons to LA. It's becoming laughable. (One word, Julian) lmao

And to that poster, who talked about my formatting...it was obviously a mistake...lol (that was your "comeback" to me?? I need to learn formatting??) ok lol

And for the record, I FULLY support the armed services as my brother is in the US navy.

But all this other nonsense about LA v SD needs to stop, in a hurry lol cuz y'all are looking silly

Old 01-14-2016, 03:06 PM

15,734 posts, read 26,279,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erin_elise_ View Post
Bottom line is San Diego boosters tend to be veryyyyy defensive about their city. (More often than not) Y'all come on an LA forum to spout about SD is superior because of Julian (sorry that is just so laughable to me) ooooo and the fact that u have comic-con, which is a convention that happens ONCE a year, that is set to move from San Diego anyway. WOW.

I do not understand whyyyy SD residents continue to feel "insecure" about their city...well maybe I know why lol. (Cuz of the neighbor to the north) lol

I am just soooo TIRED of SD residents/boosters comparisons to LA. It's becoming laughable. (One word, Julian) lmao

And to that poster, who talked about my formatting...it was obviously a mistake...lol (that was your "comeback" to me?? I need to learn formatting??) ok lol

And for the record, I FULLY support the armed services as my brother is in the US navy.

But all this other nonsense about LA v SD needs to stop, in a hurry lol cuz y'all are looking silly
How are LA boosters any better with all the stupid, exaggerated stereotypes that have been thrown out there about SD? This thread is nauseating, mostly for the dumb anti SD stereotypes IMO.

Old 01-14-2016, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
How are LA boosters any better with all the stupid, exaggerated stereotypes that have been thrown out there about SD? This thread is nauseating, mostly for the dumb anti SD stereotypes IMO.
i understand your discontent about the stereotypes. but i have not been one to make or defend those stereotypes about SD. I was only replying to the statements one poster was making about the temps in the SD valleys ONLY going into the 90s (wow lol) and by talking about julian mountain and examples of rancho santa fe in the LA area. I never cosigned to the attacks on the military as i am a supporter (because of my brother being in the US navy and for other obvious reasons) and the racial attacks made on SD.

I am just soooo annoyed with the SD commentators coming over into the LA forum and being sensitive and silly. obviously, this is just my opinion, given that this is an opinion board, but i just had to say it. ughhh lol

Old 01-14-2016, 06:04 PM

Quote:
i understand your discontent about the stereotypes. but i have not been one to make or defend those stereotypes about SD. I was only replying to the statements one poster was making about the temps in the SD valleys ONLY going into the 90s (wow lol) and by talking about julian mountain and examples of rancho santa fe in the LA area. I never cosigned to the attacks on the military as i am a supporter (because of my brother being in the US navy and for other obvious reasons) and the racial attacks made on SD.

I am just soooo annoyed with the SD commentators coming over into the LA forum and being sensitive and silly. obviously, this is just my opinion, given that this is an opinion board, but i just had to say it. ughhh lol
So you're talking about ONE poster but keeping saying "boosters" and "commenters" which is plural?

Old 01-14-2016, 06:19 PM

21 posts, read 16,024 times
Quote:

Yes, and someone forgot the word, averages.

1. Silly, theres no such thing as Julian mountian, and same is to say about LA and Little Mountian Villages with Great (emphasis) Pies.

2. Nope, from the looks of every satellite image of LA, no equivalent to Rancho Santa Fe. There just isn't any.

Im just so annoyed that im defending SD in LA forum not City vs City.

P.S. I have never said that **you** did. Some have, which is the point. Furthermore, San Diego isnt really measured on the metric of LA. "If we wanted LA we would have moved to LA" not to criticize LA, but people come to San Diego because they like it. The climate is nice, with ~4 different zones to live in, and little to no smog. Its beautiful, and LA has its Beauty's to, Look at the San Bernardino mountians on a clear day. Ski down said mountians. In the end, ive made a profound discovery in the past few hours, LA and SD need to stop fighting, we have bigger fish to fry, the bay area. (Note: never have a purposely meant to say Julian is better then Big Bear. I said the closest thing LA has to Julian is Big Bear, and Big Bear is exactly that, big) Ill always envy Big Bears snow, but I will always love San Diegos warmth. In the end we (Me included) have to stop comparing two cities that are nothing alike. There I said it.

Furthermore, some people need to stop being a-holes, you know who you are, and if you know you werent being one, then im not talking about you.

Old 01-14-2016, 06:31 PM

Quote:

Having just made my point clear in a previous post....

1. set to move, not yet, soon, but not yet.

2. Closest does not necessarily mean is better than, read silly

3. San Diego's younger brother to the north has its fair share of insecurity. Yes, LA is younger than SD.

4. One word closest, sigh, someone who has never had that pie

5. I come from Reddit, a place where formatting matters, unless your referencing someone.

6. Great, Through the Internet High Five

7. Look at my previous post, itll set you straight.

8. We feel much more insecure about our neighbor to the south, because of a certain president of the USA named Barack Obama

Last edited by PumaOrion; 01-14-2016 at 06:39 PM..

Old 01-14-2016, 06:32 PM

1,085 posts, read 1,337,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
Come on, you don't feel that way about Orange County when people throw around the "those are just stereotypes" card. I've been on this site a long time and have interacted with you in other forums and you seem level-headed compared to many others on here.

Old 01-14-2016, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aboveordinary View Post
Come on, you don't feel that way about Orange County when people throw around the "those are just stereotypes" card. I've been on this site a long time and have interacted with you in other forums and you seem level-headed compared to many others on here.
I've never disagreed they were stereotypes though. I may not "defend" OC against stereotypes but that doesn't mean I don't think some people are rather dramatic and exaggerate about the place.

Old 01-14-2016, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aboveordinary View Post
I like Orange County, nice, not to urban, and Knotts
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles