U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2016, 06:48 PM

1,085 posts, read 1,337,769 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PumaOrion View Post
Trump, never, he's an idiot, id vote for Rubio.

Dude, I think you should realize why the patriot act was signed in the first place. Furthermore, our military is one of the most feared in the world. And has every right to be, we can single handedly destroy every country in the world, (with consequence beyond belief of course) and defending freedom is what they do. We havent gone through a major war to gain territory in over 100 years. Iraq ended a few years ago, so basically your telling me to blame obama, dont worry already so.

Just because they are white doesnt mean they where voted Becaue of that. I would vote policies above race anyday. San Diego has never been an area of the south. Southwest of course, but saying we have southern pride is saying that LA has it to. Why would people people name Santee, a repulblican town, after a democrat creation, kkk. Havent heard hateside either, and ive been hear since the day I was born, as my father. I think you are talking about faux racism, the stuff college kids blow out of proportion.

P.S. You can be racist against your own race, it isnt unheard of.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PumaOrion View Post
Having just made my point clear in a previous post....

1. set to move, not yet, soon, but not yet.

2. Closets does not necessarily mean is better than, read silly

3. San Diego's younger brother to the north has its fair share of insecurity. Yes, LA is younger than SD.

4. One word closest, sigh, someone who has never had that pie

5. I come from Reddit, a place where formatting matters, unless your referencing someone.

6. Great, Through the Internet High Five

7. Look at my previous post, itll set you straight.

8. We feel much more insecure about our neighbor to the south, because of a certain president of the USA named Barack Obama
You need to brush up on your history. The parties switched decades ago. The old racist slave owners were democrats but the parties are completely switched now. The switch happened when democratic politicians started pushing for civil rights legislation that turned off southern voters. The southern voters were welcomed to the Republican Party and they keep voting for Republicans because of the "southern strategy". Donald Trump is popular with many Reublicans especially white uneducated southerners for a reason. Also illegal immigration has declined under Obama so maybe you should feel insecure about something else like your lack of brain cells.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2016, 07:12 PM
Status: "Corona Virus is here. God be with you" (set 6 days ago)

3,785 posts, read 2,859,774 times
The funniest thing is most of the time SD is obsessed with bashing LA. It's nearly as much of a sport there as it is in San Francisco. Angelenos never pay either of those puny cities the time of day, for the most part.

So finally, people on this LA forum say enough. You want to know what some of us REALLY think about SD? Here ya go.

And go figure, SD boosters are *shocked*. It's like being shocked that a tiger claws your face off... after you poke it, 100 times, with a stick.

Should SD boosters be doing something more constructive like comparing themselves to Denver? Or bragging about how much better they are than Sacramento? LOL

Old 01-14-2016, 07:13 PM

21 posts, read 16,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aboveordinary View Post
You need to brush up on your history. The parties switched decades ago. The old racist slave owners were democrats but the parties are completely switched now. The switch happened when democratic politicians started pushing for civil rights legislation that turned off southern voters. The southern voters were welcomed to the Republican Party and they keep voting for Republicans because of the "southern strategy". Donald Trump is popular with many Reublicans especially white uneducated southerners for a reason. Also illegal immigration has declined under Obama so maybe you should feel insecure about something else like your lack of brain cells.
He fell for it, he fell for the liberal lie. You dissapoint me and america. Everyone remember what LBJ said.

Illegal Immegration declined under Obama, really, really, you seem to lack those brain cells, not me. The Party of Lincoln and Reagan would never be Racist, Trump is racist, not the republican party. Your just as bad as him, if the democratic party lost its racism, then why do they support PP, and teach the poor to not work to earn, to starve poor children of knowledge? Why are they hurting areas where African Americans need support. Why do they Blow up Faux Racism? Why do they say that the Civil Rights movement was pulling the knife halfway out? When the knife was pulled 100 years before, when the Civil rights movement came around, it was time to heal it..... Why are the Democrats preaching black supremecacy on so many levels, and not preaching equality? Maybe to get revenge on white america one may say? Why get revenge if only to prove that you are no better than them? Why lie to the face of america when the prolblem is in plain sight? Why support gun control when it has failed so severely? Why use generalizations and stereotypes on people you know nothing about? The answer, to be racist, im talking to you above ordinary....

Old 01-14-2016, 07:14 PM

21 posts, read 16,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WizardOfRadical View Post
The funniest thing is most of the time SD is obsessed with bashing LA. It's nearly as much of a sport there as it is in San Francisco. Angelenos never pay either of those puny cities the time of day, for the most part.

So finally, people on this LA forum say enough. You want to know what some of us REALLY think about SD? Here ya go.

And go figure, SD boosters are *shocked*. It's like being shocked a tiger claws your face off after you poke it, 100 times, with a stick.

Should SD boosters be doing something more constructive like comparing themselves to Denver? Or bragging about how much better they are than Sacramento? LOL

Thats what i think about Mr. 3rd Place, who is in neither a position to judge nor to send the opinion of LA, I at least want someone from LA saying they think

SD has a rivalry with LA because LA is SD's more popular younger brother, takes all that SoCal Sunshine and basks in it.

Fun Fact of The Day: Padres fans are the nicest fans on the planet, from someone who goes to every game, you wouldnt believe it.

Old 01-14-2016, 07:40 PM

5,219 posts, read 8,029,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erin_elise_ View Post
there are many things I can say about this BUT Julian??? no one outside of SD has even heard of it....big bear is a nationally known mountainous area where people CAN ski and snowboard.

rancho Santa Fe is nice but is nothing more than homes on rolling estates...try calabasas, agoura hills, west lake village...kinda similar

Yes the San Diego skyline is nice...no one is debating that...
Haha I totally agree about Julian. I just don't get the fondness for the place, in that it's so tiny-walking through the town takes all of 10 minutes- yeah, you can get some decent pies up there- guess what they sell those pies all over SD proper! And you can't really go off I the country to explore, other than a couple of small parks it's all private and fenced property. I've gone bike riding up there a few times and I do enjoy the rolling hills, but Christ, a little snow and the whole f*cking city goes up there and they have to close the access highway down.

Having grown up in the Queen of the Southern Mines in the Motherload/Gold Country, Sonora, I've seen much more impressive 49er mining towns than Hicksville Julian. And for snow I can go to Tahoe, Utah or Maine. No need to sit in traffic for 4 hours for 8" of snow on a few hills with 75k folks from the suburbs trashing the place.

Rancho Sante Fe is another pleasant bike riding place amongst the Eucalyptus groves and also somewhere I would shoot myself if I had to live so removed from my neighbors and society.

I am a realist about San Diego, it's a bit of a boutique city, pleasant and even fun but it doesn't have the vibe, nor the inner city challenges of those few urban centers in the country. But even though I didn't win the Super Lotto last night I feel every day that I won a kind of lottery by settling here in a great house and neighborhood, and damn fine city by the sea and canyons.

Old 01-14-2016, 08:00 PM

10,097 posts, read 7,946,903 times
Why is San Diego more popular among the average folk in middle America? Whevever I go back home to Texas, people are always just 'meh' about LA but rave on and on about San Diego. They think San Diego is paradise.

Old 01-14-2016, 08:09 PM
PDF

11,386 posts, read 11,026,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by radiolibre99 View Post
Why is San Diego more popular among the average folk in middle America? Whevever I go back home to Texas, people are always just 'meh' about LA but rave on and on about San Diego. They think San Diego is paradise.
San Diego is one of the first places people here of when the topic of great weather comes up. You never hear LA in that aspect as much, although its weather is great too. I guess from an outsider's perspective, San Diego seems like a dream place for a city of its size.

Old 01-14-2016, 08:11 PM

496 posts, read 461,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
So you're talking about ONE poster but keeping saying "boosters" and "commenters" which is plural?
no HIS post was the one that made me say what I said about SD commentators on the LA forum. his post was basically the last straw...lol

Old 01-14-2016, 08:13 PM

10,097 posts, read 7,946,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDF View Post
San Diego is one of the first places people here of when the topic of great weather comes up. You never hear LA in that aspect as much, although its weather is great too. I guess from an outsider's perspective, San Diego seems like a dream place for a city of its size.
I think they see LA as another NYC, big city, crowded, expensive, and dangerous. Outdated info mostly.

San Diego is smaller, looks more like a typical town with chain restaurants, malls, less flashy. It's also more conservative, I guess.

Old 01-14-2016, 08:16 PM

496 posts, read 461,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WizardOfRadical View Post

And go figure, SD boosters are *shocked*. It's like being shocked that a tiger claws your face off... after you poke it, 100 times, with a stick.

took the words out of my mouth lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles