U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2016, 08:20 PM

496 posts, read 462,097 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PumaOrion View Post

Thats what i think about Mr. 3rd Place, who is in neither a position to judge nor to send the opinion of LA, I at least want someone from LA saying they think

SD has a rivalry with LA because LA is SD's more popular younger brother, takes all that SoCal Sunshine and basks in it.

Fun Fact of The Day: Padres fans are the nicest fans on the planet, from someone who goes to every game, you wouldnt believe it.
this is a joke right....lolol "LA is SD's more popular younger brother"??????????????????????????????

(see, this is what i'm talking about) i can't anymore...lololol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2016, 08:22 PM
Status: "Corona Virus is here. God be with you" (set 15 days ago)

3,824 posts, read 2,877,367 times
Quote:

Thats what i think about Mr. 3rd Place, who is in neither a position to judge nor to send the opinion of LA, I at least want someone from LA saying they think

SD has a rivalry with LA because LA is SD's more popular younger brother, takes all that SoCal Sunshine and basks in it.

Fun Fact of The Day: Padres fans are the nicest fans on the planet, from someone who goes to every game, you wouldnt believe it.

1) I was born in LA, and grew up a few thousand feet south of LAX.

2)SD is not more popular.

3) Since when do the Padres have fans?

Old 01-14-2016, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T. Damon View Post
Haha I totally agree about Julian. I just don't get the fondness for the place, in that it's so tiny-walking through the town takes all of 10 minutes- yeah, you can get some decent pies up there- guess what they sell those pies all over SD proper! And you can't really go off I the country to explore, other than a couple of small parks it's all private and fenced property. I've gone bike riding up there a few times and I do enjoy the rolling hills, but Christ, a little snow and the whole f*cking city goes up there and they have to close the access highway down.

Having grown up in the Queen of the Southern Mines in the Motherload/Gold Country, Sonora, I've seen much more impressive 49er mining towns than Hicksville Julian. And for snow I can go to Tahoe, Utah or Maine. No need to sit in traffic for 4 hours for 8" of snow on a few hills with 75k folks from the suburbs trashing the place.

Rancho Sante Fe is another pleasant bike riding place amongst the Eucalyptus groves and also somewhere I would shoot myself if I had to live so removed from my neighbors and society.

I am a realist about San Diego, it's a bit of a boutique city, pleasant and even fun but it doesn't have the vibe, nor the inner city challenges of those few urban centers in the country. But even though I didn't win the Super Lotto last night I feel every day that I won a kind of lottery by settling here in a great house and neighborhood, and damn fine city by the sea and canyons.
that's nice that you feel that way everyone is entitled to like what they like.

I was never trying to "bash" SD. I was just responding to some claims in that member's post that I believed to be incredulous.

Old 01-14-2016, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiolibre99 View Post
Why is San Diego more popular among the average folk in middle America? Whevever I go back home to Texas, people are always just 'meh' about LA but rave on and on about San Diego. They think San Diego is paradise.
if you are used to more mid-size cities and not "mega cities" like NY, or possibly Chicago etc, you MIGHT prefer SD to LA. it's as simple as that imo.

and because SD has more of laid back vibe, it makes sense for it ppl to favor it as a nice place for vacation.

Old 01-14-2016, 08:39 PM

10,097 posts, read 7,962,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erin_elise_ View Post
if you are used to more mid-size cities and not "mega cities" like NY, or possibly Chicago etc, you MIGHT prefer SD to LA. it's as simple as that imo.

and because SD has more of laid back vibe, it makes sense for it ppl to favor it as a nice place for vacation.
Well yeah that's what i figured.

Old 01-14-2016, 08:41 PM

5,223 posts, read 8,044,976 times
Quote:
that's nice that you feel that way everyone is entitled to like what they like.

I was never trying to "bash" SD. I was just responding to some claims in that member's post that I believed to be incredulous.
Hey, everyone has their own perceptions, some are based a bit more in exaggerations and stereotypes than others. As someone who grew up with the Northern Californian indoctrination of hating all things Southern California, and in the mountains no less- so we also hated flatlanders and those crazy liberals in The City, I've found much to like in both areas- I've always jokingly say to my Northern California friends, that San Diego is south of Southern California i.e "evil" L.A., that we are a mix of Midwestern (military transplants) and Mexico (Viva!)

I love L.A. but don't need to disparage other places to try to try to prop up my own city. It ain't London, Paris, Berlin, New York or Hong Kong, but I've been to all of those, as well as worked on the family farm in Nebraska, and have a pretty good idea what makes a place exceedingly livable, and still interesting. When I need a little more somepin' somepin' in my life- I just go there for a visit and grab it

Old 01-14-2016, 09:00 PM

1,960 posts, read 3,690,444 times
Quote:
Woot Woot, our military is the reason this forum exist, go thank them for the multiple times that they have kicked butt, and if you are gonna sum up us like that, then LA is a Bunch of Drugged Lower Class Gangsters
I assume that was for the "SOCAL KID", who originally posted what I quoted? But I'll still thank them.

Old 01-14-2016, 09:00 PM

21 posts, read 16,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WizardOfRadical View Post
1) I was born in LA, and grew up a few thousand feet south of LAX.

2)SD is not more popular.

3) Since when do the Padres have fans?
1) i was born in SD, and live a under a mile from mirimar

2) read, LA is SD's younger more popular brother

3) I ask myself that all the time, hometown pride i guess

4) you currently live in San Jose, therefore you must understad that in your time away some stuff has changed

Old 01-14-2016, 09:04 PM

21 posts, read 16,063 times
Quote:
this is a joke right....lolol "LA is SD's more popular younger brother"??????????????????????????????

(see, this is what i'm talking about) i can't anymore...lololol
Read it again, are you surprised that I said LA was more popular, or that it was younger than SD?

Old 01-14-2016, 09:08 PM

1,960 posts, read 3,690,444 times
Quote:
Read it again, are surprised that I said LA was more popular, or that it was younger than SD
Yeah, San Diego pre-dates Los Angeles; it was established in 1769, whereas LA was established in 1781.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles