U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2016, 09:29 PM

3,477 posts, read 1,924,896 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessemh431 View Post
Basically anywhere inland besides urban Sacramento. East County San Diego. San Gabriel Valley. The desert (besides Palm Springs because it's all gays). Central Valley.
No, not the San Gabriel Valley. Palm Springs is comprised of gays and grays....not that there is anything wrong with that. But a bit more diverse than your post suggested.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2016, 09:36 PM

160 posts, read 117,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astral_Weeks View Post
No, not the San Gabriel Valley. Palm Springs is comprised of gays and grays....not that there is anything wrong with that. But a bit more diverse than your post suggested.
Yeah Im not sure I agree with sgv. Maybe LA Verne area? I dunno.

Old 02-22-2016, 09:46 PM

3,477 posts, read 1,924,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hwnwbrwncw View Post
Yeah, sure there are some. Azusa Pacific University has about 9,000 students but the S.G. Valley has approx. 1.5 million residents.

Old 02-22-2016, 10:00 PM

7,857 posts, read 14,714,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hwnwbrwncw View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astral_Weeks View Post
Not all of the SGV, but the east side moreso. I'm talking San Dimas, Glendora, Pomona, La Verne, etc. It's a sorta known thing, but not that strongly. But I have yet to meet a liberal from the area that will ever move back. I'm sure it's not as bad as other places in the country, but compared to the Basin, it's much more Christian and conservative. Pasadena is a whole different story though.

Over-exaggeration with the gays. C'mon. You really think I think Palm Springs is ALL gay It just has a pretty big gay vibe to it, and even a lot of the retirees there are pretty open and liberal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WizardOfRadical View Post
There are a lot of suburbs of Sacramento that are like that too. Probably at least half of them.
True. I just didn't want to mean the whole Sacramento area. Most people I know from Folsom and Roseville and that area are quite liberal, and there seems to be a pretty high population of gays there from my experiences. But I didn't want to say Sacramento and have people think I mean everywhere in the region.

Old 04-20-2016, 10:43 AM

1,965 posts, read 5,883,121 times
Unless you are an "artist" and/or deeply into an "alternative" lifestyle, San Diego is so far ahead of L.A. it is a joke. Everyone I know in L.A. would prefer to live in San Diego- the biggest problem with SD is the lack of high paying jobs- so they are stuck in LA. But they are married with children types. The only positive of LA is the high paying jobs. Otherwise, it is a place to avoid. I live in SD and I visit NYC more often than LA. I lived in LA when I was young and although there were lots and lots of attractive and easily obtainable women (trying to think of a nice way to say easy), the place just always creeped me out a bit- plastic surgery, poor people with fancy cars trying to show off, creepy rich old dudes at clubs. I'm always irritated when I have to drive through the blight that is LA when I'm heading up to somewhere decent like Santa Barbara or the Bay Area. I get why unattached younger people want to live in a place more vibrant than SD- but why LA? DC, NYC, and even SF are preferable. Once you grow up and settle down, LA is a place to avoid like the plague.

Old 04-20-2016, 08:23 PM

4,114 posts, read 9,478,934 times
Los Angeles incinerates San Diego.

/thread

Old 04-20-2016, 08:29 PM

9,809 posts, read 8,286,613 times
I love San Diego, but there is really no competition: LA wins. San Diego is just too limited.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles