U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2008, 07:27 PM

419 posts, read 1,316,776 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by timelesschild View Post
Burbank
I second Burbank.

//www.city-data.com/forum/los-a...l-la-area.html

//www.city-data.com/forum/los-a...ng-l-area.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2008, 11:05 PM

7,844 posts, read 14,709,822 times
Well if we are all gonna go with Burbank, why not throw Glendale in there as well. Although it's a little pricier though I believe. Outside of LBC, SoBay, WLA, and SW SFV, LA is a little more confusing to me. LOL.

Old 12-03-2008, 05:18 AM

26,345 posts, read 84,716,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealAngelion View Post
We Angelenos sure are fussy about boundary lines. Thanks for the clarification about Newbury Park. I didn't know it was a part of TO. However, it does kind of have its own identity, and residents and businesses use Newbury Park and not TO as the city in their address.
The address part is the postal address - varies with zip code. I live in the city of Huntsville but I have to use Owens Crossroads as my mailing address. If I put in my zip of 35763 and "Huntsville" into one of those online ordering forms (like Amazon) it gets rejected. Likewise, if someone put the Newbury Park zip code and Thousand Oaks it would probably also get rejected.

Back to the original post...did we ever figure out where the original poster was working (before we started recommending Burbank and Glendale and other places)?

Old 12-03-2008, 08:16 AM

419 posts, read 1,316,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessemh431 View Post
Well if we are all gonna go with Burbank, why not throw Glendale in there as well. Although it's a little pricier though I believe. Outside of LBC, SoBay, WLA, and SW SFV, LA is a little more confusing to me. LOL.
"Not so much" on Glendale. The school district is arguably better there, but we haven't found it to be as "friendly" a community for families. It has more than twice the population, is spread over a larger area, etc. I'm sure there are differing opinions on this, but Burbank feels like a community -- Glendale feels like a city.

Old 12-03-2008, 08:41 AM

1,714 posts, read 5,542,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
The address part is the postal address - varies with zip code. I live in the city of Huntsville but I have to use Owens Crossroads as my mailing address. If I put in my zip of 35763 and "Huntsville" into one of those online ordering forms (like Amazon) it gets rejected. Likewise, if someone put the Newbury Park zip code and Thousand Oaks it would probably also get rejected.

Back to the original post...did we ever figure out where the original poster was working (before we started recommending Burbank and Glendale and other places)?
Burbank and Glendale aren't answers to the OP - they are answers to a piggyback poster starting at post #18.

Old 05-26-2011, 06:43 AM

6 posts, read 8,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3pups View Post
My husband and I are considering a move to LA...we are looking for a safe, family-oriented suburban area...a commute of up to an hour each way would be ideal (coming from ny and anything beats commuting into nyc in the snow)...thank you for your help...our budget would be b/w 500-599k for a home....

Torrance, rolling hills estates, redondon beach hermosa beach some parts of san pedro and lomita torrance will probabyly be the cheapest and it has no gangs redondo beach has mexican gangs and lomita has 1 mexican gang but the ther cities are all "CLEAN"

Old 05-26-2011, 06:44 AM

6 posts, read 8,863 times
oh yes and manhattan beach too but it is expensicve

Old 07-23-2015, 10:57 PM

1 posts, read 717 times
The thing about L.A. is that you just can't beat the weather. Unfortunately, that information is not a secret, and people flock here for that reason. Because of the population overload that we have here, traffic is miserable and even a simple shopping trip to the grocery store is pure hell - no parking, a million people in the store, standing in long checkout lines...

The good thing about this population explosion is that property values and rent prices are increasing because there is a housing shortage. Because it's getting more expensive to live here, many white people have decided to buy houses in the "crappier" areas of town. Often, the crappy areas are just next door to some very nice areas, so if you can live in a house that's two blocks away from a nice area, and if that house costs you $200k less than a house in the nice area, then why not buy it?

So, gentrification is the general trend these days, which is good because generally speaking, white people don't participate in gang activity and similar b.s.

Because of the gentrification trend, our neighborhoods are becoming nicer across the board. That having been said, there are still some properties that have 15 people living in a 2-bedroom house (with probably 10 of those 15 people being illegal aliens), so we're not out of the water yet by any means, but it is getting better in that respect.

On the other side of the coin are all of the symptoms of the population explosion that I already mentioned: gridlock traffic and so many people that your quality of life just suffers tremendously. If you have a nice house with a pool that allows you to escape the hot weather, and if you have the luxury of staying at home during the "traffic hours" and only leaving the house when less people are out and about, then you're lucky.

But for the vast majority of people, they commute one hour to work and one hour from work each day, in gridlock traffic. They struggle to survive and breathe in a city that's just suffocating them. And if you want to speak about the quality of people here... well, as you probably already know, we have a lot of actor/actress wannabees here, and of course 99.9% of them will never hit it big in Hollywood, but by nature, these people are quite narcissistic and self-absorbed, and you can imagine how it is to be living among a lot of such people.

And the Mexicans here are just making the city a trash dump, refusing to spay/neuter their dogs and cats and letting them run wild in neighborhoods. These animals are producing so many puppies and kittens that the animal shelters are so overwhelmed. My sister used to live in Van Nuys and she would find kittens once a month - a new litter once a month - either in her backyard, in her front yard. Sometimes the kittens were dead, having been attacked by a dog or just not being able to survive hot weather. Mexican culture teaches that animals should not be spayed/neutered and that they belong to "the neighborhood" instead of belonging to individual people; thus, the animal runs free all over the neighborhood, procreating with every member of its species that it can find, until it either gets hit by a car, or gets picked up by the local animal shelter. There's a REASON why 99% of the dogs at the Los Angeles animal shelters are either pit bulls or chihuahuas. Mexicans LOVE pit bulls and Chihuahuas! If the Mexicans don't like our laws and don't want to follow them, then they should go back to Mexico.

Old 07-24-2015, 09:29 AM

2,182 posts, read 1,754,021 times
Coyotes and mountain lions also need food!

Old 07-24-2015, 11:59 AM

257 posts, read 203,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMuller View Post
The thing about L.A. is that you just can't beat the weather. Unfortunately, that information is not a secret, and people flock here for that reason. Because of the population overload that we have here, traffic is miserable and even a simple shopping trip to the grocery store is pure hell - no parking, a million people in the store, standing in long checkout lines...

The good thing about this population explosion is that property values and rent prices are increasing because there is a housing shortage. Because it's getting more expensive to live here, many white people have decided to buy houses in the "crappier" areas of town. Often, the crappy areas are just next door to some very nice areas, so if you can live in a house that's two blocks away from a nice area, and if that house costs you $200k less than a house in the nice area, then why not buy it?

So, gentrification is the general trend these days, which is good because generally speaking, white people don't participate in gang activity and similar b.s.

Because of the gentrification trend, our neighborhoods are becoming nicer across the board. That having been said, there are still some properties that have 15 people living in a 2-bedroom house (with probably 10 of those 15 people being illegal aliens), so we're not out of the water yet by any means, but it is getting better in that respect.

On the other side of the coin are all of the symptoms of the population explosion that I already mentioned: gridlock traffic and so many people that your quality of life just suffers tremendously. If you have a nice house with a pool that allows you to escape the hot weather, and if you have the luxury of staying at home during the "traffic hours" and only leaving the house when less people are out and about, then you're lucky.

But for the vast majority of people, they commute one hour to work and one hour from work each day, in gridlock traffic. They struggle to survive and breathe in a city that's just suffocating them. And if you want to speak about the quality of people here... well, as you probably already know, we have a lot of actor/actress wannabees here, and of course 99.9% of them will never hit it big in Hollywood, but by nature, these people are quite narcissistic and self-absorbed, and you can imagine how it is to be living among a lot of such people.

And the Mexicans here are just making the city a trash dump, refusing to spay/neuter their dogs and cats and letting them run wild in neighborhoods. These animals are producing so many puppies and kittens that the animal shelters are so overwhelmed. My sister used to live in Van Nuys and she would find kittens once a month - a new litter once a month - either in her backyard, in her front yard. Sometimes the kittens were dead, having been attacked by a dog or just not being able to survive hot weather. Mexican culture teaches that animals should not be spayed/neutered and that they belong to "the neighborhood" instead of belonging to individual people; thus, the animal runs free all over the neighborhood, procreating with every member of its species that it can find, until it either gets hit by a car, or gets picked up by the local animal shelter. There's a REASON why 99% of the dogs at the Los Angeles animal shelters are either pit bulls or chihuahuas. Mexicans LOVE pit bulls and Chihuahuas! If the Mexicans don't like our laws and don't want to follow them, then they should go back to Mexico.
Ever hear of the Aryan Brotherhood?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or