Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2014, 10:17 AM

1,224 posts, read 1,824,471 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trancedout View Post
When you factor in overweight women, women with multiple "baby daddy's" - the ratios are close to China.
I'm sure you're prince charming, and just fighting off all of these fat, unattractive women with multiple baby daddies. Poor you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2014, 01:32 PM

10,097 posts, read 10,010,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
I went to events through meetup.com groups. Single people events. I went to about 6 different groups and it was always the same in each group.

70% women, 30% men.

At least half of those women were pretty or at least average and nice looking.

Guys:
Majority horrible looking
Very few were okay looking but taken up quickly
Half of these horrible looking guys were pretending to be rich, but if you dig a bit deeper, you discover the scam
The other half of these horrible looking men were more wealthy but too ugly to even be considered. Because they are rich, they think they don't even have to try to be nice or at least well dressed.

To sum it up, you saw with one look why the guys were hopeless single.

That was my experience of the West LA surburb area like Thousand Oaks, Calabasas, Agoura, Ventura.
it always turned out that most of the women took a quick look around and either left or gathered together and had a girls night, while the men desperately roamed around, trying to flirt (working their way down starting with the pretty girls).

I am pretty sure there have to be dateable guys in LA, but my experience at single meetup groups was really a joke. I met lots of nice women though and we agreed to go out on our own, because there just HAVE to be better single guys SOMEWHERE.
Well, 80% of the women in LA are very attractive, and I'm not just talking about the model types but all types; big, thin and in between. I tend to see them all as generally great looking. The problem they may have is that the men I'm sorry to say are not the most handsome or "manly" in the traditional sense. Some cross the line between insecure geek to just plain douche. Others are just outright socially awkward and creepy. Just where the hell do some of these men get their social skills? These men bring a lot of baggage and preconceived notions about dating and have the most inane social norms I've ever seen.

If they're rich or moderately successful they'll think its cool to be a disheveled mess because they want people to know that they don't need to follow any rules. I'm not talking about the humble rich types that just dress plain and ride in a jeep, but the totally unwashed unkempt look. They think they're so creative that you won't care that they haven't washed their hair in six days. They think you think its cool and eccentric but it just looks narcissistic and unstable.

Next are the utterly sarcastic douchey types where they act like theres a camera in front of them at all times and they have to make as many pop culture laced sardonic quips every minute or you'll lose attention. They're not always witty because they don't have a staff of writers feeding him lines so they just come as trying way to hard.

Next are the hopelessly geeky types that think their era has arrived and women have forgotten all that stuff about liking an Alpha male type but in reality movies where the geek gets the hot girl are just chick flicks for dudes. Sure some hipster or yipster (yuppie hipsters) girls like the geeks but no matter how "geeky" the era has become it will never replace the image of a classically skilled alpha male. I'm not even talking as a conservative here but a liberal who can see right through the whole nerd geek marketing phenomena of the decade.

I mean what do women in LA have to choose from? Its a huge variety for sure but usually the young urban professional dating scene is filled with the types I mentioned. So do you blame women for being picky?

Old 02-20-2014, 01:40 PM

20,764 posts, read 19,968,204 times
Awww, radiolibre, you are SO right!!!

Old 02-20-2014, 01:56 PM

810 posts, read 1,342,214 times
radiolibre is right, you'll hear some of those west side types literally yapping on their gold Iphones about how Kevin Bacon's character in footloose changed their lives or something.

Old 02-20-2014, 02:04 PM

4,213 posts, read 8,306,374 times
80% of women are very attractive? Wow, you're not picky at all. You shouldn't have any problems.

Oh-Eve - majority of men at meetup events are "horrible looking"? I take it you're only looking for the top 5% of men, that's why everyone's "horrible looking." I bet at least 30-40% are decent looking. What is horrible looking anyway?

Old 02-20-2014, 02:38 PM

10,097 posts, read 10,010,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by disgruntled la native View Post
80% of women are very attractive? Wow, you're not picky at all. You shouldn't have any problems.

Oh-Eve - majority of men at meetup events are "horrible looking"? I take it you're only looking for the top 5% of men, that's why everyone's "horrible looking." I bet at least 30-40% are decent looking. What is horrible looking anyway?
If you're standard is Bar Rafaeli then yes you will think all other women fall short. But I don't have those standards. I'm not blind and can see why Margot Robbie would be more desirable than America Ferrera (both skinny and thick) but as long as the girl is stable minded, sweet and takes care of herself (good hygiene, attempts to be fit, and carries herself) then I could care less about the superficial looks differences in the two.

To me a girl like Christina Hendricks is a knock out. So my standards are not industry standards.

Old 02-20-2014, 02:55 PM

4,213 posts, read 8,306,374 times
I think Christina Hendricks is generally considered very attractive. I mean it's good you're into 80% of women, then you should have no problem getting dates or encounters.

I'd say I'm only attracted to 15%-20% or so. Yeah, that's sort of limiting. But I still can get what I want, and a significant portion of the 15%-20% I'm into are also into me.

Old 02-20-2014, 04:29 PM

The best matching guy I met at a meetup was half a head shorter than me, balding, 13 years older and living with 4 roomies.

All my ex were average looking. My standards are not too high.

Seems like it is too much to ask for.

If I walk/drive through LA, I see lots and lots of good looking guys. Are they all taken or gay?

Old 02-20-2014, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by disgruntled la native View Post

radiolibre described the "horrible" guys. It is not just their exterior (which screams for a make over), it is also their sheepish, creepy, unsocial behavior.

Old 02-20-2014, 05:19 PM

1,224 posts, read 1,824,471 times
Being single in this current dating climate seems kind of rough for you youngins'. No one likes each other because they're too fat, too skinny, too awkward, to geeky. You have to be pretty much perfect now days if you ever want to have a chance of not dying alone. Glad I don't have to play that game anymore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles