U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2014, 09:05 PM

4,112 posts, read 4,520,626 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by munchitup View Post
Yeah I am thinking late 2015 / early 2016. Phase I had some issues though isn't there a new transit authority building this line?
A different contractor is building phase 2 and they are moving right along. Phase 1 was 2 years behind schedule 2 years into it. Last I checked a few months ago Phase 2 was right on schedule. The line should be completed in early 2015 and open mid-2015 after testing. Assuming all goes well with testing, which it didn't for the last two lines to open - gold line east la and expo I.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2014, 03:38 PM

496 posts, read 503,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectMersh View Post
I work in downtown LA and the other day two tourists from Japan asked me how to catch the Big Blue bus to downtown Santa Monica. I know that bus picks up SOMEWHERE in dowtown but I honestly was not sure where.

I can't wait until I can simply answer, "Oh yes, you want jump on the Expo line at Fig and 7th. It will take you directly to downtown Santa Monica."
right! (hopefully end of 2015/beginning 2016--projected)

Old 12-13-2014, 09:35 AM

3,916 posts, read 6,645,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erin_elise_ View Post
right! (hopefully end of 2015/beginning 2016--projected)
Hopefully even sooner than that.

Old 12-13-2014, 10:42 AM

1,714 posts, read 3,489,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroGuy View Post
Hopefully even sooner than that.
Both Expo II and Foothill Extension are set to open spring 2016.

Expo II will likely open early-mid 2016. It's on schedule... but Skanska has said it's no longer shooting for an early completion.

Foothill Extension might open early though, since it's already testing the tracks.

Expo II is nowhere near that stage.

Old 12-13-2014, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by genjy View Post
Both Expo II and Foothill Extension are set to open spring 2016.

Expo II will likely open early-mid 2016. It's on schedule... but Skanska has said it's no longer shooting for an early completion.

Foothill Extension might open early though, since it's already testing the tracks.

Expo II is nowhere near that stage.
i wonder what is taking Expo II so long?? its obviously the more popular track that everyone is waiting to be opened....

Old 12-13-2014, 01:18 PM

822 posts, read 1,139,209 times
Quote:
i wonder what is taking Expo II so long?? its obviously the more popular track that everyone is waiting to be opened....
The elephant in the room is most of the white people on the Westside i.e. Beverly Hills don't want the minorities to have quick access and departure from their areas in fear of crime. That's the non-PC answer. The irony is unless everyone resolves society's problems when these very same people try to take the Metro to DT El A, they will worry about their ride when they transverse out of their areas.

Old 12-13-2014, 01:46 PM

1,714 posts, read 3,489,736 times
Quote:
Popularity has nothing to do with it.

Different contractors, different locations, different designs... if the Expo II opens later than Foothill, then it is what it is. No one is telling Skanska and Metro to build slower to anger people.

Skanska did a great job with Foothill's 210 basket bridge, and Kiewit-Parsons is really hustling to finish the Foothill Extension, to their credit.

Old 12-13-2014, 01:59 PM

1,507 posts, read 1,908,723 times
Quote:
There Might Not Be Enough Trains for the New Gold and Expo Line Extensions to Open on Time - Overextension - Curbed LA

I think the priority is to open and operate Expo 2 first. I also think that Gold Foothill line will be done slightly sooner than Expo but you cant operate both if there are not enough train cars for people to get on. I guess you can operate both but instead of every 6-12 minutes it will come every 12-20 minutes. So Expo will open first while the finished Gold line waits for cars but will sweep up piles of dust and dirt and say "under construction"

Old 12-13-2014, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatAngMoh View Post
The elephant in the room is most of the white people on the Westside i.e. Beverly Hills don't want the minorities to have quick access and departure from their areas in fear of crime. That's the non-PC answer. The irony is unless everyone resolves society's problems when these very same people try to take the Metro to DT El A, they will worry about their ride when they transverse out of their areas.
hmmmm i see that. but i did not know there was a "cultural" or "community" push back for the expo line II to santa monica. I heard about it for purple line extension. I already think, based on whats going on that, LA city is in terms of mid city, parts of south central etc will "gentrify" because of the line....preparation for that is happening now...investors are chomping at the bit......

Old 12-13-2014, 03:09 PM

17,443 posts, read 26,112,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatAngMoh View Post
The elephant in the room is most of the white people on the Westside i.e. Beverly Hills don't want the minorities to have quick access and departure from their areas in fear of crime. That's the non-PC answer.
If one's a white supremacist like yourself.

Rail systems have not caused an uptick of crime anywhere they were built, anywhere in the world, except in places that already had high levels of crime.

Freeways, however, are a different story. Yet I don't see rich westsiders calling for demolition of freeways like in SF. When the 10 went down in the Northridge quake they didn't call for it to not be rebuilt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles