Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-01-2014, 05:04 PM

1 posts, read 980 times

Advertisements

Hey everyone! So I'm not from the US, but I've been planning to get an education there for a few years now, and I'll be moving in the fall of 2015. The cities I'm considering are Seattle, San Francisco, Los Angeles, San Diego, Boston and Chicago, possibly Atlanta. Basically the largest metropolitan areas. I'm leaning more toward Los Angeles at the moment.

I'm aware that there are some downsides to living in LA, it's expensive and I'm probably going to have to buy or rent a car. Also, I know that the tuition there is pretty steep.. I can't pay more than 16500 dollars in tuition, so I wanted to know if there are any good universities there for that price? Community college is not an option.

Which of the cities listed do you think would be the safest bet to move to? Are there any big upsides/downsides to them?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2014, 07:41 PM

367 posts, read 673,943 times
i don't think there are any worthwhile private universities in the country that are less than $16500/year. Private and nonresident higher education is absurdly expensive. I'm not sure what you could get in financial aid as a foreigner either. Your only option if you want affordable education is to live here for a year prior to establish residency. You will need citizenship, permanent resident status, or a student visa to do this.
Establishing Legal Residence - Office Of The Registrar

Old 03-02-2014, 11:00 AM

3,190 posts, read 3,190,005 times
You can get some tuition and housing assistance with a student visa so that should be your goal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles