Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2007, 05:10 PM

6 posts, read 34,994 times

Advertisements

I work in Santa Monica and my wife works in Burbank.
What is a good place to live commute-wise and also fun and hip.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2007, 05:17 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,729,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharadov View Post
I work in Santa Monica and my wife works in Burbank.
What is a good place to live commute-wise and also fun and hip.

Thanks!
Bel Air and Exposition Park are both sort of in between.

What is your housing or rental budget?

Old 09-09-2007, 08:46 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,589,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post

The half way point between Santa Monica and Burbank would be Beverly Hills.

Exposition Park is in South Central and would be quite out of the way besides being dangerous.

You might be thinking of Exposition Blvd. in Rancho Park, Cheviot Hills, and Palms? Those areas are sort of half way. Unfortunately Rancho Park has become "South Westwood" and Cheviot Hills has become "South Beverly Hills" cost-wise.
Palms has a few rough spots and is quite aesthetically unappealing (I used to live there) but it is conveniently located, is the cheapest West Side area and has some great cheap Pakistani restaurants.
Also sort of half way: Culver City, Westwood, Beverlywood.

Old 09-09-2007, 11:25 PM

4 posts, read 18,398 times
Burbank is one of my fav cities. The studios and stuff make it a sweet place. I'd live there but it's F'n expensive.

Old 09-11-2007, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post

Thanks! I am looking to rent a 1 bedroom apartment under 2k/month. I checked out a few places around Hollywood,West Holywood and West LA.
How is Los Felize? Its convenient for my wife who works in Burbank,but how would the commute to Santa Monica be.
Also is LA downtown an option,how is the commute from there upto Santa Monica.

Thanks in advance!

Old 09-11-2007, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
The half way point between Santa Monica and Burbank would be Beverly Hills.

Exposition Park is in South Central and would be quite out of the way besides being dangerous.

You might be thinking of Exposition Blvd. in Rancho Park, Cheviot Hills, and Palms? Those areas are sort of half way. Unfortunately Rancho Park has become "South Westwood" and Cheviot Hills has become "South Beverly Hills" cost-wise.
Palms has a few rough spots and is quite aesthetically unappealing (I used to live there) but it is conveniently located, is the cheapest West Side area and has some great cheap Pakistani restaurants.
Also sort of half way: Culver City, Westwood, Beverlywood.
Thanks! I am looking to rent a 1 bedroom apartment under 2k/month. I checked out a few places around Hollywood,West Holywood and West LA.
How is Los Felize? Its convenient for my wife who works in Burbank,but how would the commute to Santa Monica be.
Also is LA downtown an option,how is the commute from there upto Santa Monica.

Thanks in advance!

Old 09-11-2007, 11:05 PM

225 posts, read 1,090,294 times
The morning rush hour westbound on the 10 freeway (from Los Feliz or downtown to Santa Monica) is a lot worse than the other direction. It is no good finding the "halfway point"; what matters is the length of the commute and what your hours are. If you have to be at your desk at 8.30-9am every morning, you should get as close to Santa Monica as possible. If you don't, Los Feliz is great, and Burbank is pretty nice too.

Old 09-12-2007, 12:04 AM

17,440 posts, read 28,589,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharadov View Post
How is Los Felize?!
The nicest area in LA and a fantastic place to live (unless you have kids, as it is in LAUSD).

Very convenient for Burbank, pretty inconvenient for SM.

Old 10-03-2007, 11:44 AM

Thanks ! Is sherman Oaks a good option worth considering? How is the commute from there to Burbank and Santa Monica.

Old 10-03-2007, 12:05 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,945,093 times
I love Sherman Oaks. The S.O. and Studio City are my favorite places in the valley. It would be easy for your wife to get to Burbank and you would have not to difficult of a commute to S.M.

There are tons of restaraunts, shopping, movies, Starbucks at 1.2 mile intervals on Ventura. Just walking down the street you hear people speaking english, farsi, russian, hebrew, tagalog, japanese, thai.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles