Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2008, 01:57 AM

53 posts, read 544,241 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jzt83 View Post
van nuys isn't that bad. It looks a little run down, but it's not like J-Berg South Africa.
well obviously its not as bad as j-berg, but the other night on vanowen an suv pulled up next to me and some friends asked us were we were from and pointed a gun at us because one of my friends was wearing a pittsburgh pirates hat. Not something you want to have to deal with in the area you live.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2008, 05:41 PM

11 posts, read 32,247 times
greggd - YOU TAKE THE CAKE! LOL LOL Please....can you take more pics and send to the City and also local police? Thanks!

Old 11-17-2008, 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by ngonzal1
Just wondering? Is it safe? Seedy? Any input would be appreciated!
Yes, it's safe and it's seedy. Just depends on what part of VN you're talking about.

TELL YOU WHAT. TAKE A LATE NIGHT DRIVE BY. SEE HOW YOU FEEL.

Old 11-17-2008, 07:58 PM

1,720 posts, read 6,727,095 times
Van Nuys isn't too bad, well certain parts. As a whole, I'd say the bad may not outweigh the good, but you got to definetly be certain of where you are at. I've drive by Van Nuys via Vanowen, Sherman Way SOOO many times and never saw anything bad. But that doesn't mean it isn't there and I am not stupid enough to believe that. As far as wearing a Pirates hat...I was just telling someone at work how stupid it is. He said all the Pacoima boys will be wearing Phillies hats because they won the World Series...I said, "nah they stick to their Pirates hat for that gangsta image..."

That doesn't mean your car was targeted because of your friends hat though...but if they were hispanic...most likely.

Old 11-18-2008, 11:07 AM

Someone tell me something good about Panorama city?

Old 11-18-2008, 11:13 AM

HEY EVERYONE! Head's up! Corner of Roscoe and Van Nuys is CHANGING! Check out the beautiful building on that corner! The 6 story building, NOT the $1.00 clothing store across the way. lol

Looks like the City is going to create a lovely "Westwood" area here with new condos coming in and a renovation of the mall.

Finally! Some moula put to good use!!!!

Old 11-18-2008, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHANGEISCOMING View Post
HEY EVERYONE! Head's up! Corner of Roscoe and Van Nuys is CHANGING! Check out the beautiful building on that corner! The 6 story building, NOT the $1.00 clothing store across the way. lol

Looks like the City is going to create a lovely "Westwood" area here with new condos coming in and a renovation of the mall.

Finally! Some moula put to good use!!!!
Are you kidding me Obama? Those people **** in their own backyard. It will just be vandalized and torn apart by people. Westwood?
geeeeeeeeeeeez...get real.

The best thing about Roscoe and Van Nuys....It so concentrated with BS stores that it keeps certain people from roaming into better parts that may be nearby?

Old 11-18-2008, 03:10 PM

Talking Yes we can!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hungry For Cheese View Post
Are you kidding me Obama? Those people **** in their own backyard. It will just be vandalized and torn apart by people. Westwood?
geeeeeeeeeeeez...get real.

The best thing about Roscoe and Van Nuys....It so concentrated with BS stores that it keeps certain people from roaming into better parts that may be nearby?
Times they are a changin' City of Los Angeles is cracking down and investing in Panorama City.

Course, you wouldn't know cause you don't attend city council meetings, but if you did.....anyway....

AT & T is doing booming business at Roscoe/Van Nuys and the area is looking brighter. It takes time.....just like NOHO took time and now Atwater too.

Last edited by CHANGEISCOMING; 11-18-2008 at 04:09 PM..

Old 11-18-2008, 06:55 PM

1,297 posts, read 5,508,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHANGEISCOMING View Post
Times they are a changin' City of Los Angeles is cracking down and investing in Panorama City.

Course, you wouldn't know cause you don't attend city council meetings, but if you did.....anyway....

AT & T is doing booming business at Roscoe/Van Nuys and the area is looking brighter. It takes time.....just like NOHO took time and now Atwater too.

So what your saying is they are trying to gentrify the corner of Roscoe & Van Nuys?. Will those condo units available for under $75,000? so they can keep the same customer base?

I think a good start would be to install a few extra trash cans at those corners and station a "Trash guidance counselor" to ask everyone to deposit gum and trash into the trashcans.

Old 11-19-2008, 10:47 AM

Sorry, I attend college during the nights and work all day. If I had the time I wouldn't attend city council meetings in a city I did not live in most likely.

NO way they are going to offer units under 150k....and if they did, ppl still wouldn't be able to afford them, and the ppl who could would be the ppl who don't even live there or shop at those surrounding stores.

JMO though...we'll see. I went to the Walmart recently a few times...to visit someone...and it looked sooooooo much better. NOT!
That mall is a mess...the mall I went to in Mexico last month looked better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles