U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2008, 12:18 AM

147 posts, read 351,000 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaEscritora View Post
Our budget sucks (1000-1100) but I still would prefer something realitivly safe.
Those prices are too high for a decent neighborhood anywhere, and for those who think it isn't, you need to get out of California for awhile and see what is really out there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2008, 01:24 PM

32 posts, read 87,969 times
Van Nuys is a very nice city to live in. There are areas with immigrants in the city which are very nice.

Old 03-30-2009, 04:54 PM

571 posts, read 1,751,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hungry For Cheese View Post
Sorry, I attend college during the nights and work all day. If I had the time I wouldn't attend city council meetings in a city I did not live in most likely.

NO way they are going to offer units under 150k....and if they did, ppl still wouldn't be able to afford them, and the ppl who could would be the ppl who don't even live there or shop at those surrounding stores.

JMO though...we'll see. I went to the Walmart recently a few times...to visit someone...and it looked sooooooo much better. NOT!
That mall is a mess...the mall I went to in Mexico last month looked better.

LOL I have to comment on this.. the malls in the ghettos here people always call them "little mexico" but all the malls I've been to in Mexico (Juarez, Monterrey, Morelia) were EXTREMELY clean and nice ..

Old 03-30-2009, 09:36 PM

276 posts, read 933,959 times
Much better off in Studio City/Sherman Oaks/ Encino. Better off South of Ventura. Burbank is still basically good/Toluca Lake.

Van Nuys has become a hot bed for gang activity. Not at all what it once was back in the day.

Old 09-09-2009, 01:39 AM

1 posts, read 2,623 times
Default Van Nuys

I have lived in Van Nuys for about 5 years now, yes there are some areas that are dicey, but overall its a very safe place. And yes I live around Kester and Kittiridge (west of Kester) in a very quiet calm and safe Neighborhood. In fact many people in my apartment complex leave their doors unlocked (though you have to go through a locked gate to get inside the complex) and never had a problem. Though I will not tell you the exact address, thereby spoiling this little piece of paradise, I will tell you ITs off a dead end street with mostly medium to small size houses on it (and almost all are well kept) and no couches on the curb either with just a few apartment buildings which may be the reason why it is so safe. And usually After 11PM and YES even on friday and sat. nights the area is quiet and peacefull, except for the occasional loud car stereo. If your planning to move to Van Nuys ignore the naysayers you can find great deals here in great Neighborhoods, if you just look around. Because people like to judge this place it garners a certian unjustified image which just allows better deals for you!

Old 09-26-2009, 06:37 PM

1 posts, read 2,546 times
Default Grrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hungry For Cheese View Post
Yes...Hispanics.....gangs, drugs, crime...Van Nuys BLVD looks trashy and everything is in Spanish...it's like TJ.
Of course there is good and bad...but personally, I see the bad and I don't like it.
so yo think hispanics are bad?!?! i am a proud mexican american .i am a proud mexiCAN!!!! and you bs for u *****hole

Old 09-27-2009, 08:03 PM

7,067 posts, read 7,030,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by garster71 View Post
I have lived in Van Nuys for about 5 years now, yes there are some areas that are dicey, but overall its a very safe place. And yes I live around Kester and Kittiridge (west of Kester) in a very quiet calm and safe Neighborhood. In fact many people in my apartment complex leave their doors unlocked (though you have to go through a locked gate to get inside the complex) and never had a problem. Though I will not tell you the exact address, thereby spoiling this little piece of paradise, I will tell you ITs off a dead end street with mostly medium to small size houses on it (and almost all are well kept) and no couches on the curb either with just a few apartment buildings which may be the reason why it is so safe. And usually After 11PM and YES even on friday and sat. nights the area is quiet and peacefull, except for the occasional loud car stereo. If your planning to move to Van Nuys ignore the naysayers you can find great deals here in great Neighborhoods, if you just look around. Because people like to judge this place it garners a certian unjustified image which just allows better deals for you!
Must be talking about those apartment complexes off of archwood. No couches but saw a couple of cabnits on the google street view.

Old 09-28-2009, 01:09 AM

448 posts, read 1,422,997 times
Those google street views are from 2007. They need to do another update now! What's up with the delay Google?

Old 09-28-2009, 06:13 PM

7,067 posts, read 7,030,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LABornandRaised View Post
Those google street views are from 2007. They need to do another update now! What's up with the delay Google?

I doubt an update would come any time soon. The cost to drive around the whole country again would cost quite a bit of money.

Old 09-28-2009, 06:14 PM

448 posts, read 1,422,997 times
yeah, well, it's google. They can afford it. Look at it this way, it'll contribute to the economy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles