Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2007, 01:10 PM

9 posts, read 37,405 times

Advertisements

I remember the United States as a place where parents raised their children, sent them to school, encouraged them to go to college and taught them to respect their elders. No more. Now adays, the people, for the most part, are rude, self absorbed *******s who think that just because they live here in America, that somehow it's their birthright.

Living in America is no more of a blessing than living in some other country. It could & should be (for us), but frankly, given my choice, I'd choose to live elsewhere even if it cut my life short. Why? Because at least in another country it'd be DO or DIE. Death is not something I'm afraid of, although I'd wish it not to be too painful, but EVEN if it were, let's face it: eventually I'd be dead, in heaven with my Lord and who'd going to ever hurt me again, then? No one. Besides, if I'm going to die painfully, there's no one I'd rather give up my life for than Yeshua- as he did for me.

We should be stepping forward, those of us who call ourselves Christians, stepping forward to claim what is rightfully ours- the honor & privalege of loving our neighbor as ourselves. When people tell our government that they need to get rid of words that have been engrained into this country because it "offends" them, we should at the very least stand and fight for what's right. On the other hand, taking into consideration what we know, maybe it's better to just step back, let the country fall (because a people without a ruler will fall & without God at the helm, LOOK OUT) and just reach out to whoever reaches for us on the way to crashing to the earth.

Being a Christian isn't the easiest thing in the world, but given the alternative along with my understanding of things, I'll take my chances with the Lord.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2007, 01:32 PM

236 posts, read 1,141,088 times
Why is this posted on the Los Angeles forum?

Besides, my kids sure don't fit your description of kids today. My kids are smart, respectful, self-motivated, faithful kids. I hope you find happiness soon, because you seem very unhappy. Good luck!

Old 12-05-2007, 07:40 PM

705 posts, read 3,297,061 times
I can see where you are comming from since I grew up in a christian home. America is one of the best countries to live in, but the mentality that "everybody has equal rights and say" has really brought this country apart. I say this because like you mentioned nowadays people can't mention Jesus in the classroom because it may offend somebody. People who come from other countries with different beliefs and ideas should be free to practice them but they should respect the principles that this country was founded upon. Since you are Christian, I know you believe that this world will someday come to an end by a rapture. <<That, you cannot change. Everything that is happening in the world has a purpose which neither you or I can fully understand but only God.

Old 12-05-2007, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by edelweiss View Post
Why is this posted on the Los Angeles forum?

Old 12-05-2007, 07:54 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,729,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SurekRZA View Post
Everything that is happening in the world has a purpose which neither you or I can fully understand but only God.
I wish god would explain why he lets people throw gasoline on little innocent kids in Iraq. Wait, I forgot, god works in mysterious ways.

Old 12-05-2007, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
I wish god would explain why he lets people throw gasoline on little innocent kids in Iraq. Wait, I forgot, god works in mysterious ways.
If you recall, in the begenning man was without sin and this world had no disease or defects. It was man who ruined it all and from then God has let man kind do whatever it wishes to do. Remember, God didnt even intervene with the death of his own son.

Old 12-05-2007, 08:25 PM

Quote:
If you recall, in the begenning man was without sin and this world had no disease or defects. It was man who ruined it all and from then God has let man kind do whatever it wishes to do. Remember, God didnt even intervene with the death of his own son.
If you recall, on the seventh day Man created god.

If god is all powerful and permits unnecessary pain and suffering, then he isn't too cool.

Old 12-05-2007, 08:36 PM

I dont know if you believe in God or not but from my understanding you don't.
If God does not exist then what is pain and suffering?
Is pain and suffering made up of matter?
why do we feel pain, happiness, sadness, or any other type of emotion if something without life created man?
Again, God permits man to do whatever it wants and has given us the choice to believe in Him or not. Do you think God depends on man kind for his future and well being? He is God and doesnt need anyone, but His love has kept Him from destroying this entire planet whole since the day man decided to commit sin.

Old 12-05-2007, 08:44 PM

236 posts, read 1,141,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
If you recall, on the seventh day Man created god.

If god is all powerful and permits unnecessary pain and suffering, then he isn't too cool.
On the contrary, God is AWESOME!!! He works through each of us. People suffer for reasons you and I don't understand, but their suffering is eased by those around them. It is God who works through each of us to help ease this suffering. He has given us free will, the chance to choose right and wrong. Many people choose wrong, but many more, I believe, choose right. Of course, God could FORCE us to do good, but then where is our freedom?? God cannot force us to love, otherwise it ceases to be love. Love can only exist when it is freely given, and thus God to force people to love. We have to choose to love our neighbor.

Perhaps in the "Book of Charles" it says that man created God, but thank goodness this is not the Book that over 2 billion Christians worldwide are trying to live by.

Old 12-06-2007, 07:57 AM

My comments in orange.

Quote:
If God does not exist then what is pain and suffering?

This question makes no sense.

Is pain and suffering made up of matter?

Irrelevant.

why do we feel pain, happiness, sadness, or any other type of emotion if something without life created man?

Irrelevant.

Again, God permits man to do whatever it wants and has given us the choice to believe in Him or not.

Probably an invalid statement.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles