Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2014, 10:54 AM

2 posts, read 1,989 times

Advertisements

I got a new job offer at Carson, CA. I am looking for a good place to live as a family with 2 young kids ( 4&2 yo) .
I am looking for a good/safe neighborhood with good public school. I would like to keep my commute within an hour if possible. My job hours are flexible, and it would not be hitting peak traffic hours.
I would probably find a rental for the first 1-2 years before I settle down to permanent home.

Couple places I looked into: Torrance, Rolling hills, Redondo beach, Hermosa beach, and Manhatten Beach.

Is there any other place i should consider?

Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2014, 05:44 PM

4,453 posts, read 6,796,334 times
Culver City near the 405, Santa Monica, I heard a 3 bedroom in Santa Monica is $3100, but in Redondo beach you might get it for $2500 for a larger place. Also rancho Palos Verdes, Lomita.

Old 04-27-2014, 05:47 PM

23,514 posts, read 23,986,796 times
Also look at El Segundo, which is just north of Manhattan Beach (which is a solid choice).

Old 05-08-2014, 02:30 AM

8,256 posts, read 17,336,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccm123 View Post
Also look at El Segundo, which is just north of Manhattan Beach (which is a solid choice).
Personally not a fan of ES, but for some it's nice.

Every part of the Palos Verdes peninsula has amazing schools and is very good for families. Just don't venture into San Pedro. Torrance has amazing schools also. Manhattan Beach is the best of all worlds though. It's fun, vibrant, walkable, family friendly, safe, and has amazing schools. Torrance and the PV communities can be quite boring unless you're near the southern end of Catalina Ave in Redondo with the border of Torrance.

I'm not sure what the schools in Long Beach area like, but the coastal areas of Belmont Shore and Naples are very nice areas. If you won't be commuting during rush hours, Santa Monica and Pacific Palisades have great schools as well. Mileage, they are quite far, but without traffic are about 30 minutes away still. Same goes for Seal Beach and Huntington Beach, but once again I don't know how the schools are there. It depends on your budget honestly.

Old 05-15-2014, 09:29 PM

2 posts, read 1,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessemh431 View Post
Personally not a fan of ES, but for some it's nice.

Every part of the Palos Verdes peninsula has amazing schools and is very good for families. Just don't venture into San Pedro. Torrance has amazing schools also. Manhattan Beach is the best of all worlds though. It's fun, vibrant, walkable, family friendly, safe, and has amazing schools. Torrance and the PV communities can be quite boring unless you're near the southern end of Catalina Ave in Redondo with the border of Torrance.

I'm not sure what the schools in Long Beach area like, but the coastal areas of Belmont Shore and Naples are very nice areas. If you won't be commuting during rush hours, Santa Monica and Pacific Palisades have great schools as well. Mileage, they are quite far, but without traffic are about 30 minutes away still. Same goes for Seal Beach and Huntington Beach, but once again I don't know how the schools are there. It depends on your budget honestly.

Thanks for the info. Greatly appreciated it !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles