Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2014, 11:06 AM

546 posts, read 817,713 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodpete View Post
You all know that Sterling is a Democrat don't you ?
Who cares? Call a spade a spade. The guy is an old school SOB from a different time. His party affiliation reflects his longtime residence in LA and his need for political favors. A marriage of convenience.

If he lived in Texas he'd probably be a Republican. The ony principle Mr. Sterling has is a love of green.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2014, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonesScott View Post
As a person of color, I'm almost glad he made these statements. He has a Black and Mexican girlfriend which proves that White people, even when they "allow" people of color into their inner-circle are still just as racist as any other White person.

It seems as though a lot of White people's knee jerk reaction to being called a racist and "proving" they aren't is saying things like, "I have Black friends", "I've dated Black people", "I love Black people, I have Black people in my family" ... etc. Which I've always thought was a ridiculous argument, it's like saying I can't be sexist, I have a girlfriend! It's an absolutely meaningless argument.
As others have alluded to, Thomas Jefferson (a slave owner) had a "relationship" with his slave (Sally Hemings). Sure plenty of white bigots will use the defense, "I have black friends" to deflect criticism of their bigoted views. But that does not mean all whites are this way or behave like that. Though I am pretty sure there are more whites that harbor Sterling's view in his age bracket than in the younger age brackets....thankfully.

Old 04-28-2014, 11:15 AM

2,220 posts, read 2,800,406 times
Gee, maybe Mr. Sterling doesn't like being cuckolded?

Mr. Sterling may be the greatest douchebag alive today, but it is somewhat amusing to see that somehow saying something somewhat "racist" now trumps felony wiretapping laws. Didn't we once impeach a president over wiretapping? Of course, he was an evil white guy, but...

It is also amusing to see liberal douchebags like Mr. Sterling dole out millions to the NAACP and other black liberal politicos. How did that work out for him?

What about all this kerfluffle makes me think that this was a shakedown by a jilted ex at her former sugar daddy? This girlfriend who was sued in court by Sterling's wife to return the Lamborghini and Ferrari and pricey apartment given to her by Sterling.

Sterling is an old fool, to think that his girlfriend would NOT be cheating on him massively with various Alpha males, never mind the blackness of Athletes like former Rihanna boyfriend Matt Kemp and Magic Johnson.

At any rate this seems a way to generate some quick TMZ guttersnipe cash ... her lawyer coaching her to bait Sterling into saying "Black" when frankly, he's really concerned more about the Athlete/Alpha part. I really doubt Mr. Sterling would be happy with his trophy hootchie cheating on him with a strapping *white* athlete either.

All that said, It's impossible to feel sorry for the old fool, being a stupid old man thinking some young "Adventuress" would actually be interested in him for anything other than his money.

I don't know who is worse--Mr. Sterling, or his former trollop.

Old 04-28-2014, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by afdinatl View Post
This doesn't surprise me one bit. People act like only people in certain parts of the country are only racist. Racist people are everywhere. They just keep in covert in most regions.

The sad part was the chick knew he was married and she put his business out in the public. Take this as a lesson men. Don't trust these chicks. Only take crazy around your male friends. Don't talk about other people around women because they will hold it against you if she gets mad at u
Sterling's views/comments are repugnant and disgusting. I wish the SOB all the hell that is his due....

But his so called "girlfriend" does come across as a shameless gold digger. I mean she is beautiful and there are literally TONS of younger (non-racist) guys in LA who would gladly date this gal and respect her background 100%.

What is she doing with this old, saggy SOB? It's all about the money....she is basically a high-end call girl in my view. I mean the guy has a documented track record of discrimination in renting his apartments to blacks/latinos. The gal is half black/half latina. Yet, she goes ahead and dates him anyway? There are reports that Sterling gave her over $2 million in gifts and Sterling's ex-wife is suing over the extent/amount of these gifts.

Really, they kind of both deserve each other....

Old 04-28-2014, 11:25 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,451,703 times
I also think we sometimes forget that there is freedom of speech, no matter how stupid There is nothing illegal about what he did. I just hope a bunch of tax money isn't wasted on "investigating" these "allegations"..

Also I'm pretty sure he was aware that she liked him pretty much only because he was a billionaire, but I doubt he cares.

Old 04-28-2014, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectMersh View Post
Sterling's views/comments are repugnant and disgusting. I wish the SOB all the hell that is his due....

But his so called "girlfriend" does come across as a shameless gold digger. I mean she is beautiful and there are literally TONS of younger (non-racist) guys in LA who would gladly date this gal and respect her background 100%.

What is she doing with this old, saggy SOB? It's all about the money....she is basically a high-end call girl in my view. I mean the guy has a documented track record of discrimination in renting his apartments to blacks/latinos. The gal is half black/half latina. Yet, she goes ahead and dates him anyway? There are reports that Sterling gave her over $2 million in gifts and Sterling's ex-wife is suing over the extent/amount of these gifts.

Really, they kind of both deserve each other....
$2million is not much for a guy like him. He is a billionaire and owns thousands of apartment units mostly in L.A..and we all know how expensive L.A rents and property prices are.

Also it's his money, so he should have the freedom to spend it.

It looks like he started out as an attorney , had his own practice and then got into real estate investing.

He doesn't seem like someone that inherited his money.

Old 04-28-2014, 11:42 AM

1,584 posts, read 2,083,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jw2 View Post
I agree with you I think he will have to sell and if anybody is going to buy them, no one better than Magic and company, in my opinion. I think Magic is a tremendous asset to LA
The only issue with "making him sell" is that he technically didn't do anything illegal, so if they force him to give up the team, I'd see a huge lawsuit coming. I could always be wrong though.

Old 04-28-2014, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
I also think we sometimes forget that there is freedom of speech, no matter how stupid There is nothing illegal about what he did. I just hope a bunch of tax money isn't wasted on "investigating" these "allegations"..

Also I'm pretty sure he was aware that she liked him pretty much only because he was a billionaire, but I doubt he cares.
While this is mostly a private sector matter...the NBA in conjunction with the player's association will have to decide what the appropriate punishment for Sterling is.

Of course, he is free to say any racist garbage he wants. I don't see anyone questioning his freedom to be as big of a fool as he desires. But his documented discrimination in housing is clearly a public matter. If he harbors these views...one can only wonder what else he has done in his business affairs that have a bigoted/racist tint...

Old 04-28-2014, 11:47 AM

Most likely he'll receive some kind of fine perhaps. He'll apologize . He'll try to align himself with the black community or show he has done good for them. Maybe meet with Magic Johnson personally and apologize. Give money to Magic's charities.

Of course the media will cover all of these events ad nauseam .

Old 04-28-2014, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
$2million is not much for a guy like him. He is a billionaire and owns thousands of apartment units mostly in L.A..and we all know how expensive L.A rents and property prices are.

Also it's his money, so he should have the freedom to spend it.

It looks like he started out as an attorney , had his own practice and then got into real estate investing.

He doesn't seem like someone that inherited his money.
I never questioned his freedom to dole out $2 million to his call girl or I mean girlfriend. I merely was pointing out that she was in it for the money and is only now crying racism. She had to have known all along she was dating an old bigot. I am basically saying they deserve each other. He's a rich old bigot and she is a young, attractive gold digger. Perfect company.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles