Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2014, 11:01 PM

1,365 posts, read 2,246,839 times

Advertisements

ive been to a few places around here and 2 stand out:

Frida Mexican Cuisine in Beverly Hills (this is like my go-to place for Mexican)

and if I get tired of that one, I go to El Coyote Mexican Cafe. Great beef burrito and its cheap as hell.

i'd like to kno where YOU go to get your mexican food...plz share
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2014, 12:00 AM

367 posts, read 672,903 times
Sorry dude, but Frida is average chi chi gabacho Mexican and El Coyote's canned slop barely passes as food nowadays. And you're gonna be in for a shock if you think that's cheap for Mexican food. Decent margarita though. I've spent quite a few nights on that patio.

You gotta go to places where Mexicans actually live and you'll find much better food. Heres some places off the dome. If you want fish, check out Mariscos el Jato in Boyle Heights. Get the shrimp tacos and ceviche. If you want tacos burritos or tortas, check out El Tauro (Ktown), Leo's (Mid city) (the pastor is out of this world), Tacos El Gavilan (Downtown), El Taurino (Pico Union) (skip the burrito here) among hundreds of others, tbh... And for a bomb chicken quesadilla thats as big as your head, El Tepeyac (Boyle Heights).

Old 05-08-2014, 12:17 AM

1,365 posts, read 2,246,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hjt123 View Post
Sorry dude, but Frida is average chi chi gabacho Mexican and El Coyote's canned slop barely passes as food nowadays. And you're gonna be in for a shock if you think that's cheap for Mexican food. Decent margarita though. I've spent quite a few nights on that patio.

You gotta go to places where Mexicans actually live and you'll find much better food. Heres some places off the dome. If you want fish, check out Mariscos el Jato in Boyle Heights. Get the shrimp tacos and ceviche. If you want tacos burritos or tortas, check out El Tauro (Ktown), Leo's (Mid city) (the pastor is out of this world), Tacos El Gavilan (Downtown), El Taurino (Pico Union) (skip the burrito here) among hundreds of others, tbh... And for a bomb chicken quesadilla thats as big as your head, El Tepeyac (Boyle Heights).
man, i'll take ur word for it.

i better not have diarrhea after eating at these places or I WILL FIND YOU

Old 05-08-2014, 12:31 AM

13,583 posts, read 15,657,392 times
El Torrito. Get the Burrito Especial.

Old 05-08-2014, 12:33 AM

367 posts, read 672,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungTraveler2011 View Post

Rest assured lol, only place I've ever gotten food poisoning from in LA was the Apple Pan

Old 05-08-2014, 12:37 AM

4,213 posts, read 8,305,577 times
Never been a fan of "authentic" Mexican food in places like Mid-City or East LA. I think their ingredients aren't good quality and they often cause digestive difficulties. Plus lots of strange items like pork rind, birria, caldo de res and various shrimp dishes..

But of the authentic places, well, authentic enough, I like Cactus on Vine

The best Mexican food is at Chipotle. You get the basics.. burritos and tacos, and nachos, quesadillas if you ask specially.. they have carnitas, carne asada, chicken, and barbacoa. Everything is fresh, good quality, delicious and affordable.

Old 05-08-2014, 12:40 AM

112 posts, read 136,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by disgruntled la native View Post
Never been a fan of "authentic" Mexican food in places like Mid-City or East LA. I think their ingredients aren't good quality and they often cause digestive difficulties. Plus lots of strange items like pork rind, birria, caldo de res and various shrimp dishes..

But of the authentic places, well, authentic enough, I like Cactus on Vine

The best Mexican food is at Chipotle. You get the basics.. burritos and tacos, and nachos, quesadillas if you ask specially.. they have carnitas, carne asada, chicken, and barbacoa. Everything is fresh, good quality, delicious and affordable.

Old 05-08-2014, 12:55 AM

9,828 posts, read 9,414,249 times
El Huarache Azteca (Highland Park), El Atacor (Cypress Park), El Compadre (Echo Park), La Valentina (Adams-Normandie) and La Serenita (Boyle Heights) are my personal favorites. Tried La Casita Mexicana in Bell a few weeks ago and it was quite good too.

Old 05-08-2014, 08:10 AM

4,088 posts, read 4,387,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungTraveler2011 View Post

It's kind of like chicken pox. You only get the runs the first time. Then you're immunized.

Old 05-08-2014, 09:34 AM

1,487 posts, read 1,787,341 times
I like Fridas in Bev Hills for a sit down nice spot.

best tasting is El Poquito Mas

This is assuming you like ur mexican food maybe a little less greasy and more healthy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles