U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-13-2007, 09:21 PM

17,444 posts, read 24,737,354 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessemh431 View Post
Tito's Tacos is my favorite Mexican food. That's in Culver City though, near Washington Place and Sepulveda Blvd. In El Segundo, try El Tarasco on Main Street near Grand Ave. There is another El Tarasco in Manhattan Beach on Highland and Rosecrans. Manhattan Beach is more fun to walk around though. Oh yea, also at Highland and Rosecrans is Panchos.
I live a few blocks from Titos and havent been there in years. I went there all the time as a kid growing up in Mar Vista and West LA though, but I haven't been there since the "cat meat" scare of the late 80s.

The best Mexican restaurant not only in Culver City but on the whole west side is Mi Ranchito on Washington and Centinela.

An old time mainstay on the west side: La Cabana in Venice, which has been around for 45 years or so, open late. The Beach Boys used to stop in there after their recording sessions back in the 60s.
Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2007, 09:26 PM

7,914 posts, read 14,745,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
I live a few blocks from Titos and havent been there in years. I went there all the time as a kid growing up in Mar Vista and West LA though, but I haven't been there since the "cat meat" scare of the late 80s.

The best Mexican restaurant not only in Culver City but on the whole west side is Mi Ranchito on Washington and Centinela.

An old time mainstay on the west side: La Cabana in Venice, which has been around for 45 years or so, open late. The Beach Boys used to stop in there after their recording sessions back in the 60s.
You mean they put cat meat in their tacos and burritos?

Where is La Cabana?

Old 12-13-2007, 09:31 PM

17,444 posts, read 24,737,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessemh431 View Post
You mean they put cat meat in their tacos and burritos?
That was a rumor going around in the late 80s, although it was never proven. Most likely it was an urban legend, albeit one that probably never made it out of Culver City, Mar Vista, West LA, and Palms.

Nobody's accused them of doing that lately, btw, which makes me doubt the credibility of the original story. Still, somehow, I've never gone back, but people I know have eaten there recently and said it was OK.

Quote:
Where is La Cabana?
Rose Ave. just west of Lincoln

Old 12-14-2007, 10:55 AM

18 posts, read 45,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
HP/SG is not too bad. i was at a backyard wedding recently in HP and it was very peaceful. it was a cuban and and a white guy from the midwest. his family came out in their camper!!! it was fine. if you got to a cholo wedding chances are that the crowd will start stuff, but if the parties getting married are respectful then there should not be a problem. and cholos really dont crash weddings. they are lookin for house parties. if it is at a hall/ball room then the chances of trouble are even less. HP is safe and you will be fine even at night. this year there have been about 5 or 6 homicides in HP but they have all been lil thugs that prolly deserved it. no innocent bystaders. you will be fine in HP and southgate is nicer. one caveat, if it is HP or SG that borders watts or florencia then there might be trouble, but dont worry, latinos love white people. you will be a hit at the party. have fun and make sure to flail your arms as you dance.
Thanks for the info, we're just gonna be in HP for the wedding on a Sunday. So I guess I can leave my "9" at home.

Wifey just agreed to drive back to the east coast from LA so that should be a fun experience. Gonna hit up Vegas and the Grand Canyon on the way back. Can't wait.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or