Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2015, 05:29 PM

19 posts, read 35,251 times

Advertisements

Traffic in LA is always worse than other cities.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2015, 06:01 PM
PDF

11,395 posts, read 13,409,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by webmasterspride View Post
Traffic in LA is always worse than other cities.
Some other cities have pretty bad traffic. DC is one. But given that LA is the 2nd biggest city in America, yeah traffic is going to be among the worst in the nation.

Old 06-21-2015, 06:05 PM

4,918 posts, read 6,464,617 times
My advice after living in Boston another city with bad traffic, live by your work or very close to it within 15 mins it will make your life a lot happier

Old 06-21-2015, 06:09 PM
PDF

11,395 posts, read 13,409,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UKWildcat1981 View Post
My advice after living in Boston another city with bad traffic, live by your work or very close to it within 15 mins it will make your life a lot happier
I was able to walk to work when I lived in LA. But I also know I got extremely lucky with that situation. But yeah, living close to work is ideal. Even in LA it can take 15 minutes to go a couple miles.

Old 06-22-2015, 09:00 AM

329 posts, read 627,624 times
Live close to work or have a job with flexible schedule so you can avoid rush hour.

Old 06-22-2015, 10:44 AM

8,256 posts, read 17,336,173 times
I just started taking a commuter express bus. Takes a little longer. Maybe 10 minutes. But wow! Not having the stress of driving gives me way more energy and it makes traffic feel much better.

Old 06-23-2015, 04:28 AM

9,725 posts, read 15,165,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Vitamin View Post
I'm from the Tri-State area and I have never seen this level of stupidity there as I've seen here. The most strange thing about driving in LA, you rarely hear anyone to use their horn. But when I do, I see flinty-eyed stares... It is like being treated as an insult. I'm not from here and will not hesitate to to teach the proper use of a horn.
You better check your DMV manual about that horn. It was one of the questions on my driving test. Basically, you are only supposed to use your horn in emergencies. Read more here: Honking your horn - Traffic Infractions - FindLaw Answers

You can thank me for preventing you from getting an expensive ticket.

Old 06-23-2015, 05:04 PM

72 posts, read 40,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
You better check your DMV manual about that horn. It was one of the questions on my driving test. Basically, you are only supposed to use your horn in emergencies. Read more here: Honking your horn - Traffic Infractions - FindLaw Answers

You can thank me for preventing you from getting an expensive ticket.
Emergency only! Haha.. ho.. he.. ha!

I use it as intended.. for WARNING other drivers/pedestrians. Depending on the situation, for example...

• Alerting a smartphone gazing peds before they step into the crosswalk at the apex of my turn.
  • A driver attempting to do a left on yellow in front of me while approaching.
  • Picking someone up.
Yada.. yada..

It's just plain common sense to it's proper use. I know there are the gross violators, but come on now! I know this law exist in other states as well. But I will not be deterred.

No wonder drivers behave as stupid as they do now in LA! They have no one to communicate them of their mistakes and bad habits. Non the less, I never got a ticket the 15yrs I've been in living the Twilight Zone.

With the use of smartphones and other electronic devices/accessories in vehicle cockpits today, I seem to have to use my horn more now to get the driver's attention. I am not going to sit behind a driver when the light turns green and wait patiently while they take a sefie or update their Facebook page! These people are the worse. If I had the space for a compressor and tank, I get a fog horn and launch them into orbit...

So if you are the unlucky chap in front of me doing the stupid, I will with due care give you a short, sweet toot to wake you the @#$% up!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles