Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-14-2014, 09:01 AM

2 posts, read 1,518 times

Advertisements

So my wife and I are making a huge move from NYC to Long Beach so she can further her career. As this will be a "short term" move, I was wondering what you guys suggest I look for as far as employement.

I have an Audio/Visual background in both hotel and corporate, and a passion for sports/fantasy sports/blogging/social media

Should I take the year to find a fun job, potentially in the sports world? Should I look for another A/V position?

What companies do you suggest I look into that might not publish their job openings on the Monter.coms of the world

Also, I have done my research on the forums and realize I shoudl stay below 7th street and to the south east...is that correct?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2014, 09:10 AM

1,940 posts, read 3,564,559 times
If you want the urban downtown core without too much crime, look below 2nd st. in the downtown area. If EAST of Alamitos, 4th and south is good. East of Cherry, 7th and south is ok but farther south gets better. East of Redondo, pretty much all is ok. I live near Redondo and PCH, there are lots of cool condos for rent and using a site like hotpads or radpads is free and helps find those private owners whose condos are usually priced cheaper than using a big company owned condo or apartment complex.

This is an outdoorsy town (Long Beach). There are lots of sports and you should find abundant opportunities. There is also cal state long beach that might have some options for AV careers. Since it's your first time in California, live near the beach. Fall in love with the weather and activities.

Old 05-14-2014, 09:12 AM

2 posts, read 1,518 times
great advice my friend thank you very much!

i know this question is asked a ton but what is the ACTUAL commute time from LB to LA (and surrounding cities)

Old 05-14-2014, 02:24 PM

4,538 posts, read 10,629,904 times
so Cal is a seamless metropolis. There are several cities adjacent and unless you pay attention to the small signs you are in a new city, you likely will be unaware that you are in a different city.

LA...it depends where...City of Los Angeles is more than 50 miles from one end to the other.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles