U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2007, 10:34 AM

830 posts, read 2,620,096 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
Here's another tip for going to mega huge events with parking challenges: If possible, park one or two miles away and ride a bike right up to the gate. Works for the beach, huge sporting events, campus parking, etc. Worked for me many times. Parking gets really expensive and is often a real hassle arriving and departing. Park a little ways away and ride a bike in. You'll be laughing at everyone stuck in traffic waiting to park. When the event is over, hop on your bike. You'll be back on the freeway before a lot of folks are out of the parking lot.

That's a good idea. Or take a shuttle. I overhead a guy the other day saying he paid $50 to park at a USC game, or maybe he said UCLA. I am not sure what Rose Bowl parking is like, but you should check into it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2007, 10:54 AM

13 posts, read 74,650 times
I'll only be going into Pasadena for one of four days, so a long commute there and back wouldn't be the end of the world (granted the gold runs late, and it seems to). Or, hell, I'm not opposed to driving to Pasadena, parking a few miles away and walking...like Charles mentioned.

Just found a few other cheap ones outside of downtown (near Echo Park, I think). That's another option, I suppose.

Thank you for all your help/suggestions.

Old 12-12-2007, 01:18 PM

1255 W Temple St...Is this a safe address? Obviously, I know nothing about LA.

Could drive from here or walk to the Civic Center metro about a mile away.

Old 12-12-2007, 01:19 PM

1,287 posts, read 4,706,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkroom1 View Post
1255 W Temple St...Is this a safe address? Obviously, I know nothing about LA.

Could drive from here or walk to the Civic Center metro about a mile away.
Which hotel is it?

Old 12-12-2007, 02:52 PM

Knights Inn Los Angeles. It seems like a shack, but I can live...

Old 12-14-2007, 12:02 AM

33 posts, read 111,428 times
No don't go someplace in Echo Park that you don't know... I'm thinking off the top of my head there's a Holiday Inn in Burbank, by the airport. Burbank is close by. It's better to drive thru downtown than to be caught up in it. You could walk from Eagle Rock (Colorado Ave.) there's a few small motels there.

Old 01-19-2008, 11:52 PM

Thanks to everyone for the help! We stayed in Westwood and had a great time. The buses were also surprisingly quick and easy for where we wanted to go for the four days.

Old 01-20-2008, 08:54 AM

1,287 posts, read 4,706,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkroom1 View Post
Thanks to everyone for the help! We stayed in Westwood and had a great time. The buses were also surprisingly quick and easy for where we wanted to go for the four days.

I don't know how much of a surprise or how unusual this is. Most who regularly post here and bash the LA public transportation system don't use it. So your experience is as real and authentic as anyone elses and might be more indicative of what is normal.

Glad to hear you had a nice visit to LA. Too bad your team lost though.

Old 12-29-2016, 03:49 PM

2,748 posts, read 2,812,764 times
Going to the Rose Bowl game between USC and Penn State? Here's what you need to know - LA Times

LA Times guide if you are going to the Rose Bowl
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles