U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2009, 08:24 AM

1,319 posts, read 3,782,184 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Mysterious View Post
Sure there are white gangs, the KKK, Hells Angels, meta militia they seem pretty lay low for a while, maybe they are hiring other gangs to do some clean work
I'd say Hells Angels are more of an organized crime outfit, and they are not exclusively white.
The KKK is a gang of sorts, and I wish death upon all of them, but they generally lay low and dont cause 1% of the problems that street gangs cause.
The KKK, unlike the LA street gangs, dont crap where they live.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2009, 03:40 PM

1,191 posts, read 1,326,244 times
Drugs play a big role in L.A's gang situation. The Latino gangs now control the narcotics trade on the streets of L.A. Also, the number of African Americans in L.A. is falling while the number of Latinos continues to grow. Many traditional black sections of L.A. have transformed into largely Latino neighborhoods. With these demographic changes the influence of black gangs has pretty much disappeared. (Note: I do not say this to imply that all blacks or all Latinos are or will be gang members. It just stands to reason that an ethnic street gang rarely controls a community where their ethnic group is not the majority.)

While Crips and Bloods are big in many Midwestern and Southern cities they have become an afterthought in L.A. Also, black gangs in L.A. no longer have the organized leadership they once had in the '70s, '80s and early 90s. However, the Latino gangs are well organized with national and transnational representation. For example, MS 13 is based out of El Salvador but very active in California and many other states.

Violent crime is violent crime. It cannot be excused in any way. In order to stop it and avoid being a victim it does help to have an understanding of what is actually going on.

Old 01-27-2009, 04:02 PM

120 posts, read 312,703 times
I just read the article and am greatly confused by the isn't marshall law declared in watts and compton, then the national guard can do a sweep, pick up all the gangbangers clear out the guns and bulldoze the projects, they could then rebuild single story homes and do up the neighbourhoods.

I know this works, as it did on my estate (projects) growing up in battersea. They fixed up the area, brought in vocational colleges, sealed up all the tunnels and restored all the buildings, crime virtually was cut in half, there used to be whole families being killed rapes on a daily basis, drugs you name it.

It just seems like no one really cares enough to fix the issue. if it was a white area with black and latino gangs, it would not continue.

Just because there is now a black president in this country, doesn't mean anything is going to change.

Its inconcievable that a place like watts could even exist in a western country, let alone anywhere else. What else do these kids have to live for but the eventual glorious death through a gun battle with oftentimes their own cousins, who just happen to live on anther block and who happen to have join another gang.

Old 01-27-2009, 06:16 PM

1,191 posts, read 1,326,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by firetraq View Post
I just read the article and am greatly confused by the isn't marshall law declared in watts and compton, then the national guard can do a sweep, pick up all the gangbangers clear out the guns and bulldoze the projects, they could then rebuild single story homes and do up the neighbourhoods.

I know this works, as it did on my estate (projects) growing up in battersea. They fixed up the area, brought in vocational colleges, sealed up all the tunnels and restored all the buildings, crime virtually was cut in half, there used to be whole families being killed rapes on a daily basis, drugs you name it.

It just seems like no one really cares enough to fix the issue. if it was a white area with black and latino gangs, it would not continue.

Just because there is now a black president in this country, doesn't mean anything is going to change.

Its inconcievable that a place like watts could even exist in a western country, let alone anywhere else. What else do these kids have to live for but the eventual glorious death through a gun battle with oftentimes their own cousins, who just happen to live on anther block and who happen to have join another gang.
I used to tutor kids at a middle school in Watts. I would take the Blue Line and get off at 103rd Street and walk through the neighborhood. There are parts of the area that are dominated by small bungalow houses. Most of the single family homes had older people living in them that kept them up. They took pride in their homes and neighborhood. Then there were the projects. That was a whole different situation. Many of the kids I tutored lived in the Haciendas, or Nickerson Gardens. They were great kids. In all, it was a powerful experience for me. I gained so many insights about real life and how it is not as black and white as we love to think it is.

There are many reasons why a place like Watts can exist in the USA. And it is more complicated than any talking heads on either side of our political spectrum will ever admit.

Old 01-27-2009, 11:06 PM

17,444 posts, read 24,708,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BennyPhoenix View Post
I'd say Hells Angels are more of an organized crime outfit, and they are not exclusively white.
The KKK is a gang of sorts, and I wish death upon all of them, but they generally lay low and dont cause 1% of the problems that street gangs cause.
The KKK, unlike the LA street gangs, dont crap where they live.
At one time they didn't lay low as you very well know. It took years of effort and considerable political will, blood, and hard work to crush the Klan. What's left is a small remnant of what they were. I don't think it's an exaggeration to compare the KKK at their height to MS13 or even to Hamas. I just hope that MS13 gets smashed the same way the Klan were smashed.

Old 01-28-2009, 01:23 AM

293 posts, read 810,046 times
Default There was this one time...

When (mid-2002) I was getting some gas on Normandie and 23rd street, some cops where on a pursuit on chasing some skinheads. Them, a cop went up to me, "Hey sir have you seen a dozen of young white males with a bald haircuts and steel toe boots?". I was like, "a white gang on MS13 neighborhood?" I guess the meeting between them went bad or the skinheads were there to do some preliminary test for their loyalty ... Just speculating

Old 01-28-2009, 03:17 AM

300 posts, read 934,285 times
There ARE White gangs. Most of them just adopted Nazi ideology. Not all of them.

In chigaco burbs there is Insane Deuces Nation which is latino / white.

There is Hells angels, Bandidos, Outlaws (well okay, BIKER gangs are all white).

There is ARyan Brotherhood ofc and several smaller gangs. (Might add: Aryan brotherhood = the most intelligent prison gang. They actually have brains, they study and communicate wayy better than mexican mafia *******s. Plus they dont attack outsiders(if u white).)

Organized Crime is what whites are more focused on.

Old 01-28-2009, 03:40 AM

9 posts, read 84,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Mysterious View Post
When (mid-2002) I was getting some gas on Normandie and 23rd street, some cops where on a pursuit on chasing some skinheads. Them, a cop went up to me, "Hey sir have you seen a dozen of young white males with a bald haircuts and steel toe boots?". I was like, "a white gang on MS13 neighborhood?" I guess the meeting between them went bad or the skinheads were there to do some preliminary test for their loyalty ... Just speculating
What the **** lol, what ms-13 clique is that there ? I wonder if they getting soft(jkin).

Old 01-28-2009, 08:22 AM

1,319 posts, read 3,782,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
At one time they didn't lay low as you very well know. It took years of effort and considerable political will, blood, and hard work to crush the Klan. What's left is a small remnant of what they were. I don't think it's an exaggeration to compare the KKK at their height to MS13 or even to Hamas. I just hope that MS13 gets smashed the same way the Klan were smashed.
Hamas sends rockets into Israel almost daily. The KKK was never even close to anything Hamas is today.

Old 01-28-2009, 06:31 PM

17,444 posts, read 24,708,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BennyPhoenix View Post
Hamas sends rockets into Israel almost daily. The KKK was never even close to anything Hamas is today.
Only because of changes in technology. If that technology existed back then the KKK would have sent rockets into black and Jewish neighborhoods in the US daily.

If you look at the history of the KKK they were as dangerous as dangerous could get in their heyday. And it's easy to forget that they had a presence in Los Angeles at one time. In fact the Klan introduced the drive by shooting into L.A. back in the '40s.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles