Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2007, 12:54 AM

21 posts, read 104,742 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I was wondering if there is anyone on this thread attending the Musician's
Institute in L.A and if so would like to know what you think of the school.
I am thinking of going there for voice and performance. Any imput would
be great. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2009, 10:48 PM

2 posts, read 25,406 times
yeha i am going there in april ..for the same thing i was wondering where every one is too

Old 01-07-2009, 02:12 AM

21 posts, read 104,742 times
very cool. Yeah I've gotten my information about this school mainly from
the school itself. So what are you wanting to do musically? have you already checked
the school out?

Old 01-10-2009, 08:08 PM

2 posts, read 25,406 times
i havnt check out the school because i'm in new york.. i should
buy a ticketyand see if its even worth it... it looks like it is..but
then again i still havnt been able to find any one who is going to the school... so i will be doing more research before i go

Old 01-12-2009, 04:46 PM

18 posts, read 90,567 times
I also posted a thread awhile ago about this school nd could not get much feedback..i also wanna attend this school for recording/producing...i'm also researching this school and other schools as well...if you do attend you should let me know of any feddback

Old 01-14-2009, 09:41 PM

21 posts, read 77,328 times
I'm starting in April, moving down there sometime next month. I only live a couple hours away so I've gone down and visited a lot. It's right in the middle of Hollywood, tons of tourist, but once you get inside the gates it's a pretty cool place.

Old 02-06-2009, 11:17 AM

1 posts, read 12,838 times
Im moving to La and was thinking about going there or los angeles recording school, i know m.i. is more focused on performance than recording and i just would like to be able to have a good job afterwards which one would you prefer?

Old 07-15-2009, 04:58 AM

1 posts, read 12,072 times
im torn between engineering/guitar at MI or engineering at berklee in boston

so to you who are going email me with some info about the school... reviews are really mixed

Old 07-17-2009, 11:04 PM

1,316 posts, read 2,454,664 times
I am researching this school for my son and found this website to be really informative. At least it has students that have attended and you can read their take on the school. It has a good reputation and from what I have gathered, like any school, you get out what you put in. I also had a hard time gathering information on this school and this is all I could find. My son wants to attend the PIT program and his drum teacher has high praise for the school but of course everyone will have their own opinion. I hope this help you guys and best of luck to you.

studentsreview.com

Type in Musicians Institute and it will bring up the reviews once you click on the school name. There were 6 positive reviews and 1 negative. Not bad! BTW you can type in Berklee and read what people had to say about that school as well. The reviews will surprise you.

Old 07-20-2009, 12:34 AM

51 posts, read 129,852 times
I have already been accepted to this school, and I am starting in Feb 2010. If you really want all the info, the website has a lot of material, and a donwloadable school brochure, with info on all the available programs. You can also send them an email and ask them to send you a package with everything you need to know, you also get a disc with video material on it. I found that to be very helpful. The international student rep I have been dealing with, has also been very helpful and always quick to respond to any and all of my emails.

Hope that helps. I've really only heard good things about this school. I have friend who graduated end 2008, and he said it was the best experience he's ever had!! I can't wait to go any longer!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles