U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-14-2007, 03:31 PM

3 posts, read 9,774 times

Advertisements

Hi there,

We were looking at buying a home in Burbank near to the airport...near N Buena Vista and Thornton and would like to know if its a good area to live in, like the kind of population, closeness to shopping and restaurants and schools.
Any tips would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

D.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2007, 04:00 PM

26,345 posts, read 84,780,044 times
Why there in particular? Have you been there before? Have you consulted with a realtor? Have you checked out the school data on the internet?

I can't imagine you haven't been there before. If you have, I would think a fifteen minute drive around the neighborhood would have given you some sort of indication of what it is like.

Old 12-14-2007, 05:51 PM

12,977 posts, read 30,347,871 times
Buena Vista and Thornton is right near the 5 fwy, not really close to the airport. You are however right in the lane of where the Burbank airport planes will be taking off. Its not the best part of Burbank as it gets really crowded near San Fernando Road. There are a lot of apartment buildings their and you'll be close to Sun Valley. The cool thing is that you'll also be kind of close to major shopping (Lowes, Great Indoors, Best Buy) on San Fernando.

How long have you visited the area? Where are the other homes you looked at in the area? Have you had a property inspector view the property yet? Also, in that area, I would suggest that you not consider a home where the only way you can enter your garage is through an alley in the rear of the property.

Old 12-14-2007, 06:05 PM

47 posts, read 168,789 times
I have worked near that area for years. I would not buy in this area. There are questionable types of individuals who live in the area. Homes are not kept up and you get a sense that no one cares for their property here. You are literally down the street from the airport plus traffic and the I-5. I would look further south near Magnolia or further north in the hills.

Old 12-14-2007, 08:45 PM

9,715 posts, read 13,626,311 times
Unfortunately, that house is located in the only part of Burbank I don't recommend moving to. It might be a great neighborhood someday down the road, but right now it's really an industrial area.

The planes don't actually fly over that area much. One airstrip (the one they usually use for landings) comes in from the west side of the airport. The other strip runs north and south so the areas near Fry's electronics and San Fernando Road are noisy.

Old 12-25-2007, 07:16 AM

3 posts, read 9,774 times
Thanks a lot for all the tips. Yes, we did take a look around the area and found it to be mostly industrial, specially very near to the place that we were looking at.
How is Cabrini villas to buy a home? Any recommendations?

Old 12-26-2007, 07:35 PM

34 posts, read 159,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DK164 View Post
Thanks a lot for all the tips. Yes, we did take a look around the area and found it to be mostly industrial, specially very near to the place that we were looking at.
look for anything above the I5,the higher up the better.older nicer well kept homes,nice neighbors excellent schools,safer than down below..

Old 01-17-2008, 12:43 AM

40 posts, read 246,324 times
cabrini villas is not burbank. only burbank zip code it is lausd and lapd

Quote:
Originally Posted by DK164 View Post
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles