Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2014, 10:45 AM

1,487 posts, read 1,787,534 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSouthOC View Post
Infinity, your comment about what someone might expect to find in LA had me cracking up. I am serious. And I don't think sarcasm was inappropriate since, what the heck kind of question is that, anyway? A city that huge can be summed up in a few sentences? People can and should do some very basic research before posting on here.

As for MBell, he and I don't agree on everything since I am a social liberal, but he is right that LA has some major problems. But I still love LA, always will. Plus, LA is on the upswing. Love it but wouldn't want to live there at this stage of my life.
thanks lol

i mean yeah LA is rough around the edges, yeah i get it but MBell has a serious bias...OC = good; LA = bad...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2014, 11:19 AM

3,076 posts, read 5,498,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbell75 View Post
Good luck with that. High unemployment rates and millions of people looking for work is not a good situation.
It's the same here. My BF was out of work here for a year and a half..couldn't even find a stupid clerical job. I don't plan on moving out there without having something lined up first....

Old 06-30-2014, 11:26 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwright1 View Post
You say you were born and raised in LA so I can see where you might not find it as interesting. But for someone who has lived back there for awhile, LA, at least for me is VERY interesting. Plants, trees, architecture, PEOPLE, food, culture, weather. I actually find it to be one of the most unique citites in N.A. Same could be said for someone who has lived out here most of there lives and move to the east coast. Its expensive out here. I find it more expensive than DC but its interesting, fascinating and quite enjoyable.

I love what Infinitekid posted because many times I believe that's what people think. And then there are those who think they're experts with all of this 'cesspool, stuck up, plastic, fake, smogfest' bs. I just smh.
wow: I didn't mean to start the third world war: Of course I understand all this: my point was simply, D.C and the east coast has so much history and so much to see and do. Of course all of us like to dream of living someplace we have not experienced. As I said, I am not putting L.A. down at all. I am just saying the east, to me, offers a lot more to see and do than L.A. I am sure you realize this or maybe you have never spent time on the East Coast.

Old 06-30-2014, 11:34 AM

2,436 posts, read 2,794,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jen5276 View Post
It's the same here. My BF was out of work here for a year and a half..couldn't even find a stupid clerical job. I don't plan on moving out there without having something lined up first....
As already stated, mbell is a biased LA hater who regularly talks smack about Los Angeles, and yet ironically makes it a point to stop by this forum everyday.

I'm sure you're not ignorant enough to move here without something lined up.

Old 06-30-2014, 12:44 PM

2,821 posts, read 3,537,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by infinitekid View Post
thanks lol

i mean yeah LA is rough around the edges, yeah i get it but MBell has a serious bias...OC = good; LA = bad...
Parts of LA county aren't bad. Malibu, Beverly Hills, Marina Del Rey are quite nice. However, most people that talk about "LA" are talking about downtown and surrounding areas (central, south and east) which is a dump.

Old 06-30-2014, 01:27 PM

3,076 posts, read 5,498,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theraven24 View Post
As already stated, mbell is a biased LA hater who regularly talks smack about Los Angeles, and yet ironically makes it a point to stop by this forum everyday.

I'm sure you're not ignorant enough to move here without something lined up.
Not unless I hit Lotto or inherit something

Old 06-30-2014, 01:42 PM

1,487 posts, read 1,787,534 times
Quote:
Parts of LA county aren't bad. Malibu, Beverly Hills, Marina Del Rey are quite nice. However, most people that talk about "LA" are talking about downtown and surrounding areas (central, south and east) which is a dump.
hancock park is central LA...ever meandered around there?

Old 06-30-2014, 02:19 PM

2,821 posts, read 3,537,940 times
Quote:
Ummm, sure. Its like 1.5 square miles built around a golf course filled with Jewish people and is in no way representative of central LA as a whole. I can cherry pick a couple tiny neighborhoods in Santa Ana and Anaheim that are nice too, doesn't mean that the other 98% of the city isn't a dump.

Old 06-30-2014, 03:49 PM

Quote:
LOL it's so obvious mbell doesn't really know what they're talking about.

Old 06-30-2014, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Ummm, sure. Its like 1.5 square miles built around a golf course filled with Jewish people and is in no way representative of central LA as a whole.
False.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles