Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2014, 04:01 PM

14,530 posts, read 20,023,173 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by new2colo View Post
This driving behavior is not exclusive to LA. As someone from Phoenix, I always notice how much better the drivers generally are there than here.
I've been on four business trips to Phoenix this year about 5-6 days each, driven a fair amount but more on the surface streets, but some on the freeways too. I'll give you this, Phoenix drivers have seemed to be a bit more polite and a bit less aggressive than Los Angeles drivers. But I did encounter a few nasty drivers too, probably fewer than I encounter in a similar amount of driving in Los Angeles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpeeps View Post
Once I was driving to work on Santa Monica Blvd. Traffic came to a dead stop at Fairfax. A tin, petite woman got out of her car in the left lane and jumped through the window of the car next to her in the right lane and started beating the female driver. Her friend got out of the car and tried to pull her out of the window. I took a picture of her legs hanging out of the car to call the cops.
Great story!!! Great picture! You had me LMAO!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Geek View Post
Just remember that size does not equal ability to kick someone's rear end. You never know what the small person you mess with is trained in. Or how mentally stable they are. Or if they have a weapon.

Bottom line, you are playing with fire and outrunning a bullet is a bit difficult.
Ya got me there! And all too often people are armed in L.A. even though it's against the law. Kids, DO NOT do this to a gang banger!

In all truth I've only done it 3-4 times, and once it was in Trader Joe's parking lot and some damned old lady had started backing out and I was worried I would get run down if I didn't do something so I slapped the back of her car with my palm. She got out of her car and gave me a nasty look and I gave her a nasty look back, I stared her down. She decided to not mess with me and we both moved on.

I sure would have been embarrassed if this old lady had kicked my ass!

If I hadn't done it I might have been crushed under her car, a screaming mess of broken bones. I'd do it again if the circumstances were the same, even if some big lunk was the driver. I've seen what happens to people after they've been ground under a car and it wasn't pretty. I still remember the screaming until the ambulance got there and gave the victim a shot of pain killer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2014, 08:25 PM

36 posts, read 60,230 times
Because everyone in LA only thinks about what they have/want to do. No one here seems to really care about common courtesy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles