Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2007, 04:55 PM

61 posts, read 257,585 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastfilm View Post
LosFelizDiva, perhaps a nice German-themed rain slicker, with Lederhosen-type embroidery might embolden your Rottie. They're a tough breed, no reason to disdain rainy walks. Do you have a squeak toy? Have it make noise outside in the rain, feed him treats outside in the rain, do things he always likes outside in the rain. You're right, this is an amusing problem in our normally drought-ridden clime. The rain slicker will help.

To our two dog-hating posters, you'll note I don't comment about children's issues, with the exception of L.A. education in general since my husband's a teacher, on this board since I don't have kids and it wouldn't be relevant. If you don't want to relate to domestic pet animals, which is your choice to not have them, you're maybe not the best advisors for those of us who do.
i 100% agree with you.

i could never leave my dog outside or treat him like he is less than part of my family.

leaving him outdoors in the elements is NOT an option.

ok, so they are aminals, and so are we. last time i checked, we are in the Kingdom Animalia. that means we're animals too. any animal will seek shelter from the rain or cold.

an animal tied to a tree can't do that.

lol.. blitzkrieg should sport some lederhosen!

hehe.. i'd so have to take a pic of that
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2007, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMomma View Post
I have two dogs (big lab mix type dogs) who are petrified of the rain! My one, older dog, will go out if I go with him. He pees real fast and then runs back in the house. But he does a tip toe sort of walk, as to minimize the amount of foot that actually hits the grass. Its hilarious to watch.

Our younger dog hates it so much, its very hard to get her outside. She can hold it for HOURS!!! She would rather lie there in pain because her bladder is going to burst than go out!

We put up our EZ Up last night for the dogs - yes, they are a little spoiled. But that way they will go out.

Good thing it doesn't rain too often!
LOL my dog tip-toes too. it's funny watching him. you would think he is walking on lava. i did get him to pee and poop today when we had a break in the rain ( a full TWO days).. he was NOT going outside..

even then my son had to hold an umbrella for him so he wouldn't get *too* wet. lol

i'm with the other poster, they just need booties.

funny though, when i take him to the beach, he's ALL paws in. he will splash in the ocean or swim in our pool. he just hates rain.

so do i.

Old 12-19-2007, 05:21 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,850,830 times
LOL. My dog is the same way. She's a big ol 120lb mastiff and when I open one of my back doors she hesitates, then just seem to tip toe outside to do her business then she'll run back in the house.

Old 12-20-2007, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBeez View Post
LOL. My dog is the same way. She's a big ol 120lb mastiff and when I open one of my back doors she hesitates, then just seem to tip toe outside to do her business then she'll run back in the house.
if no one has ever seen a dog tip toeing in the rain i swear they're missing out.

it must just feel weird to them. like their paws aren't used to wet pavement and the rain on the grass must dilute the scent my dog goes for or something. he won't sniff the tree or the grass during the rain.. he just sorta tip toes out with his tail between his legs, does his business.. and drags me back into the apartment.

i dont blame him, i like looking at rain, or i like when it rains, but i don't like being out in the rain.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles