Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2014, 12:32 AM

3,683 posts, read 9,861,803 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plokivos View Post
Where do I live in CA? I need to reinvent myself.
You can't afford it here. Give up your dream.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2014, 01:25 AM
HDL

3,216 posts, read 6,788,057 times
I agree. Poster talks about scripts and books and films. This thread belongs in the LA area forums close to Hollywood. Doesn't sound like a fit for NorCal .

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightlysparrow View Post
Why are you posting in the San Jose forum? If you want film industry work, try the Los Angeles forum or at least the general California forum.

Old 07-18-2014, 07:38 AM

26,527 posts, read 51,767,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDL View Post
I agree. Poster talks about scripts and books and films. This thread belongs in the LA area forums close to Hollywood. Doesn't sound like a fit for NorCal .
OK, lets try moving this to the Los Angeles forum...

Old 07-18-2014, 10:15 AM

12,713 posts, read 15,535,425 times
I recommend Des Moines, Iowa.

Old 07-18-2014, 11:13 AM

1,238 posts, read 1,830,649 times
People are so rude. But you really haven't given us enough information to judge whether you should move here. What are your savings like, what job industry are you in currently, what field of film/television do you want to break into? You've listed a general set of skills that everyone in LA has, a couple scripts, some unpublished books, etc. That won't really make you stand out here. What makes you stand out is if you know production, know someone in the industry that can get you in, and then you work your way up from there.

Old 07-18-2014, 11:24 AM

2,436 posts, read 2,794,827 times
I'm confused as to exactly what job you want if you move here. I'm pretty sure you're looking to get into the industry, but what exactly do you want to do?

Old 07-18-2014, 11:34 AM

1,238 posts, read 1,830,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theraven24 View Post
I'm confused as to exactly what job you want if you move here. I'm pretty sure you're looking to get into the industry, but what exactly do you want to do?
Exactly my point, he posted a lot of unnecessary information that just incites rude members of CD to set stunners to flame-throwing.

Old 07-18-2014, 11:42 AM

2,436 posts, read 2,794,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpeeps View Post
Exactly my point, he posted a lot of unnecessary information that just incites rude members of CD to set stunners to flame-throwing.
Yeah, I'm just overall confused. I don't know exactly what the direction of the OP is.

Old 07-18-2014, 01:51 PM

1,487 posts, read 1,787,792 times
so dry, when's it gonna rain?!?!!

Old 07-18-2014, 04:04 PM

2,821 posts, read 3,538,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plokivos View Post
Lived all my life in East Coast, told myself I'd never move to West coast, then I got older, and want something more. Ok, I'm not old, I'm in healthy 30's.

I got my talent with me, and I'm a survivor, and has always been.

So, here is the question. Dog, and a cat, artistic as all hell, all I ever heard was, "you're so talented!" in my life since 7, know how to do corporate (yeh, real corporate- BD really), watched basically every, f-ing movie since 1900's (studied film for a bit in school) even the one that shouldn't exists, have three scripts, two books, and never been married, house in the South, connections with gov in the East, went to a good art school in the east (yeh that one with only 290 people per class that costs $50k a year), and know that thing that nobody tells you about (you know by that sentence). Don't sit on the floor, cause it's all ****.

So. Where? I'd be poor, but have dog and cat, so need something... No parental support, just me doing all the things like I've done since 7. Got experience, skills, personality, talent, recommendations up the ass from all these really important players in the industry like there is no tomorrow, and You'd love me if you Met me (or eventually if I like you). I'd be your good friend, you can trust me because that's what I value, and because I'd never try to sell you anything, not even myself.

Where do I live in CA? I need to reinvent myself. Try not to let your logic fail you. Sometimes, bad days are just that. Don't make it longer with online.

Thank you all,

CA and specifically LA is filled with those who have come here broke thinking their talents will land them something big only to be slapped with the reality of living in one of the most expensive areas in the entire country and they now live in poverty. Id stay where you are until you come up with a lot of money and a solid plan.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles