U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-29-2014, 08:10 AM

1 posts, read 5,527 times

Advertisements

Can someone familiar with this address clue me in to how dangerous this area is? I took a look at the apartments below and thought it was decent enough for the bargain price of 725.00. I love japanese food so that's a plus but being on crenshaw blvd obviously has it's risks... I realize you get what you pay for and am just asking if anyone is familiar with this general area and how bad it is in terms of crime etc.

Bachelors Apartment w/ Pool & Gym **Summer Special**

Thanks in advance to any replies.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2014, 11:03 AM

907 posts, read 1,081,559 times
Gardena is better than some of the surrounding areas like Compton and Athens, but still not exactly the best bet or the most appealing environment to put it nicely.

For instance, take a look at this map showing homicides this year:

CrimeMapping.com - National Map

If this is all you can afford, then by all means go for it and save up until you can afford a more desirable location, atlhough as an alternative, I'd suggest going somewhere better where perhaps you can share a place with a roommate so you can still pay the same amount. Torrance is a pretty good option, which is safer and also has some good Japanese food.

Old 07-29-2014, 11:17 AM

1,940 posts, read 3,119,526 times
Gardena isn't horrible and that's on the west side. Close to El Camino College which is pretty decent. I like that area. I went there for many meetings as the south service center for LA Unified is right there in Gardena. It's pretty quiet. I parked on the street, walked to places for lunch, etc...

If you could go another mile south, you'd feel a lot more comfortable but probably pay more. There are a few Hawaiian places in that area. We used to go for happy hours to one there on Redondo Beach blvd. It always seemed safe for me and we'd walk for dinner sometimes. Around your place looks like a lot of single family homes. That is usually going to be better than living in a dense apartment area.

Old 07-29-2014, 01:19 PM

1,319 posts, read 1,986,143 times
I agree with timtemtym that that part of Gardena isn't horrible. There are plenty of eateries in the area. I'm not so familiar with the apartment situation, but I would buy a house in that area. I would definitely visit the apartment buildings and walk around at various times of the day to see how you feel about it.

Old 03-26-2015, 08:50 AM

1 posts, read 4,994 times
Well the building at 15001 Crenshaw blvd looks ok from the street. But once inside or living there as i did once,you'll realize there water and sewer system is a major issue. My bathroom toilet was always flooding. Also the roach problem is another issue,sure the manager will offer a fumigation,it's the law,but that works for about a day.After a week of living there,i realized there where drug dealers living two doors down from me.I guess the icing on the cake,was someone kept stealing things from my car. Management was zero help,they have a problem they realize,but they'd prefer not to refer to there boss,for the sake of their job!Also i see nowadays in there Ad's,it say's they've a health club,i laughed so hard!

Old 04-01-2015, 07:51 AM

1 posts, read 4,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen Silver View Post
Well the building at 15001 Crenshaw blvd looks ok from the street. But once inside or living there as i did once,you'll realize there water and sewer system is a major issue. My bathroom toilet was always flooding. Also the roach problem is another issue,sure the manager will offer a fumigation,it's the law,but that works for about a day.After a week of living there,i realized there where drug dealers living two doors down from me.I guess the icing on the cake,was someone kept stealing things from my car. Management was zero help,they have a problem they realize,but they'd prefer not to refer to there boss,for the sake of their job!Also i see nowadays in there Ad's,it say's they've a health club,i laughed so hard!
Hi, when did you live there? I'm too thinking of living there and I'm a single female. I'd love to know more. Do they have bed bugs? Was your car broken into?

Old 04-02-2015, 12:29 AM

11 posts, read 12,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by piper monty View Post
Hi, when did you live there? I'm too thinking of living there and I'm a single female. I'd love to know more. Do they have bed bugs? Was your car broken into?
I would suggest living closer to artesia blvd which is the nicer part of Gardena. A lot of Asians here(mostly, Japanese and koreans). Though the influx of not so descent people make even the nicer area looks ghetto in recent years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles