Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-04-2014, 06:38 PM

610 posts, read 698,551 times

Advertisements

i was talking to my uncle the other day, an LA resident, and he mentioned that the greater LA area has all sorts of cities or sections of cities packed with highrises and or skyscrapers. it was like wilshire, DT LA, century coty, the warner center, glendale, irvine, riverside, and i cant really remember what else. anybody else know of cool skylines in the greater LA area? my girlfriend loves to take urban photos and well be out there next spring. thanks!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2014, 08:05 PM

8,452 posts, read 15,034,390 times
The views from many places on Mulholland Drive are wonderful.

Old 08-04-2014, 08:37 PM

1,631 posts, read 2,384,851 times
DTLA is the biggest and best, followed by Century City, then Westwood and Koreatown, then Condo Canyon (on Wilshire next to Westwood). Outside of LA, Long Beach and Glendale are also up there. Some scattered tall buildings in Brentwood, West LA, Hollywood has a mostly mid-rise skyline and in it is currently building some tall residential and commercial buildings along Sunset and Vine. There are other places that have short skylines like Woodland Hills Warner Center, Pasadena, Santa Monica, Irvine, Burbank, El Segundo/LAX, Santa Ana, Marina Del Rey and Beverly Hills. These are mostly mid-rise buildings.

Old 08-09-2014, 07:57 AM

4,453 posts, read 6,796,334 times
I love the view of DTLA against snow covered mountains, you might catch the tail end in the early spring. Get out really early in the morning to both avoid traffic and before the dark inversion layer becomes visible. I've seen a couple of threads here about this same topic, you might want to do a search. Palos Verdes should also be on your list of shooting locations.

Old 08-09-2014, 12:49 PM

4,088 posts, read 4,386,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leavingIL View Post
i was talking to my uncle the other day, an LA resident, and he mentioned that the greater LA area has all sorts of cities or sections of cities packed with highrises and or skyscrapers. it was like wilshire, DT LA, century coty, the warner center, glendale, irvine, riverside, and i cant really remember what else. anybody else know of cool skylines in the greater LA area? my girlfriend loves to take urban photos and well be out there next spring. thanks!!
LOL at Riverside! First we make Forbes' "Cool places", list (#8!!!). Now we're known for our skyline!

Seriously, it's THERE... just pretty stumpy. We need an office building to crack the 20-floor barrier, and get things rolling.

Old 08-10-2014, 06:51 PM

2,412 posts, read 2,471,837 times
Downrown LA H
Korearown H
Miracle mile H
Westwood H
Century city H
Warner center H
Barrington wilshire H
Santa monica M
Long beach H
Hollywood H tons of towers planned and built
El segundo H
Glendale H
Burbank H
Encino M
Pasadena M
Riverside M
Irvine M
Santa ana downtown and mainplace M, soon to be H
Orange the block M
South coast metro M
Newport center H
Irvine spectrum H

H meaning having towers above 100 meters, santa monica, irvine, santa ana, and costa mesa have tons pf towers in the 20 floor range but not quite 100 meters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles