U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2009, 09:19 PM

16,250 posts, read 27,850,426 times

Advertisements

LadyKLO, Don't you just love that place? I have yet to see a supermarket as cool looking as the Oxnard Vallarta. Cool to see another Oxnard resident here as well. 3 rep points for you from me, just because your from the 93036.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2009, 10:59 AM

1,552 posts, read 3,809,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOON2BNSURPRISE View Post
LadyKLO, Don't you just love that place? I have yet to see a supermarket as cool looking as the Oxnard Vallarta. Cool to see another Oxnard resident here as well. 3 rep points for you from me, just because your from the 93036.
Thanks for the rep points!!!!!!!!!!

Old 12-13-2009, 02:09 PM

2,685 posts, read 6,529,290 times
I love Vallarta Supermarkets. In the San Fernando Valley, there is always one within 3-4 miles of each other, and I never had a problem with it. In fact, I usually go shopping there for spices, special cuts of meats, bollilos (Mexican rolls..these are way too good) and other Mexican baked goods. They are starting to have competitors in the East Valley called Superior, but they still haven't reached the popularity as Vallarta.

Old 12-12-2010, 11:37 PM

1 posts, read 1,359 times
well, interesting topic. From a current employee point of view, I would have to agreed to a certain point, Vallarta does have an attracting store, I might as well go a little bit further with the topic,

first off, I'm a minority of another race, who works for one of the stores. I have travel through many of the stored located throughout California. One thing I hate the most is how it only caters to the liw income community, especially, the Hispanic community. You will never dare see a Vallarta Supermarket in a medium or higher class neighbor. I do see pretty much of how the store run, in and out, internal operations, delivery, backdoor secrets, and sales.

Based on my experience and information I have seen, Vallarta caters to the Hispanic community for a very good reason, ands it's because of revenue. 70-80% gross revenue is from welfare recipients, money that hard workers pay to give to ours. I can stand in front a any registers, in any store, and an average. 6-7 out of 10 customers will pay either through EBT,WIC or other welfare assistance from our government.

The only winners in all these stores are the owners, because at the end, it's technically federal government funded.

Now, is that right or wrong, to me...it makes me sick.
I can go on about how the store is but that's another day..

Old 12-12-2010, 11:54 PM

4,212 posts, read 7,002,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrimsickofyou View Post
well, interesting topic. From a current employee point of view, I would have to agreed to a certain point, Vallarta does have an attracting store, I might as well go a little bit further with the topic,

first off, I'm a minority of another race, who works for one of the stores. I have travel through many of the stored located throughout California. One thing I hate the most is how it only caters to the liw income community, especially, the Hispanic community. You will never dare see a Vallarta Supermarket in a medium or higher class neighbor. I do see pretty much of how the store run, in and out, internal operations, delivery, backdoor secrets, and sales.

Based on my experience and information I have seen, Vallarta caters to the Hispanic community for a very good reason, ands it's because of revenue. 70-80% gross revenue is from welfare recipients, money that hard workers pay to give to ours. I can stand in front a any registers, in any store, and an average. 6-7 out of 10 customers will pay either through EBT,WIC or other welfare assistance from our government.

The only winners in all these stores are the owners, because at the end, it's technically federal government funded.

Now, is that right or wrong, to me...it makes me sick.
I can go on about how the store is but that's another day..
Absolutely agree. Vallarta sucks. Taxpayer money goes to these people who end up using federal aid to buy food at Vallarta, and they spend their actual income on new TVs and computers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles