U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2007, 09:06 PM

5,835 posts, read 4,225,254 times

Advertisements

This is the front of my condo in Mass. So far this has been the snowiest December in 30 years. But the air is clean and fresh and the people are the nicest I have every met anywhere. Small price to pay don't miss L.A.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2007, 09:57 PM

9,715 posts, read 13,612,667 times
I don't mean to be cruel but I was driving downtown the other day... It was one of those bright Southern California days when the sky was blue and clean and clear... And I happened to spot one of those snow covered mountains inbetween the non-snow covered mountains (between here and San Bernardino). It was really really beautiful, with the palm trees and all...

Old 12-22-2007, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
I don't mean to be cruel but I was driving downtown the other day... It was one of those bright Southern California days when the sky was blue and clean and clear... And I happened to spot one of those snow covered mountains inbetween the non-snow covered mountains (between here and San Bernardino). It was really really beautiful, with the palm trees and all...
I know how beautiful L.A. is when you have one of those rare crystal clear days that you can actually make out the edge of a mountain. Those are special days indeed.

Old 12-22-2007, 10:20 PM

9,715 posts, read 13,612,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by puffle View Post
I know how beautiful L.A. is when you have one of those rare crystal clear days that you can actually make out the edge of a mountain. Those are special days indeed.
We wanted to take a photo of it, but two days later when we drove the same road, the sky was so brown you couldn't see the snowy mountain at all. Bummer.

Old 12-22-2007, 11:14 PM

61 posts, read 240,016 times
Quote:
This is the front of my condo in Mass. So far this has been the snowiest December in 30 years. But the air is clean and fresh and the people are the nicest I have every met anywhere. Small price to pay don't miss L.A.
sorry, i'd rather take my snow in doses.

that looks like a wee bit too much snow for me.

i'd rather drive to snow when i'm in the mood to be bothered with snow.

i'm not feeling envious at all with the snow in front of your condo.

Old 12-23-2007, 03:16 AM

705 posts, read 3,083,036 times
Quote:
That's very nice.
People are very different, and I dont know what your point is for making this thread!?

Some people like that kind of weather and others don't.
PERSONALLY, I don't like waking up to that kind of weather.
Your house makes me realize HOW MUCH I LOVE LOS ANGELES.

Old 12-23-2007, 08:26 AM

Cool L.A. is nice but some like the four seasons

It probably seems weird that I would write this if you don't know me from past threads here. We moved here last month I got to enjoy a beautiful fall New England style. Now it's winter. Another season they have here. Thought I would come by and say hi. Lived in California for the last 44 years. Sometimes a change is nice, that's all. Enjoy your winter.
Attached Thumbnails
From sun to snow-copy-back-condo.jpg   From sun to snow-copy-2-pond-view-thms.jpg   From sun to snow-pond.jpg  

Old 12-23-2007, 09:31 AM

In answer to your question about if we have to drive in the snow the answer is no. The streets are cleared immediately and then they sand and salt them to melt the snow and ice so it's safer. The great thing about condo living here is we don't have to shovel anything and our car is garaged. It's really a change to also live where the famous aren't the current rock stars of movie stars but instead the most famous authors of our time and our forefather's that helped create the Bill of Rights and those that fought in the American Revolution. I live down the street from where Louisa May Alcott who wrote Little Women, from Nathaniel Hawthorne, Ralph Waldo Emerson, etc. My son's school is across the street from Walden Pond. It's just such a change to be surrounded by American history with homes dating back to the 1700's! I hope that those of you that have kids can bring them here some day to appreciate the history of how America gained their freedom and the birthplace of some of the great writer's of this nation.

Old 12-23-2007, 10:08 AM

1,287 posts, read 4,704,227 times
That picture reminded me of one of the things I disliked most about Boston during my two years there. And I am sooooo glad I don't live there anymore. I enjoy visiting (when the weatehr is nice), but don't miss living there one bit.

Old 12-23-2007, 10:30 AM

413 posts, read 1,723,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LosFeliz_Diva View Post
sorry, i'd rather take my snow in doses.

that looks like a wee bit too much snow for me.

i'd rather drive to snow when i'm in the mood to be bothered with snow.

i'm not feeling envious at all with the snow in front of your condo.
Gotsta agree with the Diva here. Glad you dig your snow, but in two months we'll never have to look at this crap again. YAY!!!

To those who have never had to deal with all the inconveniences that snow has to offer it may be "pretty", to me it's very symbolic of feces, yeah, poop.

Sorry, but I cant say anything good about snow. Lost two of my friends over the past 5 years and it was due to that beautiful white stuff.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles