U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-22-2007, 11:02 PM

61 posts, read 240,285 times

Advertisements

today was a great day in LA. we had nice weather, nice air, snow on the mountains etc.

today i did the beach for morning, malibu for lunch/brunch, snowy angeles crest for mid afternoon, and a ride back from there through the desert.

today is why i LOVE where i live. i can go from surf in the morning, mountain/snow and desert all in one day!

we have crappy air because of our topography. if we were flat like the square states then everything would disperse.

we have mountains here so things get caught in the greater LA basin.when we have days like today when the air moves and we have rain.. all is SO nice.

days like today and yesterday make it all worth while. i know people want to leave LA.. day like today remind me of why i'm SO glad i was born and raised here!

oh it makes it all worth while.

no traffic, no road rage or anything. i had a great day in los feliz, malibu and up to the snow.

take the horrid things you hear with a grain of salt.

today was a GREAT day in LA.

it's not all horrible like some make it seem to be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2007, 06:31 AM

26,345 posts, read 84,833,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LosFeliz_Diva View Post
i know people want to leave LA.. day like today remind me of why i'm SO glad i was born and raised here!

oh it makes it all worth while.
That was one quintessential SoCal day. I was born and raised there too. Not bashing, but LA/SoCal can't provide what some of us need in this time and place in our lives. It did 20 years ago and we enjoyed then what you enjoyed yesterday.

We will be there tomorrow for a week.
Sushi, Lahmahjoon (Armenian Pizza), Trader Joes, Thai curry, Kim-Chi, Cupids Hot Dogs, Calabasas outdoor swimming, grandparents (my parents) seeing their new grand daughter, Zuma Beach, maybe Melrose, Santa Monica, Old Pasadena, Santa Anita, .... I'll probably gain five pounds.

Old 12-23-2007, 10:56 AM

1,287 posts, read 4,708,584 times
Rock on Loz Feliz Diva! I'm with you 100 percent!!!

I am moving back to LA literally next weekend to begin a new job downtown. I am so excited to be coming home. I was in LA last weekend and again the last three days trying to nail down a place to live, and it was so gorgeous outside. Even though I grew up in LA, I've lived elsewhere for most of my adult life, post college, so when I come back I really appreciate what an amazing place LA is. The energy, natural beauty and scenery, diversity, excitement, the eclectic mix of neighborhoods (I’m considering Beverly Hills, Studio City, Miracle Mile, and Hancock Park to live), and the overflowing abundance of amenities and conveniences is truly astounding and unlike anywhere else, really. There is no place like Los Angeles and beautiful days like Friday and yesterday reinforce my love for the place too.

Old 12-23-2007, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
That was one quintessential SoCal day. I was born and raised there too. Not bashing, but LA/SoCal can't provide what some of us need in this time and place in our lives. It did 20 years ago and we enjoyed then what you enjoyed yesterday.

We will be there tomorrow for a week.
Sushi, Lahmahjoon (Armenian Pizza), Trader Joes, Thai curry, Kim-Chi, Cupids Hot Dogs, Calabasas outdoor swimming, grandparents (my parents) seeing their new grand daughter, Zuma Beach, maybe Melrose, Santa Monica, Old Pasadena, Santa Anita, .... I'll probably gain five pounds.
you picked a perfect time to visit. the weather has been nice and the skys are really clear. i was at zuma yesterday.. you'll have fun.

i haven't had cupid's hotdogs.. i tend to be a Pink's fan when i can tolerate the 3 block long line.

i understand that LA/SoCal can't give some people what they need at certain stages of their lives. it's definitely not the cheapest place to live and the cost of living is really high. but i've never lived anywhere else so i guess i don't really realize just how much LA drains my bank account.

have fun on your visit back home.

Old 12-23-2007, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealAngelion View Post

I am moving back to LA literally next weekend to begin a new job downtown. I am so excited to be coming home. I was in LA last weekend and again the last three days trying to nail down a place to live, and it was so gorgeous outside. Even though I grew up in LA, I've lived elsewhere for most of my adult life, post college, so when I come back I really appreciate what an amazing place LA is. The energy, natural beauty and scenery, diversity, excitement, the eclectic mix of neighborhoods (I’m considering Beverly Hills, Studio City, Miracle Mile, and Hancock Park to live), and the overflowing abundance of amenities and conveniences is truly astounding and unlike anywhere else, really. There is no place like Los Angeles and beautiful days like Friday and yesterday reinforce my love for the place too.
i love the miracle mile area/mid wilshire area. that was one of the places i considered moving to when i first moved out on my own. i ended up in los feliz instead, but i'm not complaining.

maybe because it's holiday season, people are a little more laid back. but yesterday and friday were just awesome. i could see for miles and miles. i like seeing the various parts of the city framed and outlined by the mountains in the background. and it's nice to be able to deal with snow when you're in the mood for it.

good luck with the move!

Old 12-23-2007, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealAngelion View Post

p.s. my sister lives downtown now and at first i was like oh my GOD you live downtown? then when i went to her place it is being SO gentrified. it wasn't the old downtown i remember as a kid. i guess things have really picked up since the staple's center opened. they're a lot of cool live/work lofts down there now. i'm thinking about renting one for a ceramic studio for myself.

i think in 5 years downtown LA will be such a former shadow of itself.

Last edited by LosFeliz_Diva; 12-23-2007 at 02:56 PM..

Old 12-23-2007, 11:02 PM

1,287 posts, read 4,708,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LosFeliz_Diva View Post
p.s. my sister lives downtown now and at first i was like oh my GOD you live downtown? then when i went to her place it is being SO gentrified. it wasn't the old downtown i remember as a kid. i guess things have really picked up since the staple's center opened. they're a lot of cool live/work lofts down there now. i'm thinking about renting one for a ceramic studio for myself.

i think in 5 years downtown LA will be such a former shadow of itself.
I considered downtown in my search, but concluded working there would be enough. I like the idea of living in relative separation from where I work, plus I'm really not a loft person. I prefer more traditional housing.

However, I do enjoy staying downtown and walking everywhere. I walked to Wolfgang Puck's LA Bistro at 6th and Hope Streets for dinner on Thursday night. It was a nice mellow scene with a good mix of people having drinks and dinner after work, out of towners, and a few USC students. The bar next door, Library Bar (http://www.librarybarla.com/index_main.html (broken link)), was hopping with people and appears to be a favored downtown watering hole, at least on Thursday nights.

Downtown is really coming into its own as a place to live. There is definitely a community taking shape, and it's nice to see a greater degree of life on the streets past 6 PM.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or