Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-27-2014, 11:24 PM

1,965 posts, read 3,308,844 times

Advertisements

I am not very good at celebrity spotting, heck if half these "celebrities" fell across me dead on the street I wouldn't know who they were. Usually I know because the people around them cause a commotion.

Jamie Fox frequented a gym I used to go to. I did not know until somebody told me who he was. He's pretty short, dribbles a basketball most of the time, and looks angry.
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2014, 11:59 PM

1,297 posts, read 3,099,478 times
During my time in LA, I had a pretty fun gig working for the dodgers that often had me in the suite levels, prime ticket and dugout club or general areas of those three spots. Def a job I'll always take with me and never took for granted.

It was the 2011 season so they had the whole frank McCourt debacle going which resulted with lower attendance and less famous people going to games but a few memorable moments:

George Lopez: he often had security around him even though nobody ever seemed to swarm him but the times I saw him I did the "what up" nod to him as he did it back lol.

Adam sandler: he walked in and said it was great to see me again although I never had seen him before. Very casual guy.

Justin timberlake: this one was prob the coolest as I was checkin in on a suite and asked the group if all was good. Out of the group, he turned around and asked if we had some desserts. Didn't know he was in there at the time. No commotion, paparazzi, security. Just him and like 6-7 friends in there hangin out. Once i started talkin to him I started smiling and that's when I'm sure he knew I knew who he was.

Larry king I spoke to briefly, other misc: jordan sparks, Alissa Milano, guys from lmfao, and a few others I can't really remember. Tom hanks was often at ball games but he was sneaky coming in and out and only saw him from a distance once... Far distance.

Also had a job doing celebrity tours in Hollywood for a quick minute and saw Kat Von D, Taylor swift and David spade.

It's true though, you need to have an eye to spot the celebrities but many are def out and about. You just gotta go to the right areas.

Old 08-28-2014, 01:54 PM

5,888 posts, read 13,003,171 times
Juliette Lewis on Balboa Island
Dennis Rodman (various times in Newport and Huntington/we almost ran over him in Fashion Island)
Morgan Freeman was standing behind me at the Ralphs in Marina Del Rey
Ed O'Neill at a 7eleven near Marina Del Rey
Henry Rollins at the Huntington Beach Albertsons
Sean Penn at LAX
Chritina Ricci at LAX

Back in NY I used to pal around with Mick Foley (the Wrestler)
Did tequilla Shots With Mickey Rourke
had a few Beers with David Johansen and Dee Dee Ramone
had a nice conversation with Dee Snyder about Rowing (he had a house in Lloyd Harbor)
My dad was friends with Pete Seeger and G.Gordon Liddy- they both used to visit us when we were young- G.Gordon was the DA in Dutchess County)

Old 08-28-2014, 02:13 PM

1,487 posts, read 1,787,100 times
oh yeah i also saw Kareem Abdul Jabar at the Orange County Swapmeet. He was basically sticking out like a sore thumb because he's HUGE!

and i also saw Cedric the Entertainer sitting in first class on a flight from LAX to STL (or the reverse, cant remember)

Old 08-29-2014, 04:49 PM

1,192 posts, read 1,642,248 times
I ran into Asa Akira at Guisados about an hour ago.

Old 08-29-2014, 06:12 PM

1,192 posts, read 1,642,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DinsdalePirahna View Post
Juliette Lewis on Balboa Island
Dennis Rodman (various times in Newport and Huntington/we almost ran over him in Fashion Island)
Morgan Freeman was standing behind me at the Ralphs in Marina Del Rey
Ed O'Neill at a 7eleven near Marina Del Rey
Henry Rollins at the Huntington Beach Albertsons
Sean Penn at LAX
Chritina Ricci at LAX

Back in NY I used to pal around with Mick Foley (the Wrestler)
Did tequilla Shots With Mickey Rourke
had a few Beers with David Johansen and Dee Dee Ramone
had a nice conversation with Dee Snyder about Rowing (he had a house in Lloyd Harbor)
My dad was friends with Pete Seeger and G.Gordon Liddy- they both used to visit us when we were young- G.Gordon was the DA in Dutchess County)
Danced with Juliette Lewis at a Bassnectar show at the Palladium. I was with my wife and a few friends, and we're in the middle of the floor dancing which I notice this kind of middle-aged, attractive petite woman dancing next to our group. Then she's dancing in the middle of our group. Took me a minute or two to recognize her. I think she noticed when I recognized her because she scampered off

My best sighting yet though was at Sycamore Kitchen on La Brea. Waiting in line and notice that Jane Lynch is in line right behind me. Then grab a table outside and notice that Steven Spielberg is sitting one table over with his family. Double whammy.

Old 08-29-2014, 08:48 PM

1,607 posts, read 1,943,502 times
I can tell you about all the celebrities I've had to arrest....

Old 08-30-2014, 10:42 AM

6,588 posts, read 17,546,711 times
I met some celebrities when I was much younger, because several films were made at my dad's ex-girlfriend's house in La Canada. Linda Carter, Robert Wagner, Valerie Perrine, Rod Steiger, and probably a few others whom I can't remember off the top of my head.

Generally speaking, I wouldn't know anyone unless they're really famous (like Julia Roberts) and/or they were popular in the 70s and 80s, and still pretty much look the same. Also, when I go shopping I tend to be in my own little world, and I'm not looking at other people very much. I'm just not impressed by actors, singers, etc. Their jobs just happen to be in the public eye more than most people's, but fame doesn't equal greatness.

Besides, I read novels for entertainment; I rarely go to movies or watch TV. I read a book once about an editor for Harlequin, and one of my favorite parts of the book was when she described meeting Nora Roberts (one of the most recognizable names in the romance genre). So I am a fan girl, but in a totally different way than most people.

Old 08-30-2014, 10:50 PM

23,520 posts, read 24,000,129 times
Please elaborate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrolman View Post
I can tell you about all the celebrities I've had to arrest....

Old 08-31-2014, 12:01 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,448,225 times
This thread reminds me of this new Weird Al song , it's pretty funny

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yazr8JkazmE
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles