Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What Team Should LA Get?
Rams 10 24.39%
Jaguars 9 21.95%
Bills 3 7.32%
Other 9 21.95%
None 10 24.39%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2010, 09:01 PM

30 posts, read 90,052 times

Advertisements

What NFL team would you in Los Angeles like to see in your city?

1. Rams
2. Jaguars
3. Bills
4. Other
5. No NFL Team
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2010, 09:07 PM

364 posts, read 991,029 times
Jaguars first came to my mind with this question. No to the Bills for obvious reasons. Rams left us so good riddance I say. I also wouldn't mind an expansion team.

Old 03-01-2010, 05:31 AM

2,031 posts, read 2,986,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielMM View Post
What NFL team would you in Los Angeles like to see in your city?

1. Rams
2. Jaguars
3. Bills
4. Other
5. No NFL Team
With the Jaguars, at least the name would be appropriate if it wasn't changed; Jaguars historically ranged into Southern California.

On the other hand, "Los Angeles Bills" wouldn't be any more nonsensical than "Los Angeles Lakers", I guess.

Old 03-01-2010, 05:46 AM

1,566 posts, read 4,422,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voyageur View Post

On the other hand, "Los Angeles Bills" wouldn't be any more nonsensical than "Los Angeles Lakers", I guess.
Nor would the LA BILLS be any more absurd than the Utah Jazz.

Old 03-01-2010, 05:52 AM

11,294 posts, read 18,876,476 times
Quote:
With the Jaguars, at least the name would be appropriate if it wasn't changed; Jaguars historically ranged into Southern California.

I think the reason that they kept the "Lakers" name when they moved from Minneapolis was the alliteration, that is the "LA" in "Lakers". It could (though it obviously doesn't) could as a name simply mean they are from L.A. as opposed to being from a lake.

Personally, I think you're going to get the Jaguars eventually. The Bills have a much longer history, and an unusually solid fan base for a city it's size a la the Packers, and if the NFL can't put a team in Toronto because the CFL successfully fights it, they'll keep the Bills in Buffalo (the two are closer than the distance between LA and San Diego) just to have a home game or two in Toronto each year (which the CFL has allowed).

If you go into the Buffalo forum, you'll see that the fans hate that plan, but feel if given their long shrinking population base it lets them keep the team they'll accept it. When the Phoenix Coyotes hockey team tried to move to Hamilton, ON, Canada (halfway between Toronto and Buffalo, BOTH of which have NHL teams), the NHL went to court and won and are trying to block ANY team from moving there (the head/inventor of Blackberry devices is from there and has desperately tried to move hockey teams there) to protect the Buffalo franchise.

I think with the Utah Jazz (posted while I first typed this) there was some weird deal where they were forced to keep the name.

Last edited by 7 Wishes; 03-01-2010 at 06:00 AM..

Old 03-01-2010, 08:59 AM

16,289 posts, read 32,333,368 times
How about the Seatlle Seahawks? Still think Pete Carrol belongs in LA.

Old 03-01-2010, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOON2BNSURPRISE View Post
How about the Seatlle Seahawks? Still think Pete Carrol belongs in LA.
The Seahawks are owned by Paul Allen, a local, and they play in a fairly new stadium. They're not going anywhere anytime soon.

Old 03-01-2010, 10:19 AM

16,289 posts, read 32,333,368 times
Quote:
The Seahawks are owned by Paul Allen, a local, and they play in a fairly new stadium. They're not going anywhere anytime soon.
Didn't think that they would come here, but the question was what NFL team should move to LA. Just offering my thoughts.

Old 03-01-2010, 10:52 AM

26,329 posts, read 93,734,875 times
Bring back the Los Angeles Dons.

Los Angeles Dons - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Dons of L.A. Pro Sports - Los Angeles Times

Old 03-01-2010, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOON2BNSURPRISE View Post
Didn't think that they would come here, but the question was what NFL team should move to LA. Just offering my thoughts.
I think the question implicitly asks for some plausibility in an answer.

It's like asking who the Chargers should sign as a free agent this offseason. The answer "Chris Johnson!" would be rather pointless, as the odds of Chris Johnson being a free agent (ie, the odds of Tennessee cutting him) are somewhere around non-existent.

On the other hand, the Seahawks are at least somewhat more likely to move to LA than, say, the Cowboys or the Packers...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles