U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2007, 06:12 PM

17,444 posts, read 24,753,909 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by junkman18 View Post
I was born and raised in that cesspool that's how.
Where? South Central?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2007, 06:17 PM

1,210 posts, read 1,160,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
Where? South Central?
No but I have worked their..

Old 12-26-2007, 06:23 PM

22,721 posts, read 28,398,357 times
I was fortunate to be born and raised in a good part of L.A. There are many good parts of Los Angeles...

Old 12-26-2007, 07:22 PM

1,210 posts, read 1,160,128 times
Default More flee state than move in

More flee state than move in
>
> Population is up thanks to births and foreign immigrants, but rest of
> U.S. isn't California dreamin' like it was.
>
> December 20, 2007
>
> California's population continued to grow modestly in the last fiscal
> year despite a significant exodus of residents to other states,
> according to a state report released Wednesday.
>
> The annual study by the Department of Finance showed that 89,000 more
> people moved out of California than moved here from elsewhere in the
> United States. California's population did grow in fiscal 2007 -- but
> the growth rested on births and the arrival of more than 200,000
> immigrants from other countries.
>
> http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la...la-home-center
>

Old 12-26-2007, 07:27 PM

Quote:
More flee state than move in
>
> Population is up thanks to births and foreign immigrants, but rest of
> U.S. isn't California dreamin' like it was.
>
> December 20, 2007
>
> California's population continued to grow modestly in the last fiscal
> year despite a significant exodus of residents to other states,
> according to a state report released Wednesday.
>
> The annual study by the Department of Finance showed that 89,000 more
> people moved out of California than moved here from elsewhere in the
> United States. California's population did grow in fiscal 2007 -- but
> the growth rested on births and the arrival of more than 200,000
> immigrants from other countries.
>
> http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la...la-home-center
>
Well, it's about time more started leaving than coming in!
How many years was the incoming ratio way higher than the outgoing... 20 years, 30, 40?

With over 30 million people in California, we can well afford to lose about 10 or 15 million!

Old 12-26-2007, 08:32 PM

1,287 posts, read 4,708,584 times
Quote:
I was born and raised in that cesspool that's how.
Let me rephrase and be less personal. I think where you live, Arkansas, is a cesspool since its home to the KKK, the Arian Nation and similar scum.

Old 12-26-2007, 09:47 PM

1,398 posts, read 6,201,249 times
And Los Angeles specifically is home to La Raza/Aztlan extremists, Maratrucha Salvadora-13, Assassin Kings, Mexican Mafia, BVN, Rollin' Crips, Bloods and 80,000 other gang lifers who make sure that every spot in the L.A. basin not inhabitated by the well to do suffers daily with higher crime, graffiti and vandalism.

I think the point is there are always trade-offs. L.A. can be pretty cesspool-like for those with what would be considered a middle-class incomes in middle class neighborhoods elsewhere. Not so here. Even our '69 Fleetwood Caddie poster above claims to be "fortunate enough" to have lived in the better parts of L.A. What about the rest of the potential relocators on this forum who aren't?

Old 12-26-2007, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastfilm View Post
And Los Angeles specifically is home to La Raza/Aztlan extremists, Maratrucha Salvadora-13, Assassin Kings, Mexican Mafia, BVN, Rollin' Crips, Bloods and 80,000 other gang lifers who make sure that every spot in the L.A. basin not inhabitated by the well to do suffers daily with higher crime, graffiti and vandalism.

I think the point is there are always trade-offs. L.A. can be pretty cesspool-like for those with what would be considered a middle-class incomes in middle class neighborhoods elsewhere. Not so here. Even our '69 Fleetwood Caddie poster above claims to be "fortunate enough" to have lived in the better parts of L.A. What about the rest of the potential relocators on this forum who aren't?
But there are bad parts in every large city.
And all the potential relocators have to do is be sure to move into a good area of L.A. (if they can afford it).

Old 12-26-2007, 10:48 PM

1,287 posts, read 4,708,584 times
Exactly. And I am confident that the vast majority of those seeking to relocate to the LA area don't plan on moving to crime ridden, gang infested neighborhoods. Just like if I relocated to Arkansas (Gob forbid), I wouldn't move to a location that was known to be a breeding ground for white supremacists.

Old 12-26-2007, 10:59 PM

17,444 posts, read 24,753,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastfilm View Post

Not every spot....you just have to know where the better ones are. And there are plenty of cities in the US more dangerous than L.A.

Last edited by majoun; 12-26-2007 at 11:27 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or