Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-19-2014, 05:15 PM

1 posts, read 1,277 times

Advertisements

I am going to be moving to Los Angeles from the Silicon Valley/Bay Area. I am a 27 year old single guy, who will be working in the entertainemnt industry in the Century City area. You can think of me as one of those establishment “entertainment corporate suits”. I am looking for places to live, and one area that got my attention was the Wilshire Corridor area. My question is, are there any young people (25-34), single people that live in this area of LA (Whilsire Corridor)? I would like to move to an area of LA that has a lot of young & single people, living in that area.
Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2014, 05:29 PM

4,213 posts, read 8,287,203 times
Surely some younger people live there, but it's generally filled with rich old people. It's still a great area to live because it's centrally located and close to your job. If you want something more happening but still close to work, consider Santa Monica or West Hollywood.

Old 10-19-2014, 06:09 PM

434 posts, read 1,016,720 times
It's been a long, long time since I checked out either place, but you might take a look at two relatively upscale apartment buildings in the area: the Talmadge at Wilshire/Berendo, and the Gaylord at Wilshire/Kenmore.

I haven't lived in either, and neither building has encouraging ratings on apartmentratings.com, but I still think they could be worth checking out, at least if my impression of what you're after isn't way off.

You'll find young people in the area, but likely would find more in Santa Monica or West Hollywood, as disgruntled la native suggests.

Old 10-19-2014, 07:36 PM

822 posts, read 1,280,947 times
I put a couple of my employees here in the past temporarily. It's reasonably close to Century City and Beverly Hills.

Apartments for Rent in Los Angeles, CA | Park La Brea - Home

Old 10-19-2014, 09:44 PM

7,226 posts, read 22,150,283 times
Brentwood would be a better option for the young professional crowd.

Old 10-19-2014, 09:56 PM

1,235 posts, read 1,764,464 times
I'd go with Miracle Mile area (Wilshire/Fairfax/La Brea), Culver City, or Santa Monica.

Old 10-20-2014, 01:37 AM

367 posts, read 670,808 times
Santa Monica is definitely more your scene

Old 10-20-2014, 12:23 PM

8,452 posts, read 14,996,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatAngMoh View Post
I put a couple of my employees here in the past temporarily. It's reasonably close to Century City and Beverly Hills.

Apartments for Rent in Los Angeles, CA | Park La Brea - Home
Guess you didn't hear about the roaches?:

Park La Brea - Mid-Wilshire - Los Angeles, CA | Yelp

Old 10-20-2014, 12:41 PM

192 posts, read 325,384 times
Santa Monica or West Hollywood

Old 10-21-2014, 04:51 PM

1,238 posts, read 1,824,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by California Vagabond View Post
It's been a long, long time since I checked out either place, but you might take a look at two relatively upscale apartment buildings in the area: the Talmadge at Wilshire/Berendo, and the Gaylord at Wilshire/Kenmore.

I haven't lived in either, and neither building has encouraging ratings on apartmentratings.com, but I still think they could be worth checking out, at least if my impression of what you're after isn't way off.

You'll find young people in the area, but likely would find more in Santa Monica or West Hollywood, as disgruntled la native suggests.
I have a friend that lives in the Talmadge. Nice older building, great rooftop views, spacious as F apartments, but crap neighborhood at night. The neighborhood has a gritty feel to it, on the dirtier side. The amount of homeless sleeping on benches and under apartment overhands is a bit much to see on a daily basis.

Fun fact: Lauren Velez, who played LT. Maria Laguerta on the show Dexter, lives in the Talmadge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightlysparrow View Post
Guess you didn't hear about the roaches?:

Park La Brea - Mid-Wilshire - Los Angeles, CA | Yelp
Not to mention the gridlock traffic on Wilshire, 3rd, and 6th street right around that area during the evening rush hour. Nightmare.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles