Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2008, 04:12 AM

2 posts, read 3,395 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynda1010 View Post
I was adopted by bi-racial couple in southern california in the 50's when it was an "item to look at". Years later I married interracially and raised three beautifully children who are adults now. Two of them come from the Phillippines and one born here in California.
They all date different cultures and nationalities. In Southern California there is a melting pot, but make sure you are sincere with your feelings and your soul mate is the same.
Make sure your soul mate understands your culture as well you understand hers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2008, 05:19 AM

194 posts, read 303,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lynda1010 View Post
I was adopted by bi-racial couple in southern california in the 50's when it was an "item to look at". Years later I married interracially and raised three beautifully children who are adults now. Two of them come from the Phillippines and one born here in California.
They all date different cultures and nationalities. In Southern California there is a melting pot, but make sure you are sincere with your feelings and your soul mate is the same.
Well said, Lynda1010! How refreshing to have an *intelligent* poster who can offer some insight and positive posting!

It's people like *you* that make Southern California a great place to be!

I've always felt that the positive can outweigh the negative, no matter how many transplants with issues move out here,
sullying our beautiful Golden State.

Welcome to City-Data.

Old 01-19-2008, 06:03 PM

1,875 posts, read 2,869,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slauson Rosecranz View Post
Well said, Lynda1010! How refreshing to have an *intelligent* poster who can offer some insight and positive posting!

It's people like *you* that make Southern California a great place to be!

I've always felt that the positive can outweigh the negative, no matter how many transplants with issues move out here,
sullying our beautiful Golden State.

Welcome to City-Data.
I totally agree.

Old 02-02-2008, 07:59 AM

Default It can't be!

As much as I like interracial relationships, are a majority of people in L.A. like this? Has anyone heard of this story?
Accepting Interracial dating

Old 02-03-2008, 05:52 PM

938 posts, read 4,094,236 times
I'm a person of color, and I've had:

-Armenian, Black, Mexican, Ivorian, White and Filipina girlfriends.

Old 02-03-2008, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by King0fthehill View Post
I'm a person of color, and I've had:

-Armenian, Black, Mexican, Ivorian, White and Filipina girlfriends.
That's great.

Old 02-03-2008, 08:25 PM

16,701 posts, read 29,526,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slauson Rosecranz View Post
Honestly, it doesn't necessarily make someone a racist if they don't date a particular ethnic group.
People are entitled to their idea of personal attraction, preferences, cultural or religious compatability, or whatever.

*BUT* this troll's lame attempt to discourage the o.p. with his/her own opinion (and issues), as if the o.p.'s question was directed specifically to the troll in question, speaks for itself. The troll can speak for his/her little circle, but s/he certainly can't speak for everyone in Los Angeles.

That, along with the "you can imagine what some white guys who date Asian girls look like" comment pretty much speaks for itself.
Another reason why I'm convinced the troll is some sorry guy.

A woman wouldn't take issue with a white guy date Asian girls.
Yes, people have their preferences for dating and attractiveness...and one can have more preferences for one race or group over others. But, to exclude any race or ethnic group in entirety is racist. Attractiveness is an individual thing. To deny an entire race or ethnic group without assessing an individual first means that one is attaching a negative trait/connotation to an entire race or ethnic group.

Scientists have proven that attractiveness (individual) is universal across racial lines. To universally deny a whole race/group means that has been trained to think a certain way by their culture, society, family, or parents.

So, when a person says "I don't date [enter race or ethnic group here]," it is really a racist comment. Too many people try to hide behind "the preferences mantra" when actually it is racism.

Old 02-04-2008, 02:14 PM

59 posts, read 253,959 times
You're weak if you have to ask if its okay to marry interracially. If you want to marry someone, marry them and wave finger to anyone who has a problem with it, preferably the trigger finger.

Old 02-10-2008, 11:37 AM

2 posts, read 3,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah M View Post
I'm white, and I can tell you that you may be wasting your time. I don't date any blacks, and neither do any of my friends.
Thats awfully strange.
I'm white (Italian) and I'm in a relationship with a 19 year old Black male.
Many of my white friends date interacially too.

Old 02-10-2008, 07:30 PM

194 posts, read 303,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silenzi View Post
Thats awfully strange.
I'm white (Italian) and I'm in a relationship with a 19 year old Black male.
Many of my white friends date interacially too.
Ignore that post, Silenzi.

There is no Sarah M. It's really a guy named Prince of Lombards that was trying to discourage the op because of his own racial issues.

He thought he was so slick...until he slipped up and made a mistake that I should have caught on to WELL BEFORE he unintentionally revealed himself, coming to "Sarah M"'s defense.

He usually trolls on the immigration boards with alot of inflammatory rhetoric, too.

God, I wish they'd close this thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles