Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2015, 04:52 AM

1,824 posts, read 1,668,809 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY to Chicago View Post
No I don't think they're racist...However they have a Male dominated culture and that sometimes clashes with African Americans (who also have that type of culture)...

The Cultures with alot in common often fight the most...Puerto Ricans on the East Coast also clash with African Americans alot since they also have that type of Macho culture.

I think generally speaking Mexicans in California and Puerto Ricans in NYC don't let anyone push them around and Blacks don't like that...I've seen Asians and Arabs get bullied by Blacks (in NYC), but rarely if ever do Ricans get bullied....Same with Mexicans in California they don't get pushed around by anyone....

Armenians are another group that doesn't let Blacks push them around....
Armenians?? lol.

Why mention them.

About that mexican culture.. It being male dominated might be part of the reason why the culture, the culture most run into most of the time in socal, seems and can be racist.

Might be more male dominated than puerto rican culture.

Last edited by owl6969; 11-10-2015 at 05:28 AM..

Old 11-10-2015, 09:55 AM

73,031 posts, read 62,622,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY to Chicago View Post
No I don't think they're racist...However they have a Male dominated culture and that sometimes clashes with African Americans (who also have that type of culture)...

The Cultures with alot in common often fight the most...Puerto Ricans on the East Coast also clash with African Americans alot since they also have that type of Macho culture.

I think generally speaking Mexicans in California and Puerto Ricans in NYC don't let anyone push them around and Blacks don't like that...I've seen Asians and Arabs get bullied by Blacks (in NYC), but rarely if ever do Ricans get bullied....Same with Mexicans in California they don't get pushed around by anyone....

Armenians are another group that doesn't let Blacks push them around....
And Blacks don't get bullied by nonblacks? Wow. All this proves is thay blacks are seen as perpetual villains.

Old 11-10-2015, 10:31 AM

I can understand where the OP is coming from. Safety is something to be concerned about. Getting along with others is other something to think about.

Old 11-10-2015, 10:43 AM

362 posts, read 544,000 times
I grew up with a black classmate from Cuba. Most of the Hispanics in the class were Americans of Mexican ancestry. We considered her first as Hispanic and second as black. I just reconnected with her after 30 years on Facebook and have seen her a few times. Whenever we get together we laugh about all of the Latino attitudes and cultural norms that have infiltrated our lives despite our best efforts to repel them.

Last edited by Voyageuse; 11-10-2015 at 10:58 AM..

Old 11-10-2015, 11:15 AM

17,815 posts, read 25,642,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I can understand where the OP is coming from. Safety is something to be concerned about. Getting along with others is other something to think about.
The OP(who has no knowledge or experience of living in Southern CA) is just on here to "stir the pot".

His "friend" if she really even exists, better have a marketable skill set, 6 months of living expenses, and a halfway decent car to get her around in. If she doesn't have that, than nothing else matters.

Yes, safety is something to be concerned about, but what I listed needs to be the priorities. Not worrying about whether or not Mexicans will like her.

You treat most people decently they treat you decently back.

Old 11-10-2015, 02:30 PM

205 posts, read 409,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaphawoman View Post
Many Mexicans in the Southwest US don't even know there is such a thing as a black Hispanic.

According to kaphawoman Mexicans live in a cave in the middle of Antarctica. What a moronic thing to say.

Old 11-10-2015, 02:44 PM

722 posts, read 1,329,100 times
there are plenty of asians that will fight back, but I noticed the ones that usually get picked on are the ones that non asians can tell are not the fighting type or non aggressive types

they also target elderly asians because they know there is little chance on retaliation

Old 11-10-2015, 02:51 PM

4,918 posts, read 6,472,115 times
Mexican and black beef is mostly due to the prison system and fighting over the drug trade, it does not apply to the average citizen.

Old 11-10-2015, 03:19 PM

722 posts, read 1,329,100 times
a lot of the street thugs fear other street thugs because they know somebody from the same lower social class will have a much higher chance on fighting just to prove something.

People of lower social / economic class often target people of a higher class because they know they wont risk their life / career / criminal record over a low life thug

why would a person risk their job, family income, life over a stupid low life thug that wants to fight? most smart / mature people know it just isnt worth it.

a respectable person has too much to lose getting in fights just to show how tough they are

a low class loser has nothing to lose, thats why they want to fight

Old 11-10-2015, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
The OP(who has no knowledge or experience of living in Southern CA) is just on here to "stir the pot".

His "friend" if she really even exists, better have a marketable skill set, 6 months of living expenses, and a halfway decent car to get her around in. If she doesn't have that, than nothing else matters.

Yes, safety is something to be concerned about, but what I listed needs to be the priorities. Not worrying about whether or not Mexicans will like her.

You treat most people decently they treat you decently back.
How do we know if said person is stirring the pot? Maybe said person is asking because said person has not been to the area and has concerns.

I am the type of person who likes being like, and who general likes liking people. Being safe and being liked are two things that I do believe can co-exist. There are decent people, and there are bad people. However, with all the stuff revolving around racial tensions, there are people who will ask.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles