Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2015, 07:57 AM

115 posts, read 163,561 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MordinSolus View Post
Well this thread got weird...
Lmao this!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2015, 02:41 PM

29 posts, read 31,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurcoLoco View Post
Meet friends? She will have to make friends!
Unfortunately, it all boils down to the person, his/her personality and things s/he is passionate about should guide her to finding suitable candidates.

As others mentioned, at this day and age, probably the most sensible way is using the environment where the person shares with others doing common things, like classmates at school or other volunteers at an animal shelter, etc.

Meetup.com would work but if she is shy or nervous that could make it difficult, so instead, she should join a meetup group that doesn't focus on making friends. What the group's focus should depend on her hobbies and interests.

If she is primarily interested in meeting guys, then joining a knitting club on meetup.com would probably not be too fruitful.

What is she passionate about or like doing AND will be able to do in a group?

Whatever , it should be something that she could commit to based on her current work/school schedule. She should be realistic about her selection(s) but it really isn't that hard if she makes a practical and sincere choice.
Why thank you sir or madam for your input.

Old 01-25-2015, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKWildcat1981 View Post
This is a silly post, somebody is asking for trouble.
I didn't intend it that way, but I do find it comical (and sweet).

Old 01-25-2015, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Geek View Post
I refuse to be ignored!

It's ok, I'm too imature to be posting anyway.

Old 01-26-2015, 05:16 PM

242 posts, read 499,420 times
this doesn't sound like a parent that is posting but maybe an older brother posting for his younger sister or maybe a younger brother posting for his older sister.
have her volunteer at the humane society, there are always young kids there walking the dogs and cleaning the kennels.
maybe join zumba or the gym.

Old 01-26-2015, 10:43 PM

10,097 posts, read 10,011,473 times
Considering how defensive people are in this city, and justifiably so, meeting friends outside of a social setting like work or church or school is difficult. LA is not like whatever town you came from where you can make friends with someone in the street or at a bar, cafe etc. Angelenos think its kinda weird to meet people thats not a designated "make a friend" spot like work, church, school, social gathering.

Old 01-26-2015, 11:16 PM

3,190 posts, read 3,185,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by radiolibre99 View Post
Considering how defensive people are in this city, and justifiably so, meeting friends outside of a social setting like work or church or school is difficult. LA is not like whatever town you came from where you can make friends with someone in the street or at a bar, cafe etc. Angelenos think its kinda weird to meet people thats not a designated "make a friend" spot like work, church, school, social gathering.
dude wat

Old 01-27-2015, 09:24 PM

10,097 posts, read 10,011,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MordinSolus View Post
dude wat
What do you mean "dude wat"?

I meant that many Angelenos are a bit weary about just making friends in random places. They're a bit skeptical at first and rightfully so. I've noticed its easier to meet people in social settings like church, work, school or a meet up group.

Old 01-27-2015, 09:57 PM

1,238 posts, read 1,830,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by radiolibre99 View Post
What do you mean "dude wat"?

I meant that many Angelenos are a bit weary about just making friends in random places. They're a bit skeptical at first and rightfully so. I've noticed its easier to meet people in social settings like church, work, school or a meet up group.
And many Angelenos like to use broad sweeping generalizations as if they were fact. Oop.

Old 01-28-2015, 01:03 AM

363 posts, read 433,410 times
She's only 19 so I think she should get a part-time job for fun, I would recommend for her to be a waitress since she will meet a lot of co-workers her age, and interact with all kinds of customers. I also recommend she does something she likes by going outside like go to a zumba class, or kickboxing class if she's crazy about working out, even dance schools or dance classes for fun.

She also needs to be open about it if she goes to a class like introducing herself and say she just moved here, asking about areas that are fun is a good ice breaker after saying you just moved to the area. Just tell her to go out more often in general, sometimes I go to coffee shops to do my school work which is a good place to meet people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles