Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-22-2015, 02:15 PM

2 posts, read 1,738 times

Advertisements

I moved in the apt 2months ago

its pretty cool and chip so I like it

but after I moved in this place

the person who lives next from my room<my room is 11 she lives in room 10>starts complain to me about im smoking inside my bedroom

the weird thing is she hang the laundry on my window
<the window is my bedroom window and when u see the outside of window there is metal bar for thief >
she always hang the laudry more then 20 clothes in my window the bar

its feels really bad to me because I cannot see anything though window and its block sunshine to my room

But when I asked to her to move it and asked the reason

she said she used to do that before I came and told me like why I stop doing this I did it before u came
I guess the resident who lives before me very very kind person or don't care about it

but not me

its really bother and I want my window back for sunshine and fresh air

and its passing 2months which is nowdays

she starts complain about im smoking

the reason why when I smoking inside my bedroom
her laundry smells like smoke so she told me when u want to smoke go outside building or stop smoking

can u believe what she said?

Im smoking inside my room its my property

I never agree with she can hang the laundry but she did and complain her laundry smell smoking? insane!!@

and she called the apartment manager and told him like the guy who live in room 11 smoking and throw to outside rest of smoke
and told to manager again like she felt very uncomfortable and angry so fix my problem

but what im gonna say is my window is sealed blocked

its sliding door and outerside there is screen and its not moving u know the mosquito screen but its built in

when she started complain about smoking I agree and trying to smoke less for her and I told her to stop hang the laundry
she never do that to me how selfish@@@!! and now

she lying to our apt manager about trash and trying to kick me out from apt

I cant believe this kind of person lives in our world

I do have my right right?

I spoke with manager about this

he said ok he will figure it out for me

but nothing changed

I call police department for advise it but

they said call the lawyer

im student I don't have enough money for hire lawyer about this but

I want to make it right

this is unbelieveble

advise me I want something legal action

please

Last edited by ednho0211; 01-22-2015 at 02:26 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2015, 02:26 PM

1,238 posts, read 1,830,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ednho0211 View Post
the person who lives in my room starts complain to me about im smoking inside my bedroom
This is extremely confusing. Are you sharing an apartment with someone else and they are hanging their clothes off your bedroom windows? Are you sharing a room with someone else and they are hanging their clothes off of your shared bedroom windows? Or is it a neighbor living in your building who is hanging their clothes off your bedroom windows? This information will make a huge difference in the answers you get.

Old 01-22-2015, 02:32 PM

2 posts, read 1,738 times
im sorry about ur confusing

I rent the apt room number 11

she lives another apt room number 10

but its same building

I made my own contract with apartment management

im not sharing

the neighbor lives right next to me do this on my window

please help

Old 01-22-2015, 03:46 PM

1,238 posts, read 1,830,649 times
Well first off, the smoking thing is gross. My neighbor below me smokes on his balcony and if I have my windows facing his balcony open, it drifts into my dining room. So I can see how extremely annoying this might be from her case. Chances are if you're smoking in your bedroom which shares a wall with her unit, she can smell it. The smoking is most likely annoying her just as much as your blocked windows.

1. Perhaps since you both do something that annoys the other, you can compromise and not do the two things. You smoke outside your apartment (better for everything you own anyway) and she not drape her clothes over your bedroom windows. Have a conversation about the two things and see if you can meet in the middle.

2. If that doesn't work, start documenting everything in writing. Write a letter to her, write one to the owner of the complex, document document document! Communicate with the manager that you are unhappy with the current situation. Let them know what you've done to address the situation both verbally and formally in writing. The police aren't going to care about laundry over your windows. And it would be a petty waste of money to enlist the help of a lawyer.

3. If that doesn't work, fight back. Chances are she wants to keep the clothes she's laundering. Every time you catch an article of clothing of hers blocking your bedroom window, remove it. Set it in front of her door. If you start manhandling her stuff, she'll be more wary of what she puts in your reach.

4. Keep it. It got lost. Trash it. It fell off your window and onto the ground.

5. Become Dracula and embrace the darkness in your bedroom.

Old 01-22-2015, 04:03 PM

3,190 posts, read 3,185,549 times
Tell her that her clothes wouldn't smell like cigarette smoke if she hung them in her own window. If that doesn't work just kick her in the cooter. And then ask her why there isn't a drier in the complex.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles