Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2015, 01:25 PM

170 posts, read 234,327 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbell75 View Post
Wait, you are going to move to a ghetto dump like Highland Park or Echo Park rather than a great city like Dallas? Are you serious? Are you Mexican? HP is 72% Mexican and EP is like 70% Mexican and both are filled with gangs. Better pack your Raider hats, Dodger jerseys and guns. Please do some research before making a giant mistake.

The Gangs of Echo Park - Los Angeles Magazine
...and you my friend get the award for least politically correct post of the day. Congrats.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2015, 01:49 PM

2,821 posts, read 3,537,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterlemonjello View Post
Dallas has plenty of areas with Mexican gangs.
Are there? Please list the cities/neighborhoods in Dallas as bad as Echo Park with 6 major gangs so bad the courts had to issue gang injunctions.

Old 02-18-2015, 01:51 PM

4,918 posts, read 6,467,718 times
I have to agree with MBEll about the LA Gangs are notoriously racist and bad the Mexicans are known to kill blacks and push them out of their neighborhoods, none of that happens in Dallas.

Old 02-18-2015, 02:09 PM

13,384 posts, read 25,739,757 times
Quote:
Are there? Please list the cities/neighborhoods in Dallas as bad as Echo Park with 6 major gangs so bad the courts had to issue gang injunctions.
I said there are areas of Dallas with Mexican gangs and that is very much true. Im didnt compare the two.

Old 02-18-2015, 02:26 PM

2,821 posts, read 3,537,463 times
Quote:
I said there are areas of Dallas with Mexican gangs and that is very much true. Im didnt compare the two.
Ok, which areas specifically?

Old 02-18-2015, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Ok, which areas specifically?
Oak Cliff, Webb Chappel, Pleasant Grove, East Dallas, South Irving, and South Garland. The first three I listed would have the most in my opinion. Here is a reference below:

Modern Tribalist: Dallas street gangs: 59% Hispanic, 39% African-American and 2% other

Just curious, did you not know there are street gangs in Dallas? The city is 44% Hispanic after all and there are areas of poverty where Hispanics dominate as a demographic. How could there not be a presence of Hispanic gangs?

Old 02-18-2015, 02:47 PM

2,414 posts, read 3,486,062 times
Quote:
Oak Cliff, Webb Chappel, Pleasant Grove, East Dallas, South Irving, and South Garland. The first three I listed would have the most in my opinion. Here is a reference below:

Modern Tribalist: Dallas street gangs: 59% Hispanic, 39% African-American and 2% other

Just curious, did you not know there are street gangs in Dallas? The city is 44% Hispanic after all and there are areas of poverty where Hispanics dominate as a demographic. How could there not be a presence of Hispanic gangs?
Um... I'm sure there are gangs, but that link is a blog from 2007, and it was talking about Garland not Dallas. I'm sure the people in the article are either in prison, dead, or have managed to turn their life around since then.

Plus, the neighborhoods you mentioned are nowhere near the neighborhoods the OP has stated an interest in. I dont even know where gang members could afford to live in East Dallas at this point. Not sure what the point of your post was

Old 02-18-2015, 03:04 PM

9,725 posts, read 15,168,897 times
Doesn't Dallas have a higher violent crime rate than Los Angeles?

NYCdata: Total Crime Index - NYC vs. Other Cities

Violent crime rate (lower is better)
Los Angeles: 426.0
Dallas: 663.7

The murder rate in Dallas is 11.4. In Los Angeles, it's only 6.5

Old 02-18-2015, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnieinDallas View Post
Um... I'm sure there are gangs, but that link is a blog from 2007, and it was talking about Garland not Dallas. I'm sure the people in the article are either in prison, dead, or have managed to turn their life around since then.

Plus, the neighborhoods you mentioned are nowhere near the neighborhoods the OP has stated an interest in. I dont even know where gang members could afford to live in East Dallas at this point. Not sure what the point of your post was
When I said East Dallas, think Jim Miller and 30.

Here is the point of my post, I cant imagine anyone possibly thinking there are no Hispanic gangs here or even that the presense is minimal. There was a poster who seemed to imply that there are no gangs here. Of course gang activity is not on the level of LA, but its also not non-existant.

I didnt start this conversation about gangs.

Old 02-18-2015, 03:11 PM

2,414 posts, read 3,486,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
Doesn't Dallas have a higher violent crime rate than Los Angeles?

NYCdata: Total Crime Index - NYC vs. Other Cities

Violent crime rate (lower is better)
Los Angeles: 426.0
Dallas: 663.7

The murder rate in Dallas is 11.4. In Los Angeles, it's only 6.5
Citywide crime statistics are absolutely useless. The most accurate way to compare would be by zip code, neighborhood VS neighborhood.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles