Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-23-2015, 07:39 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,454,917 times

Advertisements

Building and development seems to be moving along pretty strong right now across the country. What are some interesting projects going on in the L.A area. I am looking forward to the USC Village project and also the Westfield Topanga Village project...the village name seems popular these days!

What are some development or redevelopment projects you have heard of or are looking forward to in the L.A area?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2015, 08:05 AM

1,235 posts, read 1,769,447 times
Downtown LA:
-Wilshire Grand, Fig Central, the Broad museum, the Block (Macy's Plaza) and several 20 plus story residential towers to name just a few.

DTLA RISING with Brigham Yen

The Elysian Valley (or "Frogtown" as some call it) is nestled along the LA River and can be a test case how development occurs along the river as the city/region reclaims the river as a natural greenspace. Roughly the area bound by Glendale/Eagle Rock where the 5 freeway meets the 2.

This proposed project adjacent to the river would include live/work units (including affordable units) and 15,000 square feet of retail.
First Look at First Big Mixed-User on the LA River in Frogtown - Rendering Reveal - Curbed LA

Old 02-23-2015, 08:34 AM

2,436 posts, read 2,794,475 times
My favorite projects, so far:

USC Village: https://village.usc.edu/

Bringing Back Broadway: The City of Los Angeles : Bringing Back Broadway : HOME

The Bloc: The BLOC

Old 02-23-2015, 10:38 AM

1,319 posts, read 2,197,089 times
Runyon | PLATFORM

Old 02-23-2015, 11:19 AM

1,238 posts, read 1,830,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yby1 View Post
Well that company name was extremely misleading.

Old 02-23-2015, 06:13 PM

1,631 posts, read 2,387,016 times
I think the Expo Phase 2 is my favorite project because it will be operating soon (late this year or early next). So much potential for for (re)development. Culver City station has a lot going on, Bundy Station has several projects, Bergamot Station (isn't that in limbo?), and Santa Monica Station has many projects.

For individual projects, I think the Broad Museum; I love museums, esp. free ones. I also like a new shiny supertalls with an observation deck. I think this summer, the observation decks to the US Bank building should be open, no? While expensive ($25 or something like that) I would pay once in a while esp. if I have friends or family visiting. I love the views from the free City Hall observation deck, but imagine views of something almost 3x times higher.

Old 02-23-2015, 07:34 PM

9,725 posts, read 15,170,027 times
There is a whole LOT of building going on in Glendale right now. Big buildings, all close to Brand and Central. I think they may be apartments or condos but I'm not sure.

Old 02-23-2015, 07:39 PM

490 posts, read 660,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetLegal View Post
Downtown LA:

The Elysian Valley (or "Frogtown" as some call it) is nestled along the LA River and can be a test case how development occurs along the river as the city/region reclaims the river as a natural greenspace. Roughly the area bound by Glendale/Eagle Rock where the 5 freeway meets the 2.

This proposed project adjacent to the river would include live/work units (including affordable units) and 15,000 square feet of retail.
First Look at First Big Mixed-User on the LA River in Frogtown - Rendering Reveal - Curbed LA
^^ This will be interesting to see. Especially when the Corps start work on the LA River.

The Beverly Hills/Century City border is something I'm looking forward to experiencing.
The 12 story Waldorf Astoria is going up on the corner of Wilshire & SMB, most likely adjacent to two condo towers next to it. Then, on the opposite side of the Hilton, is the Richard Meier/WANDA group project buildings that are two ultra-luxury condo towers. Across the street is 10000 SMB that is currently rising (also condos) and the Westfield tower is getting demolished and replaced. The Westfield Mall is getting expanded. The purple line is coming (eventually). And what most exciting to me is Beverly Hills' plan to Redesign Santa Monica Blvd, it is in desperate need of upgrading to a modern urban streetscape. The intersection of SMB and Wilshire already sucks balls too, so all this development should make it almost comical.

Building Los Angeles: Big Century City/Beverly Hills Developments Get Moving
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles