Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-06-2015, 11:53 PM

362 posts, read 543,788 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know of a wholesaler/used car dealer that I could approach to sell my 2009 Audi A4 (83K miles)? It needs a new engine and must be towed to wherever I take it.

Here's the story: My car died while we were traveling westbound on the 210 freeway yesterday. I was with my 15 year-old son. Luckily, our phones were charged, we got CHP assistance and were towed off the freeway within 15 minutes. It was all very nerve-wracking.

The car needs a new engine, which the dealer estimates will run $14K. Obviously, I have no intention of the dealer replacing the engine, but if I were to do it, I would take it to another mechanic.

The truth is, I'm sick of this car. In the past two years I have replaced the following: pistons, motor mounts, fuel injectors, alternator and a battery; and I babied this car. Even my service advisor at Rusnak Audi was surprised that this happened, especially considering how mindful I am of regular maintenance/repairs. He said that it looks like a spark plug broke and a piece of it got wedged in the engine causing it to fail.

The car was paid off a long time ago. My sense is that I'm better off getting rid of the car rather than fixing it. Sure, I could replace the engine, but you know it's just a matter of time before something else (read: expensive) breaks.

I'm stressed and angry right now. My husband and I have noticed that when we're under stress, we usually make bad financial decisions, so if anyone has some suggestions for dealers or alternate recommendations, could you please share them with me? Thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles