Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2008, 11:14 AM

92 posts, read 409,378 times

Advertisements

Hey all! I will be moving to LA at the end of the month and I am wondering where to get good, authentic Mexican food. I love little hole-in-the-wall joints...can anyone reccommend a place?

PS I will be living in the 90027 zip code. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2008, 11:46 AM

26,329 posts, read 93,729,143 times
I didn't even bother to look at the zip. The hole in the wall places are all over. You are correct they are the best - especially for the money. If you see a bunch of 1980s Toyota pickup trucks loaded with lawnmowers and gardening equipment parked there, then you have found a good place.

You're making me hungry.

Carne Asada burrito, extra onions and cilantro. No cheese, no guacamole, no sour cream, no other gringo ingredients.

While he's making it, I'm chowing down on about ten little plastic cups of salsa from the little salsa cart. And eating the chilled radishes too.

Last edited by Charles; 01-13-2008 at 12:00 PM..

Old 01-13-2008, 12:34 PM

11,715 posts, read 40,438,984 times
Hey Charles, have you found any good Mexican places in Colorado yet?

Old 01-13-2008, 12:38 PM

10,447 posts, read 49,643,906 times
I only want to politely add this:

The amount of hatred for Mexicans, especially the illegal ones is as high as it can get. No one wants them here taking this and that from us and burdening us with this and that.

But you want their food? Is this 2 faced city or what? Besides, that food is gross. And I love different foods, including some weird ones that most of you would not eat. But Mexican food is just awful.

What do you do with that green goo anyway?

Old 01-13-2008, 01:17 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,729,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscapeCalifornia View Post
Hey Charles, have you found any good Mexican places in Colorado yet?
From the Colorado forums:

//www.city-data.com/forum/color...ican-food.html

//www.city-data.com/forum/denve...eal-where.html

//www.city-data.com/forum/color...as-county.html

//www.city-data.com/forum/denve...ican-food.html

//www.city-data.com/forum/denve...lian-food.html

Old 01-13-2008, 01:36 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,945,093 times
Las Fuentes in Reseda is excellent.

Ramona's Mexican food in Hawthorn near El Camino College is also terrrific.

El Cholos in LA is also very good.

There is a small hole-in-the-wall place in Downtown Los Angeles across the street from the Mayan Theater that has the best tacos.

Old 01-13-2008, 02:10 PM

10,028 posts, read 9,500,216 times
I love their carne asada.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBeez View Post
Las Fuentes in Reseda is excellent.

Old 01-13-2008, 06:17 PM

8,256 posts, read 17,336,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun41 View Post

The amount of hatred for Mexicans, especially the illegal ones is as high as it can get. No one wants them here taking this and that from us and burdening us with this and that.

But you want their food? Is this 2 faced city or what? Besides, that food is gross. And I love different foods, including some weird ones that most of you would not eat. But Mexican food is just awful.

We don't hate Mexicans, we hate illegal immigrants.

Mexican food is the best kind of food. If I ever move from SoCal up to NYC that's what I'll miss the most.

Old 01-13-2008, 08:48 PM

92 posts, read 409,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun41 View Post

Oh, goodness, I certainly don't hate Mexican people. My aunt is from Mexico, I worked in a Mexican resturant for 3 years and I speak fluent Spanish.

And I adore Mexican food. Thanks for the recommendations, I will have to check them out! I love things like tacos de al pastor and tacos de lengua. Yummy!

Old 01-14-2008, 08:52 PM

236 posts, read 1,141,088 times
Carmens in Azusa is a family favorite for the past 25 years!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles