Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2015, 09:27 PM

362 posts, read 543,924 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by erin_elise_ View Post
yes ladera heights is a beautiful community, that LA is lucky to have.

So you can see why i was flabbergasted when jeffsandimas described it as such including but not limited to calling ladera a "upper scale crenshaw neighhorbood", "harlem", "urban ghetto", and saving the best for last lol a "cracked out urban ghetto", in addition to telling me to go an buy some food with my WIC card. classy right.

so yes, I do not respond to his posts anymore, nor do i think anyone else should on here too.

his full on assault of a great neighborhood was beyond disgusting, and frankly, I am glad other posters on here haven noticed it.

he deserves to be ignored because clearly he is NO expert on LA communities. He should stick to San Dimas or wherever he originates.
I've got your back, sweetie. My admin.'s neighborhood in Ladera Heights made my three-block-from-the-beach-south-Redondo neighborhood look like a shanty-town. That was well before the McMansionization of RB, but that's a topic for another post.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2015, 09:34 PM

496 posts, read 574,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voyageuse View Post
I've got your back, sweetie. My admin.'s neighborhood in Ladera Heights made my three-block-from-the-beach-south-Redondo neighborhood look like a shanty-town. That was well before the McMansionization of RB, but that's a topic for another post.

i LOVE redondo btw!!! i love the beach cities! such a laid back vibe to me.

LA is lucky to have the beach cities!

Old 04-02-2015, 02:40 PM

1,319 posts, read 2,197,308 times
I remember ghetto Redondo.

Old 04-02-2015, 08:04 PM

10,681 posts, read 6,115,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffSanDimas View Post
Not a troll post, I just hate seeing seeing all of these trashy and undesirable people in what should be a pristine area filled with pristine people...it's freakin' Hollywood.
It's grime, big city, big grime. I love grit. Makes the city more interesting, graffiti, old buildings. Just wish there wasn't homeless(not saying push them out, but wish they had a better life).

Old 04-02-2015, 08:43 PM

Location: Simi Valley, California - which was once part of the USA
350 posts, read 537,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
It's grime, big city, big grime. I love grit. Makes the city more interesting, graffiti, old buildings. Just wish there wasn't homeless(not saying push them out, but wish they had a better life).
Brentwood or Manhattans Upper East Side is big city urban but with no grime or grit.

As for the homeless, I couldn't care where they go as long as I don't have to see them outside of the apartment I pay thousands for.

Old 04-02-2015, 10:00 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,458,447 times
Regarding homeless...I was just in Santa Monica last night after having a nice dinner near the beach and was approached randomly by a crazy homeless person...it wasn't the normal approaching and asking for money , but he was coming towards us with some sort of mat that he had in his hands and was saying , "what are you?" ...it was very scary , I had been randomly attacked by a homeless person that threw a full soda can at me when I was younger. I think it's a shame that L.A and the city of Santa Monica allow this type of thing to happen. It's definately NOT the same in other cities even in L.A county.

The homeless shouldn't be allowed to just do whatever they want. Before this there were some other homeless about a block away that were eating pizza on the street and one yelled something at me , but I just ignored it.

The guy actually going towards me as if he was going to attack me was obviously much more serious though...

With this being in Santa Monica, with rents higher than Beverly Hills...perhaps one could ask ,"Why is Santa Monica not really gentrified in 2015".

I lived in Hollywood and would walk around the streets but never encountered anything like that before .

Old 04-02-2015, 10:28 PM

4,213 posts, read 8,307,390 times
Quote:
Brentwood or Manhattans Upper East Side is big city urban but with no grime or grit.

As for the homeless, I couldn't care where they go as long as I don't have to see them outside of the apartment I pay thousands for.

Well where are they supposed to go? as long as they don't bug you why should you care? Let the homeless be.

Old 04-02-2015, 10:29 PM

4,213 posts, read 8,307,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Regarding homeless...I was just in Santa Monica last night after having a nice dinner near the beach and was approached randomly by a crazy homeless person...it wasn't the normal approaching and asking for money , but he was coming towards us with some sort of mat that he had in his hands and was saying , "what are you?" ...it was very scary , I had been randomly attacked by a homeless person that threw a full soda can at me when I was younger. I think it's a shame that L.A and the city of Santa Monica allow this type of thing to happen. It's definately NOT the same in other cities even in L.A county.

The homeless shouldn't be allowed to just do whatever they want. Before this there were some other homeless about a block away that were eating pizza on the street and one yelled something at me , but I just ignored it.

The guy actually going towards me as if he was going to attack me was obviously much more serious though...

With this being in Santa Monica, with rents higher than Beverly Hills...perhaps one could ask ,"Why is Santa Monica not really gentrified in 2015".

I lived in Hollywood and would walk around the streets but never encountered anything like that before .

Put yourself in their shoes. I'm surprised more homeless haven't murdered. I mean, in some ways, life in prison is better than being on the streets. You get 3 hots and a cot, showers, the best medical care, TV, gym, library, endless sex, etc. Be nice to them.

Old 04-02-2015, 10:33 PM

1,235 posts, read 1,769,667 times
Quote:

I get it now...you are not a racist or a faux elitist. You are just plain boring. When I was in college Times Square was a cesspool of fun and intrigue. But if you prefer the Disney, G-rated version at 21 years old you need to just retire to the old folks home right now.

If Mr. Tom Waits was singing tonight at a faded old Hollywood motel you would be too ignorant and scared to show up.....may the devil run you out of town for good.

Old 04-02-2015, 10:37 PM

Location: Simi Valley, California - which was once part of the USA
350 posts, read 537,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by disgruntled la native View Post
Well where are they supposed to go? as long as they don't bug you why should you care? Let the homeless be.
They make an area feel seedy, and like you said they lead very desperate lives. It's nothing for them to rob me, best case they get some credit cards and an iPhone, worst case they go to LA County Jail and get a bed a place to sleep.

We should create one area in the city and centralize all of them and ban their activities elsewhere. Somewhere already undesirable and gross, like Pacoima or Arleta or something. Skid Row already exists but give it 5 years and it won't because that real estate is too valuable. That will disperse those low life's all around town.

I feel very little sympathy for the homeless, there are jobs available if you want them, there are cheap rooms to rent and SROs available if you can't get your own place etc. In CA with all of our welfare programs there isn't any excuse to be homeless.

If they are mentally ill, they should be in an institution. Not on the streets. CA didn't have a homeless problem from the period of the Okies/Dust bowl migrants all the way until the late 70s/early 80s when the asylums closed. Lock em up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles