Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-17-2015, 11:11 AM

2 posts, read 1,887 times

Advertisements

Here's the situation , I feel so stupid I can't believe this is happening . I started renting a room about five years ago from a family , husband wife three kids. The reason I moved in here is because I'm on a fixed income and wanted to live close to my daughter and mother and help with my grandkids And my daughter's in laws were close with the family and suggested this place No I do not have any receipts or proof oher than witnesses and mail .So I lived here about four months .But went to take care of a friend who was dying of stage zfour lung cancer. After my friend had passed I asked if the room was stiill available and they said of course and that I was a good tenant .I eventually asked if they would rent room as a couple room because my boyfriend was having a hard time and they agreed . This whole time I didn't know the couple were getting a divorce . So the wife and children moved out. My boyfriend and the landlords wife didn't get along and about a month before she asked him to leave buntil she moved out and he did . Since Idisabled and home all day I was raised to always treat another person's property better than how I received it out of grAtitude and respect .so my boyfriend came back I'm paying xtra rent and everything was going fine . And then we got a new roommate to rent a room . Hrs very bossy and rude smoking in the house giving one of his friends a key to our house so I complained but the owner acts like I have no rights . I 've lived here 3 years but I have no say cu z it's not my house I 've even bought the house washer and dryer and got the plumbing fixed on y dime . And then my daughter had husband problems so landlord rented her. A Room I've lived here 3 years boyfriend has been hear a year and a half . Daughter like 5 months . And then my other daughter shows up and I know it's too many people so she was here a week and landlord charged her My two daughters found a room to rent . And my landlord after collecting their money and mine .says the manager wants us out and is giving me a 90 day verbal I said I should get a warning first and a chance to take care of the problem which I agree but it was a family emergency and she wasn't here violating the guest/tenant policy so it felt very unfair plus he lied and said my boyfriend commuted a crime and can't be here that it's not him kocki g us out it's park management But my landlord would not show me the notice . So knowing there was no validity and it's an illegal eviction .I went and talked to management to find out we were never even put on the lease so she cannot evict me because so am not a tenant my landlord is. The other power trippin roommate is the type that secretly has complaints and has been heard by everyone saying things against us to my landlord and he's said they're turning this into a no female house . Ok that's fine but HE COULDNT HAVE BEEN HONEST ABOUT IT AND REASONABLE SO WE ALL LIVE TOGETHER I told my kids why bother leaving now dice he wouldn't let me correct the overcrowded problem and I got thrown out anyway might as well stay and this house is under a fake be I feel so betrayed t that this guy comes and whispers vs to my landlord and he's going against me he's bothering me and making my life he'll because he doesn't think that he had to server me a legal eviction. I'm in a big mess I want out so bad and I don't make enough money to have my own place I had no idea my daughter's were going to leave their husbands they both work
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2015, 11:35 AM

2 posts, read 1,887 times
I'm 7,000 in debt on my credit score but I have about five items that are not valid One is an old eviction which I don't know is valid because I was renting anin habitable apt for which I sued the complex for furniture losses due to bedbug infestation . And the others are medical bill collections but I'm disabled so my medical has always been covered . I just want my own lil rent to own fixxer upper. I'm so tired of not being able to live privately due to finances

Old 04-17-2015, 11:55 AM

4,795 posts, read 4,806,376 times
move someplace cheaper?

Old 04-17-2015, 12:17 PM

1,898 posts, read 2,823,129 times
Forget all the drama you posted since it is all irrelevant. The bottom line is that you do not have a lease. As such, under CA law, you are only entitled to a 60 day notice to vacate....NO reason is needed. If you fail to vacate, your landlord can start a formal eviction. Since you already have 1 eviction on your record, having two will make it impossible to rent elsewhere for many many years. I suggest you start packing.

Old 04-17-2015, 12:18 PM

280 posts, read 324,633 times
That was impossible to digest without paragraphs.

But the above poster is probably spot-on.

Old 04-17-2015, 12:26 PM

4,795 posts, read 4,806,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcmtcm View Post
That was impossible to digest without paragraphs.

But the above poster is probably spot-on.
+1. Grammar and spelling go a long way.

But nothing good will come from any decision other than finding another place to live asap. Sounds like OP is subletting and has no legal binding agreement of any kind and possibly the actual owner of the property didn't agree to have this person living on premises? So basically a squatter who already has an eviction and destroyed credit and wants to "rent to buy" the room they are squatting in. I love L.A.!

Old 04-17-2015, 10:21 PM

37,097 posts, read 42,103,316 times
I could read the first few words then you lost me..sorry. Move somewhere else, you aren't welcome there anymore. Don't cause problems or you won't be able to rent anywhere else, ever.

Old 04-18-2015, 01:04 PM

8,452 posts, read 14,998,391 times
So why can't your boyfriend get a job?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles