Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2015, 05:31 PM

4,795 posts, read 4,823,491 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 909er View Post
Lived in Gee-len-DALE for 3 years. Besides the ones that scam everyone, and the ones that drag race all over and make the streets treacherous, oh wait...
There is a whole gang of young armenian men on my street with hot rodded BMW and Mercedes who race up and down my residential street every f'n day. My wife and I have asked them nicely to not do that and also not to block our driveway which they always do while they hang out and smoke. Sunday we went out for the 10th time or so to tell the same kids to move and they start yelling at us and one goes as far as to call my pregnant wife a "f'n *****". I'm not going to condemn all Armenians but it seems like most men, especially young ones have no respect. They throw their trash out the window of their car onto the street we live on and treat women with no respect. I threw my drink at one guy's car and had to do everything in my power to stop from beating 4 12 year old looking skinny inbred morons into the pavement. Luckily we will be moving soon and one guy is going to have four slashed tires the day I leave.

If you are Armenian and reading this, sorry if I offend you. If you are offended you are one of these types. If you are not , then you should talk to your brothers and cousins and friends and tell them to grow up and learn to be men. One day they are going to f with the wrong person. I am a lawful, second amendment following American and if I didn't have a family and a good job I would have been that wrong person on Sunday for those 4 kids

Old 04-21-2015, 05:35 PM

I went to a Starbucks in Glendale last week and a young guy in a 100k BMW 7 series parked in handicap spot. An elderly hispanic woman told him he can't park there and it was against the law. He proceeded to yell at the woman and say "I break the law everyday!"

...a proud people

Old 04-21-2015, 05:47 PM

39 posts, read 164,108 times
I too would like to know why there is a whole movement around getting the genocide recognized.

The cynic in me believes it has to do with some reparation ($$$ or government benefits, here in the US or elsewhere) that Armenians would be able to claim if its declared a genocide. Although I'll gladly point out my (limited) internet research leads me to believe this may not be the case.

Maybe it has to do with this being a bonding experience for the Armenian community? Something they can come together and band together against an entity and strengthen their ties to each other in the community. Or maybe since it involved their (grand)parents, it still feels close to their heart and they just want the dignity of having the massacre be recognized.

I will point out that although here in the US someone can fly whatever flag they choose (and I recognize that right), I personally feel embarrassed and cringe when someone of my "race" waves their non-US flag. I think it's disrespectful to this country, IMO.

Old 04-21-2015, 06:25 PM

822 posts, read 1,284,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanms3030 View Post
There is a whole gang of young armenian men on my street with hot rodded BMW and Mercedes who race up and down my residential street every f'n day. My wife and I have asked them nicely to not do that and also not to block our driveway which they always do while they hang out and smoke. Sunday we went out for the 10th time or so to tell the same kids to move and they start yelling at us and one goes as far as to call my pregnant wife a "f'n *****". I'm not going to condemn all Armenians but it seems like most men, especially young ones have no respect. They throw their trash out the window of their car onto the street we live on and treat women with no respect. I threw my drink at one guy's car and had to do everything in my power to stop from beating 4 12 year old looking skinny inbred morons into the pavement. Luckily we will be moving soon and one guy is going to have four slashed tires the day I leave.

If you are Armenian and reading this, sorry if I offend you. If you are offended you are one of these types. If you are not , then you should talk to your brothers and cousins and friends and tell them to grow up and learn to be men. One day they are going to f with the wrong person. I am a lawful, second amendment following American and if I didn't have a family and a good job I would have been that wrong person on Sunday for those 4 kids
IMO you shouldn't slash someones tires or damage another's property unless you are ready to face 5-0 and/or the property owner. I hope you are just blowing off steam as it seems really dumb to do what you threat to do.

Old 04-21-2015, 06:47 PM

452 posts, read 619,917 times
I can't stand all those damn Armenian flags flying around my country. That's the main reason I left Glendale.

Every time I stepped to one about it, they just run away. Just like they left their own country I suppose. One dude spit at me once. Real tough.

Old 04-21-2015, 06:47 PM

1,616 posts, read 2,490,444 times
Quote:
So even Obama has come out and declared the "event" was not genocide. But seriously, please explain to me wtf Armenian genocide, massacre or whatever at the hands of Turks has to do with the United States? Seriously, I am an American who has lived in Glendale for 5 years and I still don't get it. Why do Armenians need to drive around waving Armenian flags on their cars? Seriously, as an American, I find that highly disrespectful. If I moved to another country and decided to drive around flying an American flag I would probably be killed. More importantly, if I decided to leave my country and move to a much better country there would be a reason and I would want to assimilate into that country and culture.
Same thing the never ending reminders of the Holocaust have to do with America.

Old 04-21-2015, 07:55 PM

29,514 posts, read 22,653,459 times
Armenian Power?

Old 04-21-2015, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
I'm sure the kids across the street from me are members. They try extra hard to look like gangsters covered in tattoos, all have shaved head, dress in all black and basically look like Mexican gang members. They all have expensive cars and apparently no jobs and they come and go at least 20 times a day. Usually they stop by for 2 minutes while one guy runs out of the car into the house and comes right back out which makes me certain they are dealing drugs. Also every time I threaten to call the cops they get all worked up and scared. And of course I came home tonight and there is another one in his giant livery suv blocking my drive way. There was enough room to park 3 of his suvs on the curb right behind him so why does he choose to block my driveway? It's truly one of the most disrespectful cultures I've ever been around. I have lived around large communities of Mexicans, Salvadorians, Puerto Ricans, Brazilians, Dominicans, Haitians, various other south/central Americans, every variety of Asian, Indians, Pakistanis, and even Middle Eastern Muslims and never had problems like this

Old 04-21-2015, 08:37 PM

9,725 posts, read 15,171,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 909er View Post
Lived in Gee-len-DALE for 3 years. Besides the ones that scam everyone, and the ones that drag race all over and make the streets treacherous, oh wait...

But I'm just a real American born and raised in the Midwest...and was culture shocked out of Glendale...heard it was an amazing city 20 years ago...what do I know
It was virtually the same 20 years ago, just with a few less businesses. 30 years ago, it was pretty much the same too.

Old 04-21-2015, 08:42 PM

9,725 posts, read 15,171,221 times
Quote:
I'm sure the kids across the street from me are members. They try extra hard to look like gangsters covered in tattoos, all have shaved head, dress in all black and basically look like Mexican gang members. They all have expensive cars and apparently no jobs and they come and go at least 20 times a day. Usually they stop by for 2 minutes while one guy runs out of the car into the house and comes right back out which makes me certain they are dealing drugs. Also every time I threaten to call the cops they get all worked up and scared. And of course I came home tonight and there is another one in his giant livery suv blocking my drive way. There was enough room to park 3 of his suvs on the curb right behind him so why does he choose to block my driveway? It's truly one of the most disrespectful cultures I've ever been around. I have lived around large communities of Mexicans, Salvadorians, Puerto Ricans, Brazilians, Dominicans, Haitians, various other south/central Americans, every variety of Asian, Indians, Pakistanis, and even Middle Eastern Muslims and never had problems like this
Thankfully, most of them are not like this -- but there are a few who are PITAs. Mostly young guys.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles