Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-22-2015, 06:39 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,458,447 times

Advertisements

Pacoima is often the butt of jokes and could be viewed as the worst neighborhoods in the city of L.A

I read this article about efforts to redevelop the area and attract small businesses. It's from last year but I thought it was interesting.

Main Street economic renaissance planned for Pacoima - LA Times

The idea is to create a "Downtown Culver City" type development. The article also seems to feel that a Starbucks would be a good catalyst for growth, not too sure if that would be necessary.

Would be nice to see some positive change in this area.

What do you think? Does Pacoima have any chance of improving considerably allowing for a better quality of life for the residents of the area?

Also I know there is a Brewery that opened in Pacoima about a year ago. Breweries are probably one of the most hipster businesses around. I haven't had a chance to check it out yet .

http://www.yelp.com/biz/pac-city-brewery-los-angeles

Hope to check it out sometime soon. I'm close to Pacoima myself. 'Pacoima Adjacent" lol .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2015, 06:57 PM

8,342 posts, read 6,431,022 times
When you import poverty guess what you get, poverty. The very poor have to compete with even poorer new immagrants so its not going to change. These poor immagrants are brainwashed to vote for Democrats and thats why this state is such a hellhole.

Old 05-22-2015, 07:08 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,458,447 times
I think the problem is that people are more worried about poorer people living in more expensive areas. Rather than making areas attractive or livable for people that are of middle income or higher income levels.

I have traditionally voted Democratic, but I have been disappointed. The Republicans in my opinion though haven't done anything to appeal to minority voters though and I'm not talking about promising them welfare ,etc ..which is what a lot of Republicans typical think is the reason that people vote for Democrats.

At this point , I'm not crazy about either party and career politicians....I didn't think it would come to that but it has.

Old 05-22-2015, 11:27 PM

34 posts, read 54,430 times
Pacoima isn't one of those places in the Valley that were once nice and got bad like Canoga Park, even when most of the Valley looked like Marcia Brady Pacoima was the Valley's Barrio. When the area still had agriculture, Pacoima is where the Mexican farm workers lived and that influence carried on. It can't get "redeveloped" in the same way Downtown or North Hollywood are getting redeveloped because it wasn't ever a very nice place to begin with. Fun fact: Ritchie Valens (La Bamba) grew up in Pacoima.

Old 05-23-2015, 08:55 AM

8,342 posts, read 6,431,022 times
A lot of houses in Pacoima are better than mine. All they need is cleaning up and restoring the yard, plant grass instead of dirt. And better cars instead of beat up old work trucks full of junk.
I think your taking your life in your hands to go around Van Nuys and San Fernando Rd. late at night.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles