Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2015, 01:57 AM

13,583 posts, read 15,664,868 times

Advertisements

This stuff was left in my neighborhood by one person. It's been here for at least several months, and I'm not even certain if I can get rid of it -- will the person who left it here be back to claim it? Will I be violating Mike Feuer's bill of rights for the homeless if I touch it (with work gloves on, of course)? Do I really want to know what's in those bags and under the cloth? And why was this guy camping out a whole block north of Wilshire in the first place?

And this isn't the first time a mentally deranged homeless person has left junk in my neighborhood. Clearly, these people generally have no respect whatsoever for common living space. The world is their toilet, ash tray, and storage bin of junk.

And it's only getting worse -- why is that? May I please have a clean, pleasant, and sane neighborhood in which to live, as we did decades ago, when we didn't allow squatters to bring the whole neighborhood down with their creepy and inconsiderate behavior? It's at the point where I'm thankful if I can walk just a few blocks on Wilshire without seeing a mentally deranged person doing something inappropriate.

Enough!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2015, 06:11 AM

17,440 posts, read 28,607,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post

This stuff was left in my neighborhood by one person. It's been here for at least several months, and I'm not even certain if I can get rid of it -- will the person who left it here be back to claim it? Will I be violating Mike Feuer's bill of rights for the homeless if I touch it (with work gloves on, of course)? Do I really want to know what's in those bags and under the cloth? And why was this guy camping out a whole block north of Wilshire in the first place?

And this isn't the first time a mentally deranged homeless person has left junk in my neighborhood. Clearly, these people generally have no respect whatsoever for common living space. The world is their toilet, ash tray, and storage bin of junk.

And it's only getting worse -- why is that? May I please have a clean, pleasant, and sane neighborhood in which to live, as we did decades ago, when we didn't allow squatters to bring the whole neighborhood down with their creepy and inconsiderate behavior? It's at the point where I'm thankful if I can walk just a few blocks on Wilshire without seeing a mentally deranged person doing something inappropriate.

Enough!
Why can't you have that? Because you're in the city of L.A. with everything that goes along with that.

Old 06-01-2015, 08:09 AM

362 posts, read 544,000 times
For the immediate problem at hand, just call the refuse department to come pick up the trash. That's what I do. Surprisingly, it gets picked up quickly.

Old 06-01-2015, 09:06 AM

12,713 posts, read 15,539,449 times
You sure there's not a body (whole or in parts) under there somewhere??

Old 06-01-2015, 09:42 AM

16,289 posts, read 32,350,015 times
I would have tossed it the minute I saw it. Everything in front of my home gets tossed. I did find a little Hot wheels car that did not belong to my kids on the street. I knew that the people across the street sometimes parked in front of our home. I placed the little car on the ledge of their cars door where they could see it. If I was a little boy I would be in tears if I was missing one of my cars. Hope that helped them out. Other that that, I sweep up in front of our home. I remember the old days when the street sweeper used to come once a week, or it did in Port Hueneme where I grew up. In Oxnard it only comes every other week. Can't have a mess on the street.

If this is something not in front of your home and happens to be in your area, then I guess you do what you want. I think it is more important to work together keeping our neighborhoods clean. I pay to live in my home, plan on being there for many years to come. Could care less about someone that is homeless and fails to work and pay their own way.

Old 06-01-2015, 12:11 PM

3,190 posts, read 3,186,172 times
If it's been there for a long time just toss it into the trash yourself or have the city come and pick it up.

Old 06-01-2015, 05:34 PM

5 posts, read 12,847 times
I just drove by that same pile of junk about an hour ago!!! Right around the corner from Ralphs, right?
I live around the corner in Brentwood, and I feel your pain. A friend from NY just visited, and asked how they could let homeless trash and roam around such nice neighborhoods. It is out of hand.

Old 06-01-2015, 05:41 PM

362 posts, read 544,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MordinSolus View Post
If it's been there for a long time just toss it into the trash yourself or have the city come and pick it up.
I do this. We live near the Rose Bowl. Whenever there's a big event, we find trash all over our neighborhood. Many of the residents just pick it up themselves.

Old 06-01-2015, 06:49 PM

4,213 posts, read 8,308,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grappachianti View Post
I just drove by that same pile of junk about an hour ago!!! Right around the corner from Ralphs, right?
I live around the corner in Brentwood, and I feel your pain. A friend from NY just visited, and asked how they could let homeless trash and roam around such nice neighborhoods. It is out of hand.
What are they supposed to do? Kick them out for being homeless?

It's part of living by the VA

You want true exclusivity, go live remote in the hills or malibu

Old 06-01-2015, 07:10 PM

1,855 posts, read 2,919,159 times
spray your curb with pepper spray to keep the pests away
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles