Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2015, 11:38 PM

337 posts, read 405,601 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
You likely won't convince anyone else to leave either. A lot of people in L.A moved here because they escaped the midwest or other places.

Have you been to the places you are considering to move to?
If you have and you like them and there's nothing keeping you in the L.A area then there's no point to stay here.
They will keep whining how bad it is out here but will never leave.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2015, 11:48 PM

3,830 posts, read 4,659,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crouching_tiger View Post
They will keep whining how bad it is out here but will never leave.
It takes guts and/or motivation to uproot and change the status quo. Easier to simply stay put and whine.

Old 07-16-2015, 11:24 AM

671 posts, read 1,189,445 times
They are now Korean middle and upper income (class) neiborhoods.

Old 07-17-2015, 12:59 PM

958 posts, read 1,145,948 times
"I mean any middle class or poor neighborhood that's not so expensive with blue collar workers and not hipsters.
I am talking at least some 60-70% white or more? If not, what would be closest to my description?"

-Compton, Watts, Inglewood. Move there, they will love you and treat your racist attitudes with fairness and respect. Fly the Confederate Flag from your truck and your neighbors will shower you with love and flowers.

Go ahead, do it today, should be a blast to be somewhere you are finally welcome!

Old 07-17-2015, 04:57 PM

631 posts, read 748,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boulder2015 View Post
"I mean any middle class or poor neighborhood that's not so expensive with blue collar workers and not hipsters.
I am talking at least some 60-70% white or more? If not, what would be closest to my description?"

-Compton, Watts, Inglewood. Move there, they will love you and treat your racist attitudes with fairness and respect. Fly the Confederate Flag from your truck and your neighbors will shower you with love and flowers.

Go ahead, do it today, should be a blast to be somewhere you are finally welcome!
"Virginia Battle Flag" = Racist

Facebook and Twitter, a historical source :^)

Old 08-03-2015, 01:09 PM

36 posts, read 56,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boulder2015 View Post

This goes to you, and all the others that accuse me of being either racist, prejudiced or whatever...

I am not planning on moving to LA anytime soon. I just asked this question out of curiosity, because I have been to LA and haven't found any such area there. But even if I wanted to move to predominantly white area, there is definitely nothing wrong with that. I am white, and just like many other people of all races, I prefer to live around other white people. Not because of the color of their skin, but because of other non-physical characteristics that being white in America, in general, brings. Not that it is better than being black or hispanic, but it is closest to me. If you can't understand why anyone would want to live around their own people, then you are very ignorant. It's never about the skin color or appearance. It's about the culture, way people do things, how they interact.. I understand that I could have what I am looking for in a town where maybe asians or hispanics are majority, however, with these races there is bigger chance that it won't be what I was looking for. Also, just because a place is majority white doesn't always mean it will be what I want. Look at Glendale for example. It's mostly white, yet it isn't the "white" I meant in this topic. Or look at Beverly Hills, it's also mostly white, yet the people there are also not what I am looking for...

Guys, try to be more open minded and think outside of the box I am not at all racist or prejudiced against anybody.

Old 08-03-2015, 01:14 PM

1,855 posts, read 2,915,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by george777M View Post
This goes to you, and all the others that accuse me of being either racist, prejudiced or whatever...

I am not planning on moving to LA anytime soon. I just asked this question out of curiosity, because I have been to LA and haven't found any such area there. But even if I wanted to move to predominantly white area, there is definitely nothing wrong with that. I am white, and just like many other people of all races, I prefer to live around other white people. Not because of the color of their skin, but because of other non-physical characteristics that being white in America, in general, brings. Not that it is better than being black or hispanic, but it is closest to me. If you can't understand why anyone would want to live around their own people, then you are very ignorant. It's never about the skin color or appearance. It's about the culture, way people do things, how they interact.. I understand that I could have what I am looking for in a town where maybe asians or hispanics are majority, however, with these races there is bigger chance that it won't be what I was looking for. Also, just because a place is majority white doesn't always mean it will be what I want. Look at Glendale for example. It's mostly white, yet it isn't the "white" I meant in this topic. Or look at Beverly Hills, it's also mostly white, yet the people there are also not what I am looking for...

Guys, try to be more open minded and think outside of the box I am not at all racist or prejudiced against anybody.
This forum is filled with so many white guilt-ers it's not even funny. The same people who wouldn't bat an eye in suggesting Alhambra or Temple City to an Asian dude looking for an Asian neighborhood (for example) will crucify a white guy looking for a white neighborhood.

Old 08-05-2015, 12:46 PM

4 posts, read 3,418 times
Quote:
Is there any predominantly white middle class neighborhood at all in Los Angeles area?
Something that's not Hollywood Hills, Beverly Hills, Bel Air or Venice and Manhattan Beach? I mean any middle class or poor neighborhood that's not so expensive with blue collar workers and not hipsters.
I am talking at least some 60-70% white or more? If not, what would be closest to my description?
No clue, I live in a mostly white neighborhood: Studio City. I used to live in Sherman Oaks, it's also predominantly white, albeit Jewish. While it's not as expensive as West LA here, it is not cheap.

Here is the kicker - there are no blue collar people in these areas. Blue collar whites live in the 909 or Palmdale or somewhere far. Santa Clarita. I'm working there now and it seems to be a mix of white people. Middle class, blue collar (to me those are two different things) and trailer parks.

I know someone is going to call you racist but I like to be around my own kind as well: over-educated, middle class or above, white collar people.

Old 08-05-2015, 01:32 PM

2,986 posts, read 4,574,012 times
Quote:
Tells people to be open minded......wants to live nowhere near people of a different skin color or culture

Old 08-05-2015, 10:07 PM

2,170 posts, read 3,304,396 times
In all fairness to the op, lets keep it real. Unless you're talking about a big city in North Carolina or maybe ATL, most predominently black / hispanic neighborhoods in major cities, ie. NYC, Detroit, Miami,Baltimore, STL, Chicago, well for lack of a better choice of words THEY SUCK. I'm a black man and I know that. Just look up local crime statistics. So if you have the means, why live in an area that your chance for being a victim of crime are higher.

The problem for you OP is if you are looking for a predominantly white area, the gimmick is, in major cities in the U.S., the same ones I stated above to include LA, most white people don't move to these cities and to be poor. So the areas might cost a decent coin. High Rents/ home prices will help to keep the knucklehead element out. Your working class/ poor white areas are generally found in those Bible Belt states, or more specifically, States where the population is overwhelmingly white.

You gonna have to up your hustle or at worst, look for a roommate situation in a nice area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles